PDA

View Full Version : House Fire off Highway 30 in Marion

Talon92Fox
01-14-2007, 12:30 PM
So Nicole and I were driving on Highway 30 yesterday around 10:30am, pass Culver's and we see some smoke coming from a garage connected to a house in the new development right off the highway, so we keep going then say to eachother that we should turn around and call the cops, so we turn around, and when we get to the intersection the smoke was so bad we couldnt see more than 25 feet in front of us. So we stop at the house and some old people were already calling the cops. Then about 6 or 7 people including young kids come out of the house, (they had just woken up) then eventually the cops and fire department get there, the dumbass in the fire truck put it in reverse instead of park so it was rolling backwards and he had to jump in and pull the ebrake. So we leave before they put the fire completely out, I saw on KCRG's website that it was around $60,000 in damages, in the garage alone. Luminatorz28, I saw you a little ways down the highway heading towards it, did you see the fire too?

boxmakingman
01-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Thats HWY 13.

Luminatorz34
01-14-2007, 05:30 PM
yeah i saw that fire. smoke was rolling out of the soffets all the way around the whole house. looked pretty bad. couldnt have been a good day for them folks. but yeah that was hwy 13