PDA

View Full Version : CRPD Helicopter

96-eclipse-gst
01-12-2007, 05:53 PM
The Cedar Rapids Police Department will soon say goodbye to their beloved vietnam-era helicopter. The cost is becoming too great for our city to continue its use. So with an 8-1 vote the program will be shutting down. It will not be done over night but rather in portions as they have to sell all assets of the program. Some people believe that this will in turn allow street racers to roam the streets unchecked. Yet, realistically, CRPD does a well enough job of those who do. So for those who street race, it may seem like we have gotten somewhat of a break. It may make it easier to street race, but they will always have the numerous patrol cars hiding in the darkness.

StreetSweeper
01-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Good thing my car is blacked out.. FUCK that chopper!

ZacFields
01-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Look what you street racers did! You let your races die down so bad that you saved the city millions of dollars in equipment and labor!

Seriously though, I don't think CR ever really needed a helicopter program. THere are much bigger and more dangerous cities in the world that don't have the choppers. This is a fairly quiet town.

Zac

Stutz
01-13-2007, 12:18 AM
One of those fuckers spotlighted me at kwood one time.

DustinsDuster
01-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Look what you street racers did! You let your races die down so bad that you saved the city millions of dollars in equipment and labor!

Seriously though, I don't think CR ever really needed a helicopter program. THere are much bigger and more dangerous cities in the world that don't have the choppers. This is a fairly quiet town.

Zac

yeah, but for all the street races that chopper broke up, it kinda pisses me off with all the break-ins and thefts we've been hearing about. i know the chopper probably couldnt help at all, but to have so many cops running around, it sucks to hear about all this theft going on.

oh well, im not losing any sleep over it...

TbTalon94
01-15-2007, 08:25 AM
You guys don't realize them canceling the chopter program will just give them more money to increase the road force. So instead of having one helicopter flying over us breaking us up. We will have cops ALL OVER the place looking for us.

Talon92Fox
01-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Is there much the chopper does besides keep an eye on cars? I remember being spotlighted at Toys R Us one time late at night with the Eclipse, for a good reason too, but we wont get into that. Hmph, I'm trying to think of a time that I saw the chopper doing something besides watching traffic.

black88gt
01-15-2007, 09:29 PM
haha and MARION was wanting to get a helicopter

DragonUSMC
01-16-2007, 06:16 AM
This is a fairly quiet town.

Zac

yeah minus everyone's cars being broken into...

boxmakingman
01-16-2007, 10:20 AM
You guys don't realize them canceling the chopter program will just give them more money to increase the road force. So instead of having one helicopter flying over us breaking us up. We will have cops ALL OVER the place looking for us.

Nope, the city needs to cut something like 7 million from the budget, and one of the options they were looking into was cutting 55 police officers.

Hooray for Cedar Rapids running itself into the ground.

SaNdMaNsSi
01-16-2007, 01:31 PM
The music industry said it best. "Fuck the police."

ZacFields
01-16-2007, 02:59 PM
[quote="ZacFields";p="119113":36222]
This is a fairly quiet town.

Zac

yeah minus everyone's cars being broken into...[/quote:36222]

True that. But even that car theft is very mild in these parts. Bigger cities like Chicago, KC, etc... they'll leave your shiz on cinderblocks out there and there won't hardly be anything useful left on the vehicle.

Where I used to live in Columbus Mississippi there would be murders on the news everyday of people within that city and that was normal. When we moved up here to CR it was a nice surprise to see that people don't kill eachother so much here. Like when someone gets killed around here it's a pretty big ordeal. Like the Jetsetta Gage thing a while back... back where I'm from that's just another sad thing to see on the news (as horrible as I just made that sound) but up here it's a huge ordeal.

Columbus, Mississippi actually holds the current record for unsolved murders I believe. I saw it on 20-20 about 5 years ago I think it was. Kinda weird to think I was in the middle of that up until the 3rd grade. It really didn't seem all that bad but apparantly it was. hah.

Zac