PDA

View Full Version : Got hit by thiefs!

preinjected
01-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Ok a little story for you all. I went to bed at midnight. Got up at 7:30 a.m. to let the dog out and looked out at my PRELUDE and noticed the front bumper laying in the grass and my hood was up. I got my shoes ran out to my car to find the drivers side glass busted out. Talk about freaking out! Looked around at what happened and to see what was taken. Thiefs stole from inside my car my gauge pod and window trim piece that held my Phaze boost gauge and AEM wideband gauge. Under the hood they stole my intercooler (XS POWER) and piping, JoeP boost controller and my AFPR. Called the cops to file a report. If anyone knows or sees anything please let me know at 429turbo@gmail.com.
Thanks!

DustinsDuster
01-06-2007, 01:02 PM
my condolances. i'll keep my ears open.

Dustin

preinjected
01-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Thanks! The intercooler will have a dent in the bottom left side as you are reading the xspower logo from the top side.

Stutz
01-06-2007, 01:34 PM
I hate thiefs, hope u find the stuff and they get what they deserve

Ricky
01-06-2007, 03:39 PM
ill keep an eye out for ya. i havent heard anything though

~626~
01-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Wack shit, I expect this in Cali, but not here.

~626~, at the window with his gun looking for thieves.

rysbrnr
01-07-2007, 02:17 AM
sorry about what happened.... what area do you live in..... is Cedar Rapids turning into shit or what? I friend of a friend here got robbed at gunpoint in his own house... they took cash electronics, and even his SUV.

SaNdMaNsSi
01-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Fags.

Drifte
01-07-2007, 11:52 AM
wow rediculous. yeah what part you from? And rysbrner what part a town was this incident at also?! thats nuts!

OneSlowCRX
01-07-2007, 01:44 PM
I got a Nitrous bottle and Intercooler and suspension componets stollen out if my shed a week ago i this shit is retarted who ever is doing it needs to f*ckin get there ass beat

DragonUSMC
01-07-2007, 05:03 PM
wow... thats alot of work to steal what they did.

Makes me fuming mad just reading about it...

preinjected
01-07-2007, 05:03 PM
I live on the S.W. side of Cedar Rapids. I thought exactly all automobile theft were like in southern states and stereos up here. Damn it must be migrating. Hopefully in a month I will have everything back to normal with a full security system. Do you guys/gals ever have a get together?

rysbrnr
01-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Drifte, that incident was also on the SW side of town....near the Cleveland Elementary area I believe. 4Banger here also had an similar incident years ago.... he had his car locked up inside his barn with a pad lock on it and one night he heard noises and ended up chasing away thieves that already broke into his barn.

This is why I don't like people knowing where I live and what I have.. it's just inviting someone to take it. I've had my car broken into before and now I'm a security freak because of it. My cars park inside the garage which also has an alarm on it that is connected to my house system that is connected to a 24hr monitoring service of which I pay a yearly fee. I've glass break sensors, motion sensors on both levels, smoke alarms are integrated and door switches on every exterior door. It's worth every penny and can save your house from getting burnt down in case you aren't home. Plus insurance gives a discount.

preinjected, yes there are get togethers every so often. You'll start seeing more of them once the weather gets warmer.

belittle
01-07-2007, 05:30 PM
What kind of car was it pulled from?

SaNdMaNsSi
01-07-2007, 05:45 PM
It pisses me off when this stuff happens to other people...I keep wanting someone to steal my SI since I haven't driven it in 3 years and it is just taking up space in my garage, but everyday I get in another one of my vehicles there it sits....windows down, doors unlocked, hood up, but everything still in place. Why does this stuff happen to people who want to keep their shit and not happen to people that wish it would get the hell out of their garage?

Ashley
01-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Do you guys/gals ever have a get together?

we're about due for a dinner.. probably buffalo wild wings or godfathers or carlos okellys. they're usually on saturday nights... i'll have to figure out when a good weekend might be, and then figure out where everyone wants to go.

DustinsDuster
01-08-2007, 04:11 PM
yeah, other than the "Marion" on my profile, i dont think many people on here know where i live, and i intend to keep it that way.

it also helps i dont drive my car all winter, and sparingly even in the spring and summer. not to mention im a ninja and pure bred ninja.

Drifte
01-08-2007, 04:37 PM
1 of 3 ninjas on the board

96-eclipse-gst
01-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Actually my fiance had her purse stolen by a couple of african american guys. It was at the kiosks in the middle of the mall. While the mall was supposed to be closed. They were sexually harrassing her and then one slipped behind nabbed her purse and walked away then the other follow suit. Got absolutely everything. Guess where they said they were from.....Chicago... Honestly Cedar Rapids is starting to turn into a freaking ghetto. Its horrible and I agree with Rysbrnr when I buy a house I guarantee ill have the same setup and my car will not sit outside. I wish people would actually just work for what they have and not steal it. I dont have the best job but I managed to work for what I have. Its called Hardwork and Respect for someone else's belongings. If I ever find someone breaking into my house, car, etc or trying to steal something from anyone. I will personally run after you. I was a long distance runner and there is almost no way you are gonna get away from me. I will not be merciful and will plead self defense none the less.

Drifte
01-08-2007, 06:15 PM
also...you cant catch me andrew. and no shit what did jen do? i woulda flipped shit if that happened to mine.

AutoMods
01-09-2007, 01:45 PM
That is the exact reason why I bought myself this gun for christmas in case someone tries to sneak on my property. http://www.importevolution.com/images/hi-point.jpg

I helped Brian do some work on this car. Really pisses me off. The stuff they stole doesn't really have that much of a resale value for the risk it involved. Taking off that intercooler had to take a while the way his bumper is mounted. They take a used dented xs-power intercooler but not all of the piping, good luck selling that for over $50 .

I think there is a good chance that these kids own a prelude and wanted to steal the turbo kit. If you know anyone that you even think could've done it please email Brian (preinjected) and he'll keep an eye on them.

Ryan

OneSlowCRX
01-09-2007, 01:50 PM
This is y my car sits at the shop and not at home....1. there is a security system.....2. Not to many people know where it is.....3.If they get passed the alarm there is a very BIG DOG in the shop. I worked my ass of last fall to get to where my cars at now and im damned if some punk ass is gonna snag my shit!
~Brent

SaNdMaNsSi
01-09-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm in the process of stealing all your stuff from that shop....WITH MY MIND!!!

OneSlowCRX
01-09-2007, 02:14 PM
lol how bout this I will just trade u my Boosted 88 CRX for your Boosted 99 Civic then you wont have to steal it lol

preinjected
01-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Atleast now I have more security and peeping eyes to watch my stuff! Home security is not cheap, but it helps to sleep!

SaNdMaNsSi
01-09-2007, 03:19 PM
How about I just leave it out front of my house with the keys in it and give you the address

ZacFields
01-09-2007, 03:42 PM
HaHa... if you were really giving away that car I'd take it for free :)

The Viper Responder is an excellent alarm system that's very effective. Plus you can put add-ons to it that make it almost lucrative. Like a battery backup inside the siren, so if someone cuts your battery chords, this thing will scream for like 3 days until the batteries run out.

Can be programmed to do most anything... pop your trunk, roll down/up your windows, turn on interior lights... pretty much anything electrical. It's a great alarm system.

Zac

belittle
01-09-2007, 10:01 PM
After I got all my shit stolen I invested in the 791 VX viper system. It's the 500 dollars one at Best Buy.

I have the keys above my head at night so if someone breaks into my shit again I'll know. Best 170 dollars and 2 nights spent.

ZacFields
01-09-2007, 10:16 PM
That's the one I have Belittle. That alarm is the shit ain't it? I personally love it. The only thing that sucks is when people see the nice alarm remote, they ask me what kind of car I have. That's when it's not so much fun anymore :( haha

Zac

belittle
01-09-2007, 10:44 PM
That's the one I have Belittle. That alarm is the sh*t ain't it? I personally love it. The only thing that sucks is when people see the nice alarm remote, they ask me what kind of car I have. That's when it's not so much fun anymore :( haha

Zac

Well I usually don't have that kind of problem ;)

Have you added anything else to it? I made sure I hid the brain VERY well and added multiple grounds. I only have the one sensor hooked up and no remote start. Install yourself?

DragonUSMC
01-10-2007, 06:56 AM
this shit is why i am going to finally get my concealed carry permit... its getting rediculous anymore. All the crap from Chi-town is spreading outwards.