PDA

View Full Version : ISO: good painter to do my bumpers/sideskirts. [pics]

rysbrnr
01-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Now I'm not really a body kit type of guy but I have this kit for my car. I don't really want to put it on but I need a new bumper due a a lil mishap caused by my woman....<---go figure If I put the new bumper without the rest of teh kit it'll look kinda funny so I guess it's "all or none" and the OEM front bumper alone is like $700 or something outrageous like that. I just need someone to paint it correctly for me. I'll buy all the material, just need a guy to shoot it for me. <----know anyone who can do it good and fairly low cost?

http://www.lltek.com/images/riegertek/A402_rgr_fullrear.jpg

http://www.lltek.com/images/riegertek/A402_rgr_fullfront.jpg

http://www.lltek.com/images/riegertek/A4_B5_rgr_sideskirts_v2_Z.jpg

SaNdMaNsSi
01-03-2007, 01:37 PM
If I wasn't insanely busy before I leave the country, I would. My only other suggestion would be to take it to a reputable shop, but since you want to do it cheap and all of the work yourself except for actually shooting it, most shops will probably refuse to do it....

Malibu
01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Previous experience has showed me that if you want something to be done good, it won't be cheap. I have used Waln repair in Fairfax quite a few time and they always do an awsome job.

Aaron

CiViC-Wanted
01-03-2007, 02:27 PM
I could help you out, Maybe even for some DSM part if you had any. Anyways give me a call you have my number if not PM me.

rysbrnr
01-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Malibu,
when I say "low cost" I mean low cost, not cheap...especially not ghetto-cheap. Nothing like, "paint it in my dusty garage" or use cheap brands of paint. I'll probably buy Sikkens (Audi's OEM paint) or at least DuPont which is readily available at French Paint off Blairs Fery Rd. They can match the paint variants right there also.

And yeah Sandman,
most shops won't want to do it unless they do ALL of it, meaning remove/paint parts/install new parts. And most shops don't like aftermarket kits because of crappy fitment issues and poor quality of parts. And I would hate to pay hourly "book" prices for the labor to remove and install the bumpers.... IMO it's a rip of and I refuse to have my wallet cleaned out for something stupid like that.

On a good note today,
I was referred to a guy who is a painter at body shop for a local new car dealership. The guy will paint it in a booth where he works and will do it for a reasonable price. I figure if he paints good enough not to have customers complain on their new cars, then hopefully it's good enough for this stupid body kit I have. It's great, I drop off the kit and materials for him, he shoots it in the booth on his spare time = easy money for him & low cost paint job for me.... it's a win/win.

allgo
01-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Hey rysbnr pm snickerlicker, hes got a guy that does work on the side that does awesome work, his name is Ron so he knows who you are talking about.

slimcat7m3
01-09-2007, 12:41 PM
I do high quality paint and body just outside of Iowa City, I use only high quality paint and equipment, pm me if you are interested