PDA

View Full Version : Whats Iowas rule for registers?

warchild145
01-03-2007, 05:09 PM
nope, they will see the lien and you will be SOL until the lien has been paid off.

DragonUSMC
01-04-2007, 06:34 AM
Its the former owners responsibility to close the loan to their lending company... I mean you have the option of transfering the lien to your name but my understanding is that they paid you with a car for $$ they owed you. Yeah the lien remainds on their head. Depending on how much you like this person, I would go to the bank and tell them the situation. They will tell you the best options, i know some banks take legal action on this as the guy sold a car that he didnt "own".

DragonUSMC
01-04-2007, 06:36 AM
PS if the car title is still in their name they are still responsible for that car. But then again if they call it in stolen then, they got you.

Drifte
01-04-2007, 01:53 PM
thats why im having him sign the bill of sale. but he banks at the same place i do. they will probably notice the thousands he has on loan and the zero from me. Once the bill of sale is signed he sold me a car he didnt own. if i dont get it soon my parents will take legal action for me, since i live up north now.

DragonUSMC
01-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Well he can sell the car... thats his option, but he will have to settle the loan with the bank to get the title. He sits in the most hot water, because if he cannot produce you a title within a certain number of days he gets into more hot water. On top of that the bank uses the car for colateral on the loan, now there is no colateral, so the bank will go collect from his ass.

Drifte
01-08-2007, 04:24 PM
which i was thinking he has another loan from them for another car... Yep i NEED to call the bank.

Ricky
01-09-2007, 11:07 AM
then call. you NEED a car, thats for sure.

DragonUSMC
01-10-2007, 06:58 AM
yeah dude take care of this shit quick... it can come back to bite you.

Drifte
03-09-2007, 10:42 PM
ok, so i accidently deleted my topic post. but heres the whole story if anyone feels like reading.

september I hear kaleb is looking to buy a new car. I say hey, Im in college its expensive, i could sell you my car so i could focus more on school. He checks it out , thinks its pretty cool. Offer comes up of $4500 for the talon, and I can buy his civic from him for $2000. First the civic needs a new alternator, I hook him up with my bro to do a $20 alt install no charge on the alternator. Never have seen the $20 for that.I say sounds good and we meet. We decide its an ok deal, next weekend, I help swap all the parts from the civics audio equipment into the talon, along with talon spare parts.
He doesnt have the civic title on him, but says he will over the next weekend. He asks if he can take the talon that night to get used to driving a stick. I said, well i suppose, but remember Im doing you a favor.

Next day i start getting phone calls that somethings not right, he drove around all night getting used to it, now somethings vibrating. I keep trying to give him pointers over the phone, but obviously have better things to do.

Next day, still problems, i go check it out. I find the plastic trim under the front of the car is all beat up and smushed into the engine bay, while part is hanging down. The passenger fender is dented in also. I look it over, and one of the spark plug wires was unplugged at the coil, so i tell him that must be the prob, i fix it, and i go on my way.

This civic had some retarded dual exhaust with 4" tips. I get to work hacking that off to stick just one muffler in their, pop all the ugly hub caps off,and detail the car for my drive back to cedarfalls.

Another call, my bags are literally packed in the car, and im getting a snack before i leave. Another phone call. He has a really whiney voice, i figure, this cant be good. He says colton, i talked to tyler, and i learned these cars are high maintenance. I think i want to trade back. I pause for a while, realizing i have no legal grounds to say anything otherwise. Then ask, whats wrong, he says its vibrates a lot, i say something like im kinda gettin ready to go to cedar falls. he says well i can come out and give it to you. I say fine, and i start cleaning out my new car and loading it back into the spare.

Another call, i cant take this, i give it to my gf, he says it broke and wont go. I cant take this, i give my gf the civic keys and say, ok go meet him, i will come pic you up in a bit. Knowing if i see his face i will crack it. Brianna gets their, gives him the car and waits, i go get her, see my car all destroyed and come back home. Later call a tow truck and have it towed. Yey more costs to me.

..to be continued

JustinS
03-09-2007, 10:55 PM
to be continued my ass Colton, I want to hear what you did. lol

Drifte
03-09-2007, 10:56 PM
I finally get a hold of the kid online, and he has some plan:

he says You can have the civic and the talon, but wont give me the 2500 rightfuly mine and the civic.

So i say fine, lets get this done, he says his dad is going to send him money so he can buy a new car. I find him this white 94 accord on CRU and get him a deal on it. Saved him $500, and let himuse the civic untill he can get this car. THEN, the the left over money that was to be used to pay for the civics lien was used to buy stereo equipment. Which i was told would still have enough leftover for sure, to get the civic title free.

WRONG, lie one.

I wait and wait, and come back to cedar rapids as often as i can to get the title. and nothing.

the only way i can talk to him after 2 months of waiting is by showing up unannounced at his home. I keep waiting, but im still curtious and attempting patience. Next thing i remember he says he talked to the bank, they say he can have a consolidated loan, or personal loan, either will work.
Lie 2
Next takes 3 weeks for him to decide what loan he wants to choose.
lie 3
then he tells me he went to get the title, but couldnt because collins bank on first ave was robbed 2 months ago, and they got away with trays of stuff from the safe.
lie 4
I call the bank find all of this to be false.
recent news, I show up at his house and ask him if he has the title yet, which he said he would in 2 weeks from after the last visit. well its been 3. No title. I have him sign a paper saying it will be in my hands as of Thursday march 8th or whatever.

Wednesday before the 8th he im's me, saying they couldnt consolidate loans and could get a private loan...even tho he told me he already had. so he tells me what i CAN do...great, more for me to do.

well its Friday march 9th and i don't have a title. talked to the bank again, and they tell me the only way im going to get the title soon is if i BUY the car and have him sign the title in the bank. Other wise its just to court...more costs. what he earlier tells me is an option, IS NOT, the bank wont allow me to take over ownership without the title.

so where am i now? im without a car as of 5-6 months and nothing to show for it.

I do however have signed documents saying this is my car...

i know i missed some other crap. but you get the idea.

Drifte
03-09-2007, 11:02 PM
so were all car guys/gals here. probably wonder, so what happened to my talon?

Well as off the day he took it, it was running better than ever. Newer clutch, installed and all the goodies on the motor working just great.

i pull the motor about a weekend later. find the balance shaft belt broken, then find the fly wheel bolts sheared off, the flywheel broken in parts, and the transmission a bit beat up. Other engine components have oil on them as well.

so what happened? my guess is he ran it really hard. the clutch wasnt broken in yet and i told him not to push it, yet the first time he drove it i heard him boosting. So ,we (collaborated dsm heads) have concluded it was overrevvd, then the spark plug wire came undone, misfiring. where he continued abusive driving, which caused the balance shaft belt to snap, narily missing the timing belt (which is amazing). Then he continued driving more, the vibrations somehow effectng the driveline and shearing off the flywheel bolts, which were new.

some where in their was some ramping or collision of some sort.

my poor car was destroyed, and i didnt have the funds to put back what it deserved.

JustinS
03-09-2007, 11:04 PM
the kid is a certified d-bag, that's for sure.

Drifte
03-09-2007, 11:04 PM
talon parted out made $850, then traded the rest of the car with parts for a non working fourwheeler, because i didnt have the space for it to sit....

moral of the story...paper work, and avoid kaleb, who browses these boards btw.

Drifte
03-09-2007, 11:06 PM
yeah i think a few others on the board will agree, who actually know him too. I trusted him..im retarded.

Ricky
03-09-2007, 11:11 PM
lets punch him in the face

lil krumm
03-10-2007, 12:10 AM
id laugh if he shows up at the car shows in his accord. even though colts not the violent type im pretty sure there would be some ass kicking. shit ill do it if colt wont. i need the legend (our spare) before i can continue workin on my project.....

warchild145
03-10-2007, 07:20 AM
thats a bunch of BS, theirs no excuse for that at all.

logans dad
03-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Don't trust anyone, I sold a car to a friend when I was young and it ended up this way. If selling a car, before any money is handed over get a title right their.

Sorry to hear this Colton as I know your a good person.

Go to a small claims now before its to late. Don't tell him, Just do it and let the courts handle it.

nas180
03-10-2007, 10:55 AM
holy shit thats messed up for a friend to do that. i dont know what i would of done but punches woulda been thrown!

nas180
03-10-2007, 11:02 AM
just remembered if he's not paying on that loan that car can get reposessed. collins is good about reposession. I had a 98 dodge ram repoed still payin on it.

logans dad
03-10-2007, 12:37 PM
I got my car back with water in it and it was froze, Luckily the block was OK after putting it in a heated garage. I sold it with him to make me payments each month and was the biggest mistake ever. Told him I was on my way to get it and he wouldn't come out of his house but left the keys in the ignition.

Since the car was ok I forgot about it and we did become friends again, but didn't do any deals together ever again unless he paid up first lol.

Drifte
03-10-2007, 09:59 PM
ah that sucks, sounds kinda like what i have going on. well, i shoulda known better i guess.