PDA

View Full Version : Zac gets promoted again :-)

ZacFields
12-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Well you guys might remember me coming in here about 5 or 6 months ago telling ya'll I had been promoted in my new job to Team Leader. Well a couple days ago I was promoted to supervisor!

The only thing is that it is a temporary job right now. One of our supervisors unfortunately lost her twin babies at 28 weeks, which is very unfortunate, but she will need some time off and they chose me to assume her duties until she's able to return.

The supervisor position is a significantly higher paying position than the one I'm in so I am happy to have the opportunity even if it's only for a few weeks, but the good news is that being the Pro-Temp Superviser will definitely help me gain the experience I need to hopefully become the frontrunner for the next available supervisor position.

I just figured I'd clue ya'll in on that. The circumstances are very unfortunate and I wish this could have waited a few months and I could tell you guys I was a pro-temp supervisor for someone who had healthy twin babies, but I still have to carve out a little bit of pride and happiness through this bad situation.

Zac

OldSkoolRCR
12-31-2006, 01:31 PM
Congrats Zac...it will lead to bigger and better things...Ed

ZacFields
12-31-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks Ed.

Going to school for business, and hoping to own a business one day, it would be nice if this were the last job I had to work until I decide to start/buy my own business. I enjoy managing people. As a team leader I get to do it sometimes, but I get a much higher dosage of it now. It's experience I will need when I own a business of my own.

We'll see how the next 6 months plays out. There's talk of them building another URrelay in a different state...Michigan I think... so it might free up some opportunities for me here in Cedar Rapids. :)

Zac

allgo
12-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Congrats on the promotion, hard work always pays off.

Stutz
12-31-2006, 04:25 PM
Congrats!

DustinsDuster
12-31-2006, 04:28 PM
congrats Zac. i believe that if you keep at it long enough, good things will come to you. its good to hear youre getting what you deserve.

April
01-03-2007, 06:39 PM
yay for you zac. thats awesome

ZacFields
01-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks a lot for all the congrats guys. I may have only been working at URrelay for about 9 months but like Allgo said, hard work always pays off and I have been working hard at URrelay from the very beginning.

Tonight and Tomorrow I'm working alone, which I've done before but only last Saturday and Sunday when it was slow. There will be a lot more people there tonight. But I certainly enjoy what I'm doing now. It's definitely a good job to have especially since I'm still completing college and I have far greater aspirations that can benefit from the management experience I'm getting now.

Zac

MustangSally
01-09-2007, 11:32 PM
CONGRATS on the new/temp promotion Zac, hopefully your employers will notice that you are very capable handle the position and responsiblities that goes with it and just give you a supervisors job.

ZacFields
01-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Thanks Anita.

I was going to tell you guys about a couple big days I had last week that really showed me that the upper management has placed its' full trust in me... but I realized there were a lot of stats and figures and information that I don't think I'm supposed to really be discussing on something so vast as a public message board.

But basically on a couple of occasions last week, the business was in danger of losing an entire day's income due to a very high volume of business and since I was the evening supervisor, I had to make sure that didn't happen, and we just barely made it out okay. So I was pretty excited that they trusted me to take care of that.

If that sounds weird to you... it's kind of odd...but in the business I work for, you can actually lose an entire day of income by being understaffed and having a high call-volume. We have to answer a certain percentage of calls in under 10 seconds... if we don't do that, then we would lose an entire days worth of income.

But anyways... I have 3 mouth sores now as a result of the stress I had on those days. Just wanted to do a good job so bad that I developed mouth sores :) Everything turned out great though.

Zac