PDA

View Full Version : Slander on a board.

logans dad
12-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Well Vic...first off I stole nothing...No trailers or Harleys and I hope yoou can find some type of legal info to back your story up at the court house since it is public info and should be there.

Now I know where you got the info, I have copyed this and sent it to my attorney, I am having legal issues brought against you for.

A-falseafying info and slander on a public message board. I was told by my attorney and he said quote " I hope Mr. Hale has the documents to back up his accusations, slander in person is one thing but on a public message board is a situation"...So I hope it was all worth it. I have contacted the persons who made the statements, and whom you got them from. I am leaving them from this. As they were adult enough to keep it from the public. I truely hope you can deal with legal issues at this point in your life...Also I was told of the other accusations you have made towards me, and assumptions., the whole conversation was documented, as to the statements you made towards me...Good luck...Ed

An Interesting PM I just received.
I also talked to my attorney and sent him post and he just laughed and said it wouldn't even go to court.

DustinsDuster
12-31-2006, 12:11 PM
i guess im just kinda confused by this post Vic, i dont know what to say to it....

logans dad
12-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Its a PM that Ed just sent to me.

I was pissed about the voice post Ed posted so I typed some hearsay things I heard and It wasn't from anyone at MSCA but another source and I put that it was hearsay but then thought I don't want to go that low and deleted most of it.

Now since no one else will ban my IP would you do it Dustin? Or I will see some slander on me again and respond to it again.

Ashley
12-31-2006, 12:19 PM
all i have to say is... grown men older than my parents are acting like middle schoolers.

threatening to take each other to court? come onnn, we used to do that in elementary school when someone pulled someone else's hair.

if you dont like each other, fine, then don't talk to each other, or about each other. it's that simple.

ZacFields
12-31-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm not really familiar with law, but I could give a few reasons why it would be extremely hard to get a judge or jury to take anything serious that was posted on a message board.

1. I have the ability to log onto any CR:U account, so does Dustin, Trevor, and Ashley. So anything said by anyone on this forum, could have just as easily been said by me, dustin, trevor, or Ashley.

2. Hacking a PHPBB forum is easy. And CR:U has blocked 149 IP's in the last 6 months of people attempting to hack into people's accounts and into our admin. So again, anything said by anyone on this forum could have easily been said by hundreds of thousands of people.

3. To go along with 1 and 2, there is almost no way to correctly identify where posts came from. I know the IP's of all posts on this forum, but however unless the user is posting from a static IP, often times I see their account has been posted from dozens, sometimes hundreds of different IP addresses.

4. I also have the ability to change the posting IP address on my forum, so you couldn't trust the records anyways. If I was dirty, somebody could pay me $500 and I could make it look like Vic made a post, from his IP address, that said he was going to kill the president.

All this stuff is possible on any PHPBB board by the administrators.

I don't know what the situation is and nor do I honestly care, but I've never heard of any judge or jury holding anyone to something they said on a public forum. There's just too many ways that you can defend the legitimacy of what has been said.

Zac

logans dad
12-31-2006, 12:24 PM
all i have to say is... grown men older than my parents are acting like middle schoolers.

threatening to take each other to court? come onnn, we used to do that in elementary school when someone pulled someone else's hair.

if you dont like each other, fine, then don't talk to each other, or about each other. it's that simple.

You see Ashly, Because I'm older its my fault? What age do you think it should all stop then. I didn't start nothing but when I'm slammed I'm just suppose to sit back and look like the fool, I'm the fool weather I post or not. Now please again, just ban my IP and all will be solved then you will see they will just go after others.

Thanks for that post Zac, I know I get carried away but for some stupid reason feel I need to say things back when I get slammed. I know its not very grown up on my part but at the spur of the moment I just say anything back.

DustinsDuster
12-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Vic, im really not sure how to ban your IP address from just this forum, and i dont want to mess with it because im afraid i would accidentially ban you from the board all together. if it has to be, its gonna have to be one of the other admins, but really man, just dont came in here. i know its tempting, but if you know its going to upset you, just take a breath, laugh it off, and dont come in this forum.

Ashley
12-31-2006, 12:32 PM
i didn't say its your fault because you're older... what i'm trying to say is, with age people are supposed to mature. but all this fighting you guys do is something someone with the maturity level of a middle schooler would do. and i know you enough to know you're above that. :)

logans dad
12-31-2006, 12:34 PM
Vic, im really not sure how to ban your IP address from just this forum, and i dont want to mess with it because im afraid i would accidentially ban you from the board all together. if it has to be, its gonna have to be one of the other admins, but really man, just dont came in here. i know its tempting, but if you know its going to upset you, just take a breath, laugh it off, and dont come in this forum.

That's what I want to be ban from the board entirely, I also apologise to all that reads the trash I posted.

logans dad
12-31-2006, 12:39 PM
i didn't say its your fault because you're older... what i'm trying to say is, with age people are supposed to mature. but all this fighting you guys do is something someone with the maturity level of a middle schooler would do. and i know you enough to know you're above that. :)

Thank for saying that Ashly. You all know We had fun at first and I tried to post things that I hoped would make a person have a laugh but somehow got caught up in the trash talk. Some times I did stick my nose in when I felt sorry for some young guy getting trashed because of the car he drove or for some other reason. Its like I got obsessed with this board and couldn't wait to get home to see who was trash talking each other or me.

StreetSweeper
12-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Don't wory Vic, it's not your fault that your not as mature as ashley.. Neither is the rest of us.. Oh well life goes on!

StreetSweeper
12-31-2006, 12:42 PM
I will say one thing.. People should realy watch what they say and what they keep to there selfs. Anyone who knows the situation should have realy thought about what they said.. And Now shit is hitting the fan and it's going to get REAL ugly.

logans dad
12-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Don't wory Vic, it's not your fault that your not as mature as ashley.. Neither is the rest of us.. Oh well life goes on!

I know we will probably never have a friendship again but I call a truths with you and will stop posting shit George.

You should know that I know you will blow me away and thats just the way it will be. I don't want to put a bigger turbo on and spend more money just to race you. I would probably have to put a lot more in it and hell its already breaking so more HP would just make it worse. Have a nice new year and I mean that truthfully.

ZacFields
12-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Why would you start a forum and then sue people for saying mean things to you?

My whole problem with what this situation is about is this: If it's not true, then why make a stink about it?

As the owners of a forum, people are going to say shit about you. I've had some of the most ridiculous claims said about me in the past. George did you know that I was challenged to race for my pinks once but I pussied out? Apparantly I did and I just don't remember it.

My point is... people make up some of the dumbest shit about other people sometimes. Hearsay is a mother... but that's exactly what it is: Hearsay. You can't go around taking people to court for saying something about you that isn't true.

That being said... I don't know much about the situation and I dont' care to know any more about it. I'm not a big fan of lawyers and I'm not a big fan of trying to take someone's hard earned money because they did/said something stupid.

Zac

OldSkoolRCR
12-31-2006, 12:56 PM
Well Vic...Thats all fine and dandy, what your attorneys opinion was that is...well see how it all pans out...If your going to accuse someone of something illigal you should have some facts to back it up...comming on here and talking shit is all great, but tossing out post saying I am a theif and stole this and that, you better have the proof to back it up...not something you heard while hanging with your boys....I know the whole story....That would be the same as accusing you, and publicly putting it out for people to see...I hope you lawyers on top of things....But I will say you are a punk, easy to talk your shit and make your accusations on this board...but you wont do it to me face...which being a man you say you are, should have done... But come Tuesday well see how it works out...your not the only person dont worry.Well if you decide to be a man call me up and we can settle this like adults...Ed

logans dad
12-31-2006, 01:05 PM
What ever Ed. My lawyer said it was a good thing I put hearsay in my post, That is the key word, Now im done with it and what ever happins is what happins.

StreetSweeper
12-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Vic,

I would talk to Allgo before i ever even thought about looking at you again. You have to be one of the most inconsiderate human beings i have ever met.. When you go to the extent that you did with my dad, you crossed the line.. I am not going to sit here and say im a saint, i talk my talk, i walk my walk, but deep down im a helpfull caring person that is out to fuck know one over.I am going to give you one peice of advice.. 1. You pissed off the wrong people. 2. I don't ever want to see your face again, so if you see me turn the other way and dont come near me because i promise you. There will be a situation that know one needs to be involved with. Know one knows, but i do know, and i hear it all and i will assure you that you have done wrong.

logans dad
12-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Theres another threat I will save. I have MS but still can move good. Have a good day

ZacFields
12-31-2006, 01:21 PM
Well you all know where I stand on this. I don't think much of it...I've never had to talk to a lawyer for legal problems and I hope I never have to. I don't see any reason why anything that is ever said on a public message board should ever be seriously used in a court. Any judge or jury that will accept that as factual evidence for anything are not worthy of their positions at all.

But this discussion is no longer happening on my forums. You guys can finish this in PM's or on StreetPSI but not here.

Zac