PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here work at a local auto parts store?

rysbrnr
12-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Just wondering if anyone here works at any of our local auto parts stores. I need to buy some parts for my Subaru and don't really want wait to order them online. Example: spark plug wire set... $64 at O'Reilly auto parts for a knock-off brand, but Bosche spark plug wires for the same car are only $43 shipped....but I have to wait like a week or so. But I need the parts now. If anyone here can hook me up.. lemme know. Thanks!!!

Drifte
12-21-2006, 09:41 AM
my brother may stil be at advace in iowa city, but not for sure honda asked him to come back with bigger $$. i think you have his number if not, we both have yours, and i can pm you his.

rysbrnr
12-21-2006, 01:10 PM
He works at Advance? ... didn't know that. I'll give him a call or text right now. Thanks for the info.

krustindumm
12-21-2006, 01:33 PM
my phone is dead. I dont understand what your asking.

Ashley
12-21-2006, 03:12 PM
if he gets parts from a store, they're expensive. if he gets them online, he has to wait for them to ship. SO he wants to get them from a store, and get them cheap so he's not paying more and/or waiting a week to get them.

wasnt really that hard to understand.

rysbrnr
12-21-2006, 03:19 PM
[quote="Ashley";p="117847"]he wants cheap parts.. and he wants to get them from a store, instead of online, so he doesnt have to wait for them to ship.
quote]

Yes, that's what I'm asking for... can you hook a brother up dustin? I'd like to get some spark plug wires and primary o2 sensor for a 2000 Suby Legacy L, SOHC 2.5L, AT, sedan. I could get them online for real cheap but I don't really wanna wait over a week. So if possible, an employee discount at a store would be the best way to go for me.

krustindumm
12-21-2006, 10:34 PM
you just gotta go to orielly's with the part number. If they can order it, you should get it for that price. I can't pricematch online prices, and I can't order stuff w/o prepayment.

There are parts on Advance's website that I can't even order at the store, but you can order them online and have them shipped to the store. That comes on the daily delivery truck overnight for free.

Drifte
12-22-2006, 12:54 PM
oh yeah i used to have advance ship me things. I would buy it from them using Sears' name which means huge discount, then immediate shipping. I had one incident where some struts were lost in the mail and they overnighted me another set.

96-eclipse-gst
12-23-2006, 10:27 AM
41.06 Borg & Warner spark plug wires (O'Reilly) Center Point Rd Store has them.

$118.00 4 wire (can get tomorrow by 12 or 1) Advance
$126.00 5 wire (before cat on both) (Advance + Oreilly cant get)

rysbrnr
12-23-2006, 10:43 PM
$41 bucks for plug wires? done! I'm gonna pick em up tomomrow.
o2 sensor for over $100? sounds kinda steep.... I'm gonna see if I can just use a universal o2 and use it with the OEM wiring harness.

My car is missing pretty badly and fouls out spark plugs waay too fast ( running rich). mileage is only like 20mpg!