PDA

View Full Version : LOCAL BOYS MAKE IT INTO HOTROD!

DustinsDuster
12-17-2006, 05:18 PM
if any of you guys havent seen either of these cars driving around here, you really need to. it's just a neat feeling to see two local guys' cars, which ive seen hundreds of times, been up close to and all, its neat to see them in a national magazine like this.

Hot Rod had this to say about BHavlik's 55 Bel Air-
Brian Havlik's '55 Bel-Air was one of the most fun cars to watch because it did this on nearly every pass(theres a picture of him launching with the wheels a good 18" in the air).The mid-9 second car wasn't in the hunt for the top prize, but getting to beat on your shoebox like this for several days is what it's all about. He averaged 9.49 at 141mph with nitrous'd Dart small block

and said this about Mike's '66 Coronet:
Mike Walsh had the ultimate answer to the windsheild wiper rule that stymied so many racers- his bolt-on temporary wiper seup with a single motor and linked-together wiper arms was pure genius. His low-10 second from a reliable 493ci Wedge motor won his class, but he ran as quick as 9.84 at 136mph.

i thought Allgo went with them, but i couldnt find anything on his car in the magazine. i did see Scott in the picture of Walsh's Coronet though. unfortunatly, i don't think Brian or Mike are members here on CR:u, so if you see either of these guys, give them a pat on the back!

heres some pics from hotrod.com:

http://www.hotrod.com/dragweek/hdrp_2006_drag_week_coverage_sunday/photo_16.html

http://www.hotrod.com/dragweek/hdrp_dragweek_2006_coverage_monday/photo_03.html

http://www.hotrod.com/dragweek/hdrp_dragweek_2006_coverage_monday/photo_04.html

http://www.hotrod.com/dragweek/hdrp_dragweek_2006_coverage_monday/photo_05.html

check out the magazine for more details.

Rollin on Dubs
12-17-2006, 06:37 PM
All go, went up there to spectate but i dont think he went on drag week, The local guys that i know of, were Brian Havlik, Mike Walsh, Al Deerberg(SP) and KC Visak. And i think they hauled scotts drunk ass around with them.

But Brian Sold his 55 and its out one the east coast now, But he has a new car being buit that is going to be quite impressive, to say the least. Im not going to go into too many details but it has some cool shit and is going to be much faster and even more streetable than the belair (which is hard to top).

DustinsDuster
12-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Brian sold his 55?!?!?!?!?! why would he sell it? i thought he loved that car so much he'd never sell it? hasnt he had it since he was like 19?

allgo
12-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Dustin I was up there watching not racing, it is pretty awsome to see those cars all running on pump gas. I heard about brians new car sounds pretty bad ass.

Stutz
12-17-2006, 07:57 PM
I read that in hot rod, way to represent cedar rapids! they need to join CR:U

Rollin on Dubs
12-18-2006, 12:44 AM
Brian sold his 55?!?!?!?!?! why would he sell it? i thought he loved that car so much he'd never sell it? hasnt he had it since he was like 19?

Yah he has had it for years, but he was ready to build something new. You will be impressed by his new car. Trust me! Thus far everthing on it has passed across a scale and then put under the knife.

GMPARTSMAN
12-18-2006, 11:56 AM
rollin can you at least tell us what body style of car it is??? want to know what to look for this summer..

69gt4speed
12-18-2006, 01:19 PM
All go, went up there to spectate but i dont think he went on drag week, The local guys that i know of, were Brian Havlik, Mike Walsh, Al Deerberg(SP) and KC Visak. And i think they hauled scotts drunk a$$ around with them.

But Brian Sold his 55 and its out one the east coast now, But he has a new car being buit that is going to be quite impressive, to say the least. Im not going to go into too many details but it has some cool sh*t and is going to be much faster and even more streetable than the belair (which is hard to top).

Brian is a good guy, I've talked to him, tried to race him on collins right after he got done with it around the 4th of july. Looking forward to seeing a new car even better. :supz: Yea I was happy that c.r. cars showed up.. Thanks for all that did..

Scott
12-18-2006, 01:48 PM
LOL dubs your a funny guy, I wasnt even drunk in that picture I dont think. but at least I helped KC get his car fixed multiple times. That thing had more problems than any one else in our group, but the nitrous bottle safety blow off accident was fricken funny "good thing it was free nitrous"

Rollin on Dubs
12-18-2006, 02:55 PM
LOL dubs your a funny guy, I wasnt even drunk in that picture I dont think. but at least I helped KC get his car fixed multiple times. That thing had more problems than any one else in our group, but the nitrous bottle safety blow off accident was fricken funny "good thing it was free nitrous"

You heir about nitrous bottles blowing off and doing some crazy shit, But leave it to scotty to have to do it while he is in the car. At least you didint have it between your legs, You prob would have got frost bite on your sac.

rollin can you at least tell us what body style of car it is??? want to know what to look for this summer..

Early Chevy2, I will talk to him and see if i can post some pics of the progress, Brian isint the type of guy who likes to be all secret about what he's building but i dont want to advertize unless its cool with him.

DustinsDuster
12-18-2006, 03:55 PM
I read that in hot rod, way to represent cedar rapids! they need to join CR:U

i dont think either Brian or Mike are very big computer guys. i think that helps explain why theyre both usually so low key. they dont get caught up in all the bullshit that seems to be synonomous with the internet.

Yah he has had it for years, but he was ready to build something new. You will be impressed by his new car. Trust me! Thus far everthing on it has passed across a scale and then put under the knife.

i was just in love with that car, but it just had the perfect look. had the perfect stance, color, everything. im gonna miss it.

RandomHero
12-18-2006, 06:38 PM
i read that artical when it came out, there is a pic some where of my buddy Scott Warten.