PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Support Center Call

ZacFields
12-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Andy will probably get a kick out of this. Where we work, a large part of what we do is making customer support calls for deaf people to places like microsoft, aol, tmobile, verizon... you name it, we've called there.

Working in the evenings (Andy and I work til midnight) most of the American calling centers are closed, but fear not consumers, the ones in India, China, the middle east, etc are all still open and often times those are the only people you can talk to if you call customer service late at night.

I have spoken with numerous customer service representatives that sound almost exactly like the guy from this video clip. The crazy thing is we're expected to type out exactly what they say. Watch this video, and you'll have a whole new respect for the difficulty of Andy (Bizurke) and my job.

http://www.break.com/index/microsoft_su ... enter.html (http://www.break.com/index/microsoft_support_center.html)

Zac

Ricky
12-10-2006, 07:13 PM
hahaha i had a hard time understanding him but it was funny

Stro
12-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Even with subtitles it was hard.

ZacFields
12-11-2006, 09:46 AM
haha I think you 2 are missing the point. He's trying to talk about a customer service call that someone had made to him. The subtitles aren't what he's actualyl saying, the subtitles are what it sounds like he's saying.

In reality, he's trying to talk in clear english he just sucks bad.

Zac

DustinsDuster
12-11-2006, 04:52 PM
yeah, i saw that a while back. its pretty fun to try to figure out what he really meant to say. humorous video, totally..

JustinS
12-11-2006, 04:57 PM
I called Dell technical support a year ago at like midnight while I was reformatting my hard drive and I got someone in India. The only difference in my situation was that she actually spoke PERFECT English, and so did her supervisor who also came on the phone to do a little survey about how helpful she was.

That was still a funny video though.

ZacFields
12-11-2006, 08:06 PM
This type of stuff is why I am either :

A) Against foreign calling centers. Seriously, if you're going to send your jobs overseas, why would you make it your customers' problem too? Give them the assembly line jobs and such... even though I don't like sending jobs overseas in the first place.

B) In favor of a much more restrictive selection process of these foreign calling centers. Think about it..... Microsoft allowed this man to be hired into their business to deal with customer service. They knowingly allowed this man to be almost directly in the face of the customer and he can't form a coherant sentence to save his life. In that entire video there was not one understandable complete sentence.

When I call customer service in foreign countries, I notice that often times if your problem is outside the general realm of "normal" problems then it's very difficult for the person to understand your problem. The reason for this is because they generally (not always, but often) don't know any more English than what it takes to perform simple customer service tasks.

Arggggg. :)

Zac