PDA

View Full Version : my sweet rides

Bizurke
12-09-2006, 04:36 PM
I get 90mpg (of water) have little to no cost to maintain and I never have to worry about paying for parking.

2005 Trek 820 (STS)
Mods/upgrades: Shimano Pedal Design Clipless pedals, Trek interchange rear rack rated at 50lbs, Bontrager bar ends, Bontrager steet tires (in picture), Specialized fat boy 1.25" kevlar slicks, Bontrager mountain tires, Serfas 5LED light package, and additional water bottle holders.
comments: This ride has given me over 2000 miles of hard riding on tours accross the state and commuting through town, it can haul anything and is made of high tensile steel that could be run over by a tank and shrug it off. This is my work horse.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l30/Andy319/Bikes/trek820.jpg

2006 Kent road bike.
Mods/upgrades: I have removed all lettering and graffics and replaced with my own, profile design aero bars, sram rear deraileur, sram bottom bracket, Shimano "SPD" clipless pedals, Serfas Lighting package, Deep V wheelset, continental "skinny" tires.
Comments: This bike was a walmart special that I got to see if I like road bike geometry. I've had to upgrade a lot of stuff on it and have spent more money on it than it's worth. It's a piece of junk but it's fast enough for me to have been pulled over for speeding. tucked in the aero bars I can maintain 30mph or more on a flat and can exceed 58mph going downhill. Currently I am tearing this down and taking the parts to use on an old frame so that I can make a road touring bike.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l30/Andy319/Bikes/roadie.jpg

Windsor - The Hour. Fixed gear track bike.
I am waiting to take delivery on this in the next couple weeks. Fixed gear means that there is no free wheel and you must pedal in order to move (no coasting) there is only one gear and it is originally designed for track racing where gears are not needed. Fixed gear/single speed bikes are the workehorses used but messengers worldwide for their ease of use, speed, and lack of maintainence. A fixie that is put together well needs almost no work done to it other than the occasional chain lube. Also note, NO BRAKES!

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/654/hoursilver500co7.jpg

If you haven't figured it out yet, I don't have car, and I don't really want one. The only reason I can think of to get one is if I got a truck to take mountain bikes to trails with. I'm not a car hater, and I used to be quite the car buff but I just grew in to other interests over time. If anyone on these forums likes to ride I'm always looking for people to ride with.

oh. And yeah I know this forum is based on cars but I still like it here and I want to talk with local people more often so I'm going to keep posting here :-)

DustinsDuster
12-09-2006, 04:59 PM
i like to ride, but im more of a BMX guy. if you ever get into that branch of riding, let me know. i'll hit the CR poo-park with ya.

Bizurke
12-09-2006, 05:13 PM
I can't do that 20" business. I'm up to try but I don't see myself spending money on a bike I know I'll never ride. I definitely respect good BMX riders though.

IPOCPresident
12-10-2006, 11:00 AM
I am into riding, actually just got back into it this summer. My current rides are a Cannondale F700 mountain bike, and a Surly Cross Check Cyclocross Bike. I just finished up cross season over Thanksgiving weekend. 8 races in 8weeks. Definetly a good time. I wouldn't mind finding someone else to ride with, my training for next year will include doing RAGBRAI and next years cross season, and maybe some Criteriums throughout the Spring/Summer. I will get some pics up later of them both.

Ricky
12-11-2006, 11:16 AM
me and drifte like to tear up sugerbottom on our sweet mountin bikes

Drifte
12-12-2006, 06:30 AM
i like mountain biking, if its not scary riding tho i get bored quickly. used to ride bmx, but i live out in the sticks.