PDA

View Full Version : Introducing CR:U GARAGE!

ZacFields
12-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Hello All,

Wanted to introduce to you all to a new feature to CR:U that I worked on late last night. It's called the CR:U Garage!

I've been meaning to add this for like... 6 months... but the site's overall performance has been too much of an issue for me to be concerned with this but I finally got around to it.

You'll notice under everyone's posts there is now a white button that says "Garage." Click on that, and then once you're in the garage, click "Create Vehicle" to add your vehicle today!

Basically it's a place where you can showcase your car and lots of information about it including scans of your timeslip, pictures of your car, modifications, and anything else! Each ride has its own guestbook and all!

Check it out!

Zac

Luminatorz34
12-03-2006, 07:39 AM
thats actuay really cool. its a showcase for our cars. now we can all see what everyone has, and has done to their cars. cool addition to the site Zac

ZacFields
12-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks Luminator. There's a lot of info about your cars that you can add on there. I am going to change the buttons (which were meant for a forum with a white background) either to new buttons or links soon so it will look a lot nicer.

In the future (as was suggested to me in a PM) once we get enough cars put up there, we will start having a "Ride of the Month" and for one week every month we will rotate pictures of THEIR car on the index in place of the regular rotation.

So register your rides in there. You can put as many cars in there as you'de like. If you have 15 cars, put all 15 up there!

Zac

warchild145
12-03-2006, 02:20 PM
cool feature, only one bad thing, the year only goes to 1980. Anyway it will go any lower or is it only me?

DustinsDuster
12-03-2006, 02:48 PM
/\ yeah, i had that problem on Dragsource with the garage, they also didnt have Plymouth or Duster on their list of cars. just something to check for.

Dustin

StreetSweeper
12-03-2006, 03:07 PM
No "EAGLE" "TALON" either! Zac, did you throw the "streetsweeper" in the rotation?

Ashley
12-03-2006, 07:41 PM
^ yes. if you scroll through, you will see it.

JustinS
12-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Mercury wasn't on the list so I just added it myself. This is pretty sweet Zac!

ZacFields
12-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks everyone for joining! Let's try and get all the cars up there. Don't be too shy to post pictures!

Make SURE you use the vote function. The highest rated vehicle is listed as the "featured vehicle" on the main garage page. So rate the vehicles on whether you like them or dislike them.

Zac

ZacFields
12-05-2006, 06:52 PM
cool feature, only one bad thing, the year only goes to 1980. Anyway it will go any lower or is it only me?

Sorry about that. The garage came preinstalled with those settings. I will lower the year to 1940 and that should be sufficient, eh? So you guys with older cars should be able to add them now.

Zac

warchild145
12-05-2006, 07:05 PM
sweet, thanks zac

RandomHero
12-08-2006, 04:29 PM
no trailblazers? :(

ZacFields
12-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Matt you can actually add a vehicle in there. There should be a link.

The people who created it just made the list very short and general.

I may just sit down today while I'm at work (which is right now) and start adding some vehicles that I know some of you have.

Zac