PDA

View Full Version : Dyno testing

BillBoardBlood36
12-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Most likly a dumb question to you guys but is there a Dyno here in Cedar Rapids?

fbodyguy
12-01-2006, 09:12 PM
There are two dyno's, soon to be three. There is a motor dyno and a soon to be a wheel dyno at Performance Concepts, I'm not sure what Steve is doing with the Wheel dyno when he gets it running as far as tunning cars.
The other is the old one in Hiwatha and no tuning or 4/5 gas sampling happens.
I'm not sure if any of them are eddy current dyno's either which will give you real world load testing

allgo
12-01-2006, 10:02 PM
I dont think he is doing the wheel dyno at performance anytime soon, at least that is what he told me last week. I know that the pit is ready though.Sperry has a motor dyno to.

logans dad
12-02-2006, 06:48 AM
Are any of the mentioned people going to have a 4 wheel dyno ?
Trent told me he is getting one but doesn't have it yet in Davenport.

fbodyguy
12-02-2006, 07:03 AM
Neither are that I know of, I don't think Steve's pit is set to handle 4 wheel, I will ask today.

logans dad
12-02-2006, 07:41 AM
I have learned tho that a chassis or engine dyno only gets you close. The best tuning is at the strip.

Scott at Sperry's tried jets and timing when dynoing the stock car engine and it was at its peak HP, but we found out it ran a 10th faster changing the jet 1 size at the race track and the jet we ended up running showed 20 HP less on the dyno. This might be because you can have to much power for the 1/4 mile track and it cut the HP to a rate that made it easier to put the power to the track.

I am a believer of dynos tho.

DustinsDuster
12-02-2006, 01:38 PM
I dont think he is doing the wheel dyno at performance anytime soon, at least that is what he told me last week. I know that the pit is ready though.Sperry has a motor dyno to.

I know the pit is ready, because i plumbed the damn thing, hehehe.

StreetSweeper
12-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Well i hope next time i am at the track, i get a chart that tells me what im putting down to the wheels!

But anyway there is one in Port Bryon illinois.. "Illinois dyno center" It is about a hour and 20 minn from here.

allgo
12-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Id be very carefull at port byron there sniffer isnt the best, found out the hard way. But if you use your wideband and not theres you should be alright!

drfast4ward
12-02-2006, 07:22 PM
our AWD/2WD 2000hp capable will be in place by febuary it is ordered and they say 6 to 8 weeks delivery pit will be getting finished in two weeks.. we are the closest awd dyno next closest is ams they are booked up thru july.. illinois dyno center in port byron good people, but like allgo said there sniffer is off by a whole point. we will post new website and pricing soon.

logans dad
12-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Ive seen Trents old shop and new shop. Looks like thay are real busy. The new shop looks like it will be nice when all done. I saw a red GSX in the new shop and it looked just like mine. Had a dog box tranny sitting by it.

logans dad
12-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Ive seen Trents old shop and new shop. Looks like thay are real busy. The new shop looks like it will be nice when all done. I saw a red GSX in the new shop and it looked just like mine. Had a dog box tranny sitting by it.

Joe, Do you run a wide band on the Grand National?

I did an edit, Dont know why it posted twice.

allgo
12-02-2006, 08:42 PM
I have a wideband in all my cars.

logans dad
12-03-2006, 07:03 AM
I dont know why I even asked lol, I figured you did.

snickerlicker
12-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Thats the way the MSCA gets it done, wideband style!!

DustinsDuster
12-03-2006, 01:06 PM
our AWD/2WD 2000hp capable will be in place by febuary it is ordered and they say 6 to 8 weeks delivery pit will be getting finished in two weeks.. we are the closest awd dyno next closest is ams they are booked up thru july.. illinois dyno center in port byron good people, but like allgo said there sniffer is off by a whole point. we will post new website and pricing soon.

so that dyno will be ably dyno all, FWD, RWD, and AWD? can you ballpark a figure on how much youd charge for a session?

drfast4ward
12-03-2006, 04:45 PM
cant ballpark yet once i know you all will know