PDA

View Full Version : *Broken integra* New problems-Ways to solve it.

aznsk8rboii
11-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Well the title explains. I was driving my car last night, w/o a cat. I was taking it to marion where the next day full exhaust was going to be put on. I was being nice on it and it went kerplunk. I took it to a parking lot watched it leak, and realised i better just go home. the next day(today) i went and seen that i put a hole in the block...Fcking Hondas... I started it and saw oil/smelled exhaust fumes floating from the block, so obviosly i blew it up. The car runs fine and it looks/i don't know till i get a chance to tear apart the head if i broke any valves or whatever.

My guess is that because i had the cat taken off, and not put on, overnight cold air got into my block and cooled the valves too quickly. Then when i started driving it, it was w/e and blew up. Well my question is, since i'll end up keeping it I was wondering what kinda options do I have for this car. I mean, is it worth replacing the stock motor-or should i have fun and swap it. I have a whole year before i can drive again, so down time isn't a problem, but due to bills i'd appreciate cost effectiveness.

Let me know what you guys think/tell me other ideas for this ride...it'd be appreciated...

Im not really pissed that i did it tho. I mean yeah it sucks. but why do i not feel guilty for blowing up my car?

Ricky
11-26-2006, 08:36 PM
well what kind of moter is in it now?

aznsk8rboii
11-26-2006, 08:46 PM
well, if i am not mistaken, its a b18b1 with 142 horse with 126ish trq. I'm going in on tuesday and taking the head off to see if the head is okay. This will be the first time tearing into a car like this. Hopefully things go according to plan. If the head is fine, all Ill need is a block. If so I'd try and find a B20. Or stock...but really i'd like to do something that i can be proud of.

If anyof you honda guys wanna help me/give me info. call me at 365-9533 I could use some information/help. Like i said before I appreciate all the help i could get.

With B16 how would wiring work, would all be same, cept for three i'd have to run to vtec sulinoid? or would building the stock b18 and building it for turbo be better...thanks.

Ricky
11-26-2006, 08:51 PM
i say building up the b18 and go turbo but then agian im not a honda guy

aznsk8rboii
11-26-2006, 08:54 PM
would this *dead* honda forum be the one to post this into, or would like the tech section be better?

aznsk8rboii
11-27-2006, 03:08 AM
Remember im looking for a daily driven nice street car. Just for kicks and fun. I'm done after getting a attempt to elude ticket. Just want a fun viable project, and it may be the turbo.

krustindumm
11-27-2006, 08:16 AM
(today) i went and seen that i put a hole in the block...Fcking Hondas... I started it and saw oil/smelled exhaust fumes floating from the block, so obviosly i blew it up. The car runs fine and it looks/i don't know till i get a chance to tear apart the head if i broke any valves or whatever.

dur...i require pictures. Because of the way engines work, it is generally impossable for one to run fine with a hold in the block.

My guess is that because i had the cat taken off, and not put on, overnight cold air got into my block and cooled the valves too quickly. Then when i started driving it, it was w/e and blew up.

unpossable, just think about it for a second.

Get pictures of the hole in the block, and we can go from there.

Ricky
11-27-2006, 06:21 PM
^ listen to this guy above all. He is the honda guy on here

aznsk8rboii
11-28-2006, 06:11 PM
I don't really have a camera to take a pic of the hole, but i just found some block chunks lying on my traction bar...

so I think im going b20...well, i think unless i can't save enough money, then ill just have to replace the ls.

krustindumm
11-29-2006, 12:35 AM
so you want a diagnostic of a problem you can't accuratly describe.

I charge for service calls.

aznsk8rboii
02-07-2007, 01:22 AM
I thought id let you know I swapped a b18a1 motor in...got it for cheap..actually its the one u sold jed.

Drifte
02-13-2007, 12:53 PM
you who? i like pics of cars. or atleast engine bays.