PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Guns, originally posted by 69gt4speed

ZacFields
11-26-2006, 12:14 PM
While Amoander, I and the stang crew were hanging out by med labs last night, across the street by the hospital we see a car in front make a pop, pop, pop sound then the car behind it ppl started yelling, then sped off after the first one. Well the first car was shooting paint balls and very shortly probably 6 or so squad cars start cruising around 1st ave. One car pulls up and asks if we saw type of car, plates, all that good stuff....

Point is shooting paintballs out of a car is not a good idea, it is treated pretty serious by the police.... It can be considered a weapon same as a gun and to be used in committing a crime carries a stiffer penalty... Go to a range or something if you want to do it.... shooting at a innocent or vandalizing property is not a good idea.

I saw this over on StreetPSI and I wanted to bring it over here so you guys can see it too. Reading about stuff like this pisses me off. If you guys know anyone who does this shit tell them to knock it off. Rob is right, paintball guns are treated just like any other weapons because even a paintball gun can do serious damage to somebody if it hits them in the right spot (eyes, in mouth, temples, etc).

Let cruising the avenue be fun...don't ruin it for people with this nonsense. That is exactly why it's been over 2 summers since I have been seen cruising first avenue. Unfortunately I work down there now until midnight so now I have to drive through shit like that to go get my lunch. Pretty sad when I'm on first avenue between 2nd street and taco bell and I have to fight off the kids trying to race me for the 30 seconds i'm on that road on friday and saturday night.

JUST CRUISE! Quit fucking around!

Zac

DustinsDuster
11-26-2006, 04:29 PM
that is pretty sad. Rob, did you guys tell the cops anything? id do my best to get them busted, just to keep shit like that off of the streets..

DragonUSMC
11-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Dont ever let a tourny paintballer get his hands on the people like this.... These asshats are the reason it took soooooooooo long for me to get a paintball field built on ISU campus.

Besides... you might paintball the wrong person and they might shoot .357's at you... they tend to leave more then a welt.

MustangSally
11-26-2006, 08:41 PM
that is pretty sad. Rob, did you guys tell the cops anything? id do my best to get them busted, just to keep sh*t like that off of the streets..

A couple of the guys spoke with the police but could not give them much information by the time I realized there was a police car pulled up in the driveway where we were sitting .

I can tell you this though, the car that was shooting the paintballs was an older 80-something Chrysler LaBarron , body is rough-looking, I don't remember the color of the car but would know the car if I seen it again............ if that makes any sense.

I had this same thing happen to me on 1st Ave a few years back, scared the hell out of me when the paintball hit my passenger window (thank God I had it closed ), I pulled a police car over and made the report as to where the shoot came from and after I pulled away from talking to the police a Bronco pulled up beside me demanding to know what I was talking to the cops about, not a good thing when your on the SE side.

69gt4speed
11-26-2006, 09:02 PM
you might paintball the wrong person and they might shoot .357's at you...

Very true some states shooting paintballs can be considered deadly force so go figure what could happen, say you were in florida or some other states with a permit to carry.... It's a lot more fun anyway to duke it out with your buddy on a field.... someone your equal is a better challenge.... do I race a 3.0L villager in my stang? No I either find something for the stang or get another car close to equal... Does the DragonUSMC compete with me on snowboarding? No fun there.... :supz: He wins...

DragonUSMC
11-27-2006, 07:11 AM
^ =P

Exactly... Besides, paintballs are .68 cal tylonal gelcaps with animal fat filling... most markers are set to shoot at 275 fps (feet/sec) out of the box... depending on the marker and air system being used one could turn that up to over 500 fps. If its CO2 and the held it up side down for a good min or two the liquid would cause for a REALLY hot shot at over 600fps.

My boss (old paintball store / field owner) bought .68 cal teflon coated ball berings and loaded his marker for home defense. Turned it up to 400 fps and at 100 feet away shot through 3 pieces of 3/4" plywood. So yeah they will rip an eye right out of your head.