PDA

View Full Version : bleeding brakes

tbaerg
11-24-2006, 04:30 PM
If anyone gets a couple of seconds, could I be pointed in the direction of a good write up on how to bleed my lines on my 95 240sx. I'm having a bit of trouble getting all the air out of my lines. THanks for the help.
Tom

s13kid
11-24-2006, 11:24 PM
Uhmm.. I havent actually bled my breaks yet but you should start farthest from the master cylinder, assuming your doing all 4 start with the right rear.

Have sombody to help you pump the pedal.

-Start with the right rear. have sombody pump the pedal 4-8 times and hold it down to the floor.

-Open The bleeder screw.

-again, have someone pump the pedal a few times and open the bleeder screw

-Repeat as many times as needed. (until there are no air bubbles)

continue on to the left rear, then right front, then left front.

always keep the master cylinder full other wise you get to start over :)

s13kid
11-24-2006, 11:27 PM
here are some instructions from stop-tech.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_ho ... akes.shtml (http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_howto_bleedbrakes.shtml)

tbaerg
11-25-2006, 11:42 AM
awesome, thanks for the assist. I'll be back if I manage to screw it up. Thanks again.

boxmakingman
11-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Oder to bleed your brakes for 95 240sx:
Left Rear
Right Rear
Right Front
Left Front

tbaerg
11-26-2006, 01:23 PM
I've been making progress but I'm my pedal is still not as firm as it was before. I only replaced my rear rotors and pads, do I still need to bleed the fronts? Also, this is quite stupid, but should i have the car running while I'm bleeding or not? Thanks again guys.

s13kid
11-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I dont think you would have needed to bleed your breaks if you only did the rears.

I dont think the car is spos to be running

tbaerg
11-26-2006, 02:32 PM
the tricky thing is that I took off the entire caliper and accompanying assembly so that's how air got into the system.

tbaerg
11-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Any other points of view? Just trying to get as much advice as possible.

Drifte
11-28-2006, 11:43 AM
if it has abs, you may need the car running...some require that. if your in no hurry, let all 4 bleeders a little open add fluid and let it gravity bleed. make an attempt to replace all the old fluid. make sure you get the bleeders tight when u start to pump the pedal. or just go buy some easy bleeder valves from advance or somethin.

krustindumm
11-28-2006, 03:42 PM
if you only removed one caliper, it should be fine, as long as you didnt let it all drain out.

for future reference, gravity bleed! Easiest way. Remove the old caliper, immediatly install the new one. open the bleed valve and lit it sit uintil a steady flow of fluid runs out, usually takes 2-3 minutes. TIghten the screw. Done.

If the system bleeds out and you have ABS it can be a bitch. Some ABS units have bleader screws. On those systems start bleeding there before the wheels. Other systems require the key to be on, while some require a scan too to cycle the internal valving.