PDA

View Full Version : Dragon fails at life...or Maybe not...

DragonUSMC
11-22-2006, 12:57 PM
OK so i didnt get the job in CO because I am a SECURITY RISK.

Because of the debts i refused to pay that Iowa State charged me while i was at war... i got put on a bad credit list. So because of that i was refused the job with the department of homeland security...

EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A TOP SECRET CLEARENCE!!! which is higher then any of them... anyway

just wanted to let everyone know i'm not going anywhere anytime soon. =/

Ricky
11-22-2006, 01:17 PM
thats too bad and thats also bull shit

JustinS
11-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Sounds like a sucky situation, is there any way you could correct the ISU mishap and reapply?

DustinsDuster
11-22-2006, 02:12 PM
have you ever talked to a lawyer about the ISU bills? that seems like a pretty weak deal to me...

it sucks you didnt get the job, but its cool to know youre gonna be around to drink with for now.

melhoneybee
11-22-2006, 04:18 PM
well that sucks... did you ever hear back about your hearing??

titan01
11-22-2006, 05:15 PM
OK so i didnt get the job in CO because I am a SECURITY RISK.

Because of the debts i refused to pay that Iowa State charged me while i was at war... i got put on a bad credit list. So because of that i was refused the job with the department of homeland security...

EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A TOP SECRET CLEARENCE!!! which is higher then any of them... anyway

just wanted to let everyone know i'm not going anywhere anytime soon. =/
your a risk couse of bad credit .....what the fuck , that has to be the most fucked up thing i have ever heard ..

DragonUSMC
11-22-2006, 09:55 PM
eh i'm not too pissed about it really...

happy that i finally know what i'm doing this winter. Now i can just concentrate on the snowboard team and do that...

Thx for the support guys... i wasnt REALLY wanting this job... it just got me out in CO making a decent wage.

ZacFields
11-22-2006, 11:24 PM
Jay I think you should consider what I told you in IM. Think about it for a while at least. It would be good to have you here in CR and I know you would be good at it. Get back on the horse like I said!

Zac

69gt4speed
11-23-2006, 03:06 AM
Bad credit rating can be the worse, why? You might never know, there maybe isn't no court hearings. 2 you can't always appeal it... I've got stuck myself before for 75 some dollars by j.c. penneys not even my bills.... My dear ex charged them and never paid though the divorce decree said otherwise... I paid it later and they wouldn't change the rating.. so that is the real world. If you cosign or maybe married and ask for a 2nd card in ur spouses name he/she can be responsible.... life sucks....the end.... U are married stuff goes bad, report them stolen before it becomes $$$... Same way if lost...

titan01
11-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I just dont get it . You served this country ( and i think you ) they trust you enough to give you weapons ,watch your friends backs ,put your life on the line and you a security risk couse of a credit report . That just dont add up in my book.

69gt4speed
11-23-2006, 08:57 PM
It's like this like it or not... Any job when u sign that paper saying they can investigate your background, they could reject you cause you got speeding tickets, dui, other infractions...

They might have 2 ppl one hasn't done nothing the other did a few bad things... Co. are now hiring background investigators to find out all the skeletons and given a choice who they gonna hire?

Speeding tickets might have nothing to do with being a forklift operator just they figure u are a irresponsible profile... profiling at its finest... They do it... I've seen a guy get fired later cause he didn't put down a minor infraction that had nothing to do with what he did at work... They got around to checking his app later after he was hired... I don't like it either, sh-t happens beyond ur control many times.. The system makes mistakes also... cause they are us or worse...

melhoneybee
11-24-2006, 04:04 AM
jay i still want to know about the hearing test

DragonUSMC
11-24-2006, 07:43 AM
^i just got the papers from the VA, so now i have to send in my medical jacket from the Marines...

Then they will test me and determine if I am a disabled vet or not.

Drifte
11-24-2006, 01:33 PM
well i ahve to say it pisses me off they call you a security risk.

DragonUSMC
11-25-2006, 08:10 PM
^eh... i actually just found out the Vail Police department is hiring =D I already know they dont find me a security risk.

Drifte
11-27-2006, 09:57 AM
sweet deal.

DustinsDuster
11-27-2006, 04:15 PM
now all you have to do is learn how to run!

DragonUSMC
11-27-2006, 07:44 PM
^i fukin hate your face...

I wont screw that up twice... thats for sure.

melhoneybee
11-27-2006, 10:10 PM
im rutin for ya... listen to yourself and not the pacer!

DustinsDuster
11-28-2006, 06:07 PM
how far in what amount of time did you have to run again?

im starting to realize ive lost all of my endurance, but i think within 2 weeks i could get back into 7 minute miles. might have to try that out...

biohazard
11-28-2006, 06:55 PM
7 minute mile, meh. Try a 10 minute 1.5 mile run. And that's slow compared to some of the other cadets here, some do the 1.5 in about 9 minutes or less.

Ashley
11-28-2006, 07:29 PM
1.5 miles in ten minutes is almost the same pace as a 7 minute mile.. it would equal out to like 6 1/2 minutes or so. just thought i'd point that out ;)

plus i think thats what jay needed to run anyway, a 10 min 1.5 mile.. or maybe i'm remembering wrong.

DustinsDuster
11-28-2006, 10:52 PM
i'll admit i never tried running a 1.5 mile, but i think you could condition yourself to it.

DragonUSMC
11-29-2006, 07:13 AM
no i used to run 7 miles every M W F... but i've been out of the Marines now for 2 years.

But running in a downpour and 20mph winds didnt help... yeah it was like 1.5 in 10 or somthing.

And i didnt do it by 3 seconds... it just was bad... I though i was fine but the rain really weighed me down and i didnt think it slowed me any, and i was wrong.

DustinsDuster
11-29-2006, 05:54 PM
is the rule the same out there as well?

DragonUSMC
11-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Its pretty standard with all police organizations.

warchild145
11-29-2006, 07:18 PM
its 1.5 mile in 12.5 minutes

so if you can avg an 8 minute mile you'll be good.