PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving from CR:U

ZacFields
11-20-2006, 12:12 AM
CR:U Members and Viewers,

I’d like to take this moment to wish you all a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving. Enjoy the time with your families because, remember, not everyone will be able to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with their families. Personally, my family lives in Mississippi and there’s nothing I’d love more than to be able to spend some time with them this week, but unfortunately I will not be able to (However, my parents do live in Ely and I will be able to visit them).

With the spirit of this week, and because CR:U can’t thank you all by herself, I’d like to extend thanks in the name of CR:U to some people:

Ashley: For dealing with my sleepless nights of stressing and working on the website for the last three years, and of course for helping me pay the CR:U bills.

Dustin and Trevor: Making you guys administrators of CR:U was the best idea I’ve had in all my years of running this site. You give CR:U a new dimension of respect that I could never bring here as hard as I could try. You both have earned a tremendous amount of respect from a high percentage of CR:U members due to your hard work and dedication.

Colton: Pretty much every piece of image design that has been placed on this website was a product of Colton Krumm. I couldn’t ever ask for more effort than I’ve received from him.

CR:U Mods: I can’t single you guys out because there are too many of you. I must have chose a good group of people because earlier this year when CR:U had hit a rough patch with slow server response and members dropping like flies, you are the ones that stepped up to the plate and told me you did not want to see CR:U go down the tubes because of this.

CR:U MEMBERS: I have had a lot of experience with building websites in my lifetime. The people that visit this site continue to impress me everyday with their resiliency! The site was getting 30 second page loads for 6 months, yet within 5 days of being moved over to a faster server, we gained almost 100% of our active membership back. This is truly a number that would amaze any business statistician. You are all the boat that keeps this website floating. Without you, there is no CR:U.

I hope you all can understand how unconditionally thankful I am to have such an amazing group of people working with me overall. CR:U has come such a long way since the beginning, we went from a tiny group of car enthusiasts with a vision, to a 1,300+ member community that has laid out the framework for many things that have happened. Hundreds of people in Cedar Rapids have been connected through CR:U. Friends have been made (and enemies too!), hundreds of thousands of hours of “down-time” have been filled, and most importantly: MANY good times have been had.

I hope that anyone who is reading this who hasn’t been posting much lately will really consider coming back and getting involved in discussions. CR:U needs that right now more than ever as we attempt to launch a massive come-back over the winter! This summer was not good to us, mainly because we have had an extremely slow-responding site, but the moderators and the members stepped up and voiced their complaints and said they wanted a fast and reliable CR:U back, so I am thankful for that.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Week everyone!

Zac Fields

DustinsDuster
11-22-2006, 02:09 PM
awwww, im blushing now!

i really appreciate it all Zac. thanks for letting me be such a big part of it....

melhoneybee
11-22-2006, 04:11 PM
thanks zac that awesome! Too bad you don't take the time for a personal shout out to all your mods... but I get it... we all love ya for what u have done with the site.. and the shit you have had to deal with in it!

ZacFields
11-22-2006, 11:40 PM
I wanted to go through everyone, but I knew if I did that I would end up leaving somebody out or forgetting something. Plus a couple of the mods are new/semi-new so it would be hard to really include them in any meaningful comments.

You guys all know what individual parts you have played in getting this site where it is today. You know all those events you coordinated back in the day (Mel) were always huge boosts and it's unfortunate that we aren't able to still crank out events every month like that...though one day we may try it again.

Thanks for showing your appreciation. That is the only payment I get other than from those who are amazing enough to purchase t-shirts and make donations. Running a site this big is not easy to do by yourself with little technical knowlege (I'm still learning everyday) so you can bet your ass I'm thankful for everything that everyone has done over the course of these three years.

And in case anyone was wondering, I plan to be running CR:U for the entire span of CR:U's existance. I have promoted a couple guys (Dustin and Trevor) who in the coming years will really help to take some of the load but as long as there is a CR:U, there will be a Zac Fields keeping it ticking. And also if you were wondering, CR:U will be around for a LONG time. I foresee CR:U outlasting my own life. Maybe I'll leave it to my son (future Zac Fields Jr.) in my will :)

Zac

JustinS
11-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hopefully you all eat like none other and then fall asleep on the couch watching football. At least that's my plan anyways.

Oh and a big thanks to Zac for entertaining me with CR:U when I am bored. See you bright and early next Monday in Bus. Calc.!

ZacFields
11-23-2006, 08:14 AM
AIN'T NOBODY FALLING ASLEEP WATCHING MY COWBOYS PLAY TODAY AT 3:15!!!! IT'S GOING TO BE A BLOOD BATH IN TAMPA BAY COLORS!!!!!! ahahahahah

Sorry...I'm excited. I work on Sundays and Mondays so this will be the first Dallas game I have been able to see all year and I am totally going all out!!!

Zac