PDA

View Full Version : New kb kit for Gt 500 say 810 rwhp

69gt4speed
11-16-2006, 12:03 AM
New kb kit for gt 500, 725 rwhp at 16# 93 oct., 810 at 19#. 650 tq at 2.5 k.

The second dyno graph is the same KB 2.8 Shelby kit vs. stock Shelby Eaton 122 with same 2 1/2 pulley, same timing, same A/F ratio..

black88gt
11-16-2006, 11:28 AM
wow thats it. just wow

69gt4speed
11-16-2006, 11:29 PM
This is what the kenne bell team says...

On November 9th Kenne Bell made history. Our new 2.8H("H" for 2.0 high pressure ratio) Big Bore Twin Screw kit recorded an incredible 810 hp and 745 ft/lbs(SAE corrected). Our Earl's Automotive test car was 100% stock except for cooler plugs, a Kenne Bell boost-a-pump and optional throttle body and inlet system. That's with a stock fuel system (lines, rails, pumps and injectors) through stock cats and exhaust. No headers, cams, nitrous etc., only the 2.8H kit. All with an ultra efficient, compact and lightweight 2L series Twin Screw. The supercharger itself is so efficient that bolting on the big discplacement 2.8H with the same size stock 3" pulley increased power by 125hp(606 vs 481) over the Eaton 122 (2.0L). Same pulley size - same tune. Only a kit change with 100% stock car. The kits HP range is 568 - 810. Preliminary tests indicate it can make 725 hp on pump gas at 16 psi. The new supercharger is so efficient that 1 psi of boost is 25 hp. Remember the "H" series requires less engine HP to drive, By upgrading pulleys(12-20 psi) and optional inlet components(throttle body and cool air kit) there's plenty of room to grow.
Preliminary testing indicates the Shelby makes 725HP on pump gas at only 16 psi and 810 hp at 19 psi.

Now considering it is a boat as mentioned it still should do ok from a roll on good tires and still pull down decent mileage on the hiway.... That imo is where it's at.. cruise around to this town or that one, kick some arse here or there, go home with a smile on your face... a/c on and cd playing... I've had a lot of fun myself doing this, meeting ppl...

69gt4speed
11-18-2006, 12:19 AM
This is big news ppl, real big news. Never before has a pd s/c for any street car put down this efficiency. No screwing with turbo stuff, starts at 25 deg below, idles great, your grandma could drive it.

You could put it on in your driveway, flash a tune, do a few checks and off you go. No turbo lag, you would think you have a huge big block engine when you mashed the pedal. I had a chevy guy arguing with me day before yesterday and I brought in the specs and graph... and he said damn today... Sure on stock tires it will smoke them till 4 gear, definitely you need real good tires for safety reasons and make some good ets.

That tq curve is more and as flat or flatter than most any big block that can idle at 750 rpm. Yes the z06 is still the sh-t overall with mods but fun factor and cost this may take the cake... I knew the heads were good, exhaust must be pretty good too... Through the cats and exhaust.

slow ride
11-18-2006, 05:43 AM
If it just wasn't sutch a pig. 3800+ lbs. is to much for a car built for fun I think. All that weight is hard on the drivetrain parts also. Ford needs to put the Mustang on a serious diet.

69gt4speed
11-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Yea I hear you. But looking around at the newest 8 cyl cars they all have became pigs except the vette. The srt-8's, the gto, and who knows about the camaro. Even the 4 and 6 cyl car weights are up there without exotic materials.
I myself would be a lot more happy rolling around on a < 3200# car like my 85gt was running my engine.
Anyway mustang or not this s/c is a big deal for other cars where you want something you bolt on and basically not have to mess with it, if it is as reliable or better than previous kb s/c.

slow ride
11-21-2006, 05:14 PM
I hear you. It's just over the years I have starting to like roadracing and auto x more than drag racing and weight is a big enemy. That's the reason I got my Z last spring. I'll still drag race, but my car is limited in what it can do with the IRS as you know.

Lots of fun cars out on the market though. It's a nice change from 10 years ago.

69gt4speed
11-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Nice change for sure compared to mid 70's a whole 180 hp.... I kept my 69 bought a beater too. At least in 96 we had some over 300hp stock cars, quite a few. I should say now a car pulls up, revs the mtr, never know wtf is going to happen... gt35r 4 cyl, s/c stang, n2o camaro.... I'm just going to the grocery store.... :supz: