PDA

View Full Version : DontFaceBookMe.com

ZacFields
11-15-2006, 11:58 AM
DontFaceBookMe.com .... no it doesn't go anywhere now. Actually I think it might point to a copy of brokencar.net that I was testing on our old VPS server.

But I am the owner of the domain name. It expires in 60 days and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth enough for me to renew it and try to sell it.

What do you guys think? If you wanted to make an anti-facebook site would this be the domain of choice? How many anti-facebook sites do you think are out there?

Zac

Stutz
11-15-2006, 04:40 PM
I like facebook.

Drifte
11-15-2006, 04:53 PM
its a funny idea. but compltely useless. if people were to visit this dontfacebookme site, what would they do when they got their?

DustinsDuster
11-15-2006, 06:21 PM
im on enough online forums/ personal web pages as is, i dont think i need another one....

Ricky
11-15-2006, 08:05 PM
its a funny idea. but compltely useless. if people were to visit this dontfacebookme site, what would they do when they got their?

they would not be on facebook duh

ZacFields
11-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Well I don't want to make an anti-facebook site. no way. The most I would ever do with that domain name would be to load a PHPBB forum on it and let people go wild.

No I'm considering renewing it and trying to sell it. I think a domain name like that would be worth realistically upwards of $500.

Zac

DragonUSMC
11-16-2006, 12:18 PM
One thing i've learned over the years is that...

1. People are STUPID
and
2. People do STUPID things.

Therefore one can conclude that

1. Stupid People will also buy STUPID things...

Hence making you a bajillionaire because you have a funny domain name. I say try and sell it... I know how much you pay for it so i say its worth the tiny bit of time and money it would take.