PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have IOWA Wireless...or better yet...

TurboMeTroy
11-15-2006, 09:31 AM
:mad: :mad: I have an outrageous phone bill sitting here. $359.85 - I pay extra to have free incoming calls, yet it's still taken from the bucket of minutes.
Everytime I spoke with THEM, it was taken from my minutes. And everytime I check my voicemail...yep. From the bucket.

Text messages have never worked, from day one. I called almost daily (each time losing valuable minutes) in search of the culprit, I'd say around 50 or 60 times over the course of the first 3 months. "trouble ticket" filed at least 10 times, nothing changes.

This place is a joke.
Worst service I've had, with any carrier.
Nothing ever fixed. No service inside most places.
Piss poor customer service - John Olsen - Coralville store. I mean PISS POOR.

I guess that's what happens when you try to save a buck or two, intially. You end up getting gang-raped months later.
---
I would advise everyone to NOT PURSUE business with Iowa Wireless.

I have learned the hard way...spend the extra intial $5 a month, and get a real provider.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Drifte
11-15-2006, 10:02 AM
wow that sucks. ive had uscelualar and its been great. my gf switched to verizon and wants me to come over their. anyone have anything bad to say about verizon?

Ashley
11-15-2006, 10:07 AM
zac and i have a shared plan on verizon, and its pretty excellent. we pay like $100 a month (after taxes & everything, for the both of us), and we get free IN minutes (we can call other verizon members & they can call us without using our minutes), plus an extra 500 minutes a month w/unlimited nights & weekends, i have unlimited text messaging, i think zac has 500 a month or so, plus its like a nationwide plan or w/e. and the service is pretty good. plus if your phone breaks (and it doesnt appear to be your fault) you just take it to them and they give you a new one. if its your fault, like you crack the screen or w/e.. it's like $60 for a new phone. not a bad deal.

the only bad thing i've ever had with verizon was when i lived with my grandma.. for the life of me, i could not get any signal inside her house. on the porch, in the yard.. plenty of signal. but for some odd reason, inside her house was like a dead spot.

so yeah. i<3 verizon. haha.

i used to have iowa wireless and it sucks ass. i never got any signal, my calls got dropped all the time. sooo. i switched to verizon. hooray!

Drifte
11-15-2006, 11:18 AM
i was going to get a shared planned. but it came out to be the exact same cost as if i were on my own plan...how gay is that.

im probably gonna end up with a damn razor like the rest of the world too. its free with plan on the web.

ZacFields
11-15-2006, 11:48 AM
I have the LG V-Phone with Verizon. Greatest phone ever.

Comes with keyboard, camera, MP3 Player, and obviously the internet :)

Zac

biohazard
11-15-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm pretty happy with U.S. Cellular. I guess I don't pay for my cell phone so I should be happy no matter what. I haven't had any problems with them.

Drifte
11-15-2006, 11:57 AM
zac what software did you end up buying to transfer music from your computer to phone.

logans dad
11-15-2006, 12:20 PM
All my family has Verizon and can talk without minutes going down to each other, Ive had them all and Verizon is the best we have had.

ZacFields
11-15-2006, 12:44 PM
zac what software did you end up buying to transfer music from your computer to phone.

To be honest with you I've never used the MP3 function of the phone. I opted not to buy that memory chip for an extra like $30 or whatever.

But a fun fact about my phone, it's the same cell phone Terrell Owens of the Dallas Cowboys uses :)

Zac

SaNdMaNsSi
11-15-2006, 01:45 PM
I've got the Verizon V phone as well....Best phone I've ever owned. I used to buy a new phone everytime they came out, probably a new phone every 2 months. I've had the V for almost a year now its so good. I also bought the 1 gig memory card for it, but have yet to use it. Something stupid about having mp3 on your phone when you can use your car cd/md player or listen to music on your laptop.

melhoneybee
11-15-2006, 02:40 PM
not to be the black sheep... but I've had I wireless since i was a freshman... every time i have had a problem with dropped calls or anything like that.. its been because my Phone itself was pretty shitty

I pay like 65 a month fro unlimited local (Iowa, minnisota, southern wisconsin, Illinois, and parts of nebraska) calls anytime of the day. 500 text messages.. and 500 long distance minutes for free

so I cant bitch..