PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 87 suzuki quadracer lt250r

Luminatorz34
11-05-2006, 03:37 PM
i have a 1987 suzuki quadracer lt250r. ive havd it for over a year, and im just tired of looking at it.i had plans on restoring it into a show bike but never got around to it. it is kinda banged up and been left for dead almost. i got it, when the previous owner, rebuilt the top end, and then loaned out to a friend, and his friend thought his was an oil injected model, and ran straight gas through it. she decided to burn up. i got it, had the cylinder bored out, and bought a new .20 over piston for it, and complete gasket set, as he made a case gasket with cork. i was putting motor together when i dropped the powervalve clip in the bottom end, and took the motor apart, and tried putting power valve back together, when the clip broke. so i found a new clip, which was a bit larger than the old one. started drilling the power valve actuator out,and the actuator broke. so i gave up. and thats how it is to this day. evetything is complete for this bike. just needs the power valve actuator, and to be put back together. i just dont wanna mess with it, as im saving for a bike this winter. you can get the actuator al day long on ebay, for anywhere from 20-80 bucks. then you would have one hell of a bike. just a lil beat up. being as i just want it gone, im asking $250 obo. i have that easily in the new piston kit, and complete gasket sets easily. lemme know thanks steve

if someone is really interested, i can put motor back together, as i know how it is buying something thats torn apart, and you have second thoughts on how it goes back together. but if someone wants me to do it, ill make the time to do it, to see that this thing leaves

Drifte
11-06-2006, 04:09 PM
oh that thing looks like a blast!!!

you would want more money if you put it back together wouldnt you?

you want to take pics of the piston and clutch and what not, im curious what it all looks like. and how big etc.

Luminatorz34
11-06-2006, 06:15 PM
i dont know if u remember how tall i am. but im 6'6 and i can comfortably fit on this bike. it is a few inches shorter than me, if stood on end. so its a large bike. and honestly, ill reassemble, just to see it go. i know if i re-assembled it, it should run. being as everything is ther. i could e riding the thing tomorrow if i wanted to put it together again, but it wont be at 100% because of the powervalve. so it might run at like 70% without it, and run richer than hell. all the top end pieces i have sitting for it are brand new, never been in it yet. but yeah, i can try to snag some pics of the motor tomorrow. its in about 30 pieces so bare with me. haha

Drifte
11-06-2006, 06:20 PM
whats the power valve? is this a 2 stroke thing?

Luminatorz34
11-06-2006, 06:26 PM
a powervalve is a exhaust valve on these. it opens up when at lower rpms to help "boost" the bottom end for more torque, but when romping on it, itll close and then you get tons of top end out of it. so yes this is a 2 stroke waterpumper(watercooled), notice the radiator in the front. and the pipe. which happens to be an after market bills pipe, and fmf silencer. look up quadracer on ebay, and youll see what these things can turn out to be. but if i remember correctly these things running in stock form would do over 85mph. but with the bills pipe, fmf, and the .20 over bore, hard telling what she'll do. ya interested in her colton? haha, might be a lil more saving involved for my amp, and maybe the wheeler huh? trades might be considered ;)

Drifte
11-06-2006, 07:53 PM
what have i got that you would want...besides maybe my girlfriend. which no, im keeping this one. I think these kinda quads are awesome, find something of mine you want, i want another fourwheeler!

whats a power valve cost? i mean its only one valve right?

Luminatorz34
11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
the valve is fine, it works still. but what broke was the piece in the bottom end. its a little cam connected to a gear that rides on the crank. there is the cam, and then a rod connects the cam on the bottom end, to the valve on the top end. so all it needs is like a 3 dolalr part. but i cant find that cam itself, but you can buy a whole powervalve setup out of a 87+ lt250r and then get that cam, and then youll have a bunch of other parts break, like springs or the valve itself. and i dunno what you have to trade. so yeah. lemme know whats going on here. haha

TurboMeTroy
11-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Your ass would sell the shoes you're wearing ! ;)

Luminatorz34
11-07-2006, 08:22 PM
you have no room to talk troy. i finally got the whole story on the JUNK 6 bolt u sold me. thanks for telling me it wasnt even built to turbo specs. and thans for telling me that kick ass engine builder didnt even pt the balance shafts in it, to where it didnt have oil pressure, and blew the pistons right out of it with less than 1k miles on it. so uness u want my quad stay the fuck outta my thread. thanks

TurboMeTroy
11-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Okay...for one, it was a joke.
And that motor ran fine, unless SOMEONE rebuilt it incorrectly. Someone who didn't know what they were doing.

Do some research on 'balance shaft eliminator kit', hence why it had none.

Turbo specs? what. You should stick with 350s.
this makes me want to build another 1G DSM AWD...

Luminatorz34
11-07-2006, 09:01 PM
yeah ok. Anyways. Colton, i will have pics sometime tomorrow of the motor,and the pieces. i will try a close up of this actutor cam that im talking about

Luminatorz34
11-08-2006, 08:20 AM
ok. got pics as asked. even put motor back together(loosely). left piston out, as you may want to take the top end back off to get to the powervalve cam.

Drifte
11-08-2006, 06:07 PM
hey i think i found the part on ebay! cheap too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/power-va ... enameZWDVW (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/power-valve-gear-lt250r-quadracer-lt-250r_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43972QQihZ009QQite mZ190049747709QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)

that looks like the part to me.

Luminatorz34
11-08-2006, 08:39 PM
damn dude. lucky find. thats the part this thing needs. u want the wheelr or what?? haha

Drifte
11-09-2006, 02:54 PM
my online banking is not working, yahoo has been down. damnit, i have no way of knowing the money status. I will have to actaully drive to CR to find out if i have money.

i will just keep trying to sell parts for now.

Drifte
11-09-2006, 06:02 PM
all i have are dsm parts, and a dsm with no engine in it but everything else. you could even have the engine (needs flywheel crank bolts re drilled) other than that its good.

any idea what all has been done to the engine etc. what port work if any, and compression ratio.

Luminatorz34
11-09-2006, 09:14 PM
cylinder is pretty much stck. hasnt been ported at all yet. only thing done to it, is a .20 over bore, because of the slight scratches and grooves put it from previous owner. i had it bored like a week after i got it, and its been sitting for about 10 months since, so it can use a slight hone to get a good cross hatch in it again. moisture buildup on it, will do a few things. its not junk, just a one and put the piston in her.no idea on compression ratio. you really don track compression ratios in the 2 strokes. u either have compression in these or you dont haha. but it is a wiseco .20 over piston that was matched to the cylinder. as in the shop bored it perfectly to this piston. any more questions, shoot me a message on aim. im always on there. im : hondaxr350 on there. later man

Luminatorz34
11-14-2006, 10:08 AM
to the top

Luminatorz34
11-24-2006, 06:38 PM
the wheela is gone