PDA

View Full Version : Zac uses his first sick day in 5 years of work...

ZacFields
11-03-2006, 01:50 PM
It's very true that lack of sleep affects your immune system.

First, let me clarify. I actually missed 3 days of work I believe in the 4.5 years I worked at Quik-Trip. However, I was only part time there so it was not paid sick time.

I am now working full time and in 6 months of working here at URrelay, I have yet to use one minute of sick time. Today, partially due to my lack of sleep for the last couple nights (due to working on the website) and the fact that I think I've been exposed to about 10 different kinds of sickness, I am feeling a little under the weather today.

Thankfully I work at a job that is great enough to compensate me for sick time, even allowing me to borrow up to a year in advance if I ever were to need it.

So here we have it, my first time ever being sick, missing work, and not having to feel too guilty about it (though I had to make the superviser on duty assure me that my absense would not affect production today...I'm just caring like that :) )

So I suppose I'll be doing a lot of laying around tonight. Maybe cleaning up the house :)

Zac

DustinsDuster
11-03-2006, 04:55 PM
yeah, ive never been too big on taking days off of work either. im not going to sit here and preach about myself, i get distracted and mess around sometimes at work like most do, but ive always been good at getting to work on time, and not taking days off.

about a year ago, my work gave me 7.5 paid vacation days, and 9 paid sick days. i just checked with my attendance lady, and she informed me i have 4.5 vacation and 8 sick days left. i probably would have more, but they dont let vacation days accumulate, and they dont like to pay people out for theyre vacation days, so i get pressured to take days off a lot.

i know how you feel about taking days off Zac. i hate worrying about how work is going to go without me being there.

melhoneybee
11-03-2006, 08:26 PM
I really use to care specially since it's the family buisness and all. But lately the drama at work takes away from the ability to care to much.