PDA

View Full Version : NEW SERVER READY 2 GO

ZacFields
11-02-2006, 01:01 AM
Say goodbye to slow page loads.

Last night I purchased a new server for CR:U. I'm sick of waiting for the upgraded version of our software to come out to move. So I ate the $200+ that I spent on the PHP5 server that we were going to move to, and committed to a new $500/yr server with PHP4 so we can move the site over immediately.

**EDIT NOV 2 at 2:35pm**
CR:U will undergo a little bit of a design change before we re-launch it on the new server. Please be patient. It may take a week or it may take a few weeks. We will keep you updated in this topic! Our deadline for launching with the new server is before Thanksgiving so anytime between now and then!

Hello CR We're comin' back!

Zac

Drifte
11-02-2006, 06:17 AM
sweet deal.

melhoneybee
11-02-2006, 06:51 AM
WE LOVE YOU ZAC!!!!!

ZacFields
11-02-2006, 01:31 PM
i'm uploading an old version of our database right now and then in a few moments I will be uploading our site files so that hopefully I can make a test run of the site.

Mods be on the lookout in the mod forum for updates. Once I get a test version of CR:U running on the new forum I will need you guys to get in there and make some posts and test functionality for me to make sure everything is working correctly.

We also might work together to redesign the site before we launch it live :) Again, keep an eye in the mod forum starting late tonight and all day tomorrow I should be able to update you.

Zac

93mazdarx7
11-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Speed is much better. Nice job!