PDA

View Full Version : any 351 tune tips?

black84RX-7
10-19-2006, 12:58 PM
So I usually but imports and tuners but now I have a 75 ford Torino with a 351 Cleveland and I want to turn it into a ¼ mile warrior I already got new suspension brakes plugs and electrical new exhaust and a holly 4 barrel Holley carb with a edelbrock torquer intake manifold but I need to know what ell will give me some quick pones. I am also ordering a nitrous kit from NX. So anyone got any good tips?

warchild145
10-19-2006, 01:12 PM
since you already have the exhaust and intake taken care of, a good set of heads and cam will really wake it up.

Not to knowledgable on fords but v-8's usually respond to the same mods regardless of make.

Fire Hawk
10-20-2006, 06:06 AM
since you already have the exhaust and intake taken care of, a good set of heads and cam will really wake it up.

Not to knowledgable on fords but v-8's usually respond to the same mods regardless of make.

Like he said, pretty much heads and a cam will do the trick. I see your wanting to go with n2o, depending on how much you want to spray and build the bottom end you may want to get a cam designed for n2o. Just make sure you try to get everything matched up otherwise if it's not then your not going to optimize the use of the stuff.

69gt4speed
10-21-2006, 11:59 PM
You said 1975 torino, well those are heavy cars so gears will do the best 4:10's, this a 4v I take it? I don't know but breaking into 12's will be a issue I believe cause the weight. Cast pistons well that limits the go juice to around 100. Most the time in the old days we would stick those in a light car gear it to 4.30's 4.56's port the exhaust, headers, put a decent cam/springs in it. Run the torquer its good for juice and that makes up some for the lack of torque. With a auto you need a hi stall 3k at least. I used to drive plenty of 72 73 351 cj's in stangs and torinos the factory auto even had a 11" converter 2500 stall 3.50 gear to get them moving. Spark advance most the time we started at 12 deg and raised in testing. With juice use the 2 deg retard per 50hp. so 10deg at 50 and 8 at 100.