PDA

View Full Version : why was no one out this year

black84RX-7
10-19-2006, 09:51 AM
It seems this last summer was noting compared to the few summers before when we hade hundreads of people out every night this year it seemes like if we get a dozen people out at once its a major accomplisment. where have you all been? lets get it going stong next year on the ave! WHOS WITH ME? :supz:

TbTalon94
10-19-2006, 12:16 PM
The scene has died down big time since Trent left. A lot of the guys that used to go out a few years back have either all grown up, don't have the interest anymore, don't have a car anymore, or they aren't here anymore. Last year I had a little gathering every weekend or so that turned out decent once in awhile...but nothing like it used to be. The scene has just really died down, and untill someone can step up and handle 100+ people then it's not going to happen again.

We have no "meeting" spot where 100+ people can come and reak havoc like they used to.

black84RX-7
10-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Well this upcoming summer I plan to make an effort to get old people back and introduce the new generation, my brother is just now getting into the scene he just got his license and his friends are into it to and have some decent cars.
5.0 mustang
5.6L something
A couple 3000GTs
Some 1st gen talons and eclipses
Ill get them out next summer and I will look for a new location.

Who’s with me?

69gt4speed
10-19-2006, 01:01 PM
I would do more but my work schedule is 2nd shift. I brought a few ppl here and we had some fun. Yea it died down, why exactly, lots of reasons. But I'm still game schedule permitting.

warchild145
10-19-2006, 01:21 PM
i wasnt out cause the car didnt get done in time, now that it is, its away for winter.

And do to work i miss the thursday events due to being out of state so i never usually know whats going on.

black84RX-7
10-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Cool wheel everyone can only do what they can I just miss the good old days on the strip when the cops would try to shut us down an we all ran. The best one was when the copper chopper showed up and they blocked one of the roads. But I think if everyone makes some sort of effort next summer we can get it up and going again.

TbTalon94
10-19-2006, 02:49 PM
well i'll be out next year...definatly. As usual.

Talon92Fox
10-21-2006, 06:53 PM
What we especially need in order to have a good gathering is people that dont do stupid shit, (burnouts, donuts, etc.) people that dont start drama, and people that will actually take part in building the scene back up and being smart about it and not inviting just anybody. That does sound like a good plan though, I'm definitly up for it.

DustinsDuster
10-22-2006, 01:35 AM
What we especially need in order to have a good gathering is people that dont do stupid sh*t, (burnouts, donuts, etc.) people that dont start drama, and people that will actually take part in building the scene back up and being smart about it and not inviting just anybody. That does sound like a good plan though, I'm definitly up for it.

what sucks is a lot of the people who do that shit seem to know you by name....

logans dad
10-22-2006, 02:52 AM
Just got mine back together so it will be out next summer.

SLVR7
10-22-2006, 11:33 AM
We used to come down to cr a lot, but it turned into a joke. You can only watch so many stock 15 sec. + cars race. If something descent starts happening we'll start coming back again.

logans dad
10-22-2006, 11:48 AM
some big races did go down but if your car isnt fast they dont want a lot of people there and I dont blame them.

Talon92Fox
10-22-2006, 08:02 PM
[quote="Talon92Fox";p="113042":d5ebf]What we especially need in order to have a good gathering is people that dont do stupid sh*t, (burnouts, donuts, etc.) people that dont start drama, and people that will actually take part in building the scene back up and being smart about it and not inviting just anybody. That does sound like a good plan though, I'm definitly up for it.

what sucks is a lot of the people who do that sh*t seem to know you by name....[/quote:d5ebf]
Yea, they do. Because lately I've been so desperate to find something to do cars-wise that I would hang out with them, I wouldnt call us friends, and I havent been one to do stupid shit for a looooong time.

DustinsDuster
10-23-2006, 07:28 AM
ive been bored enough to do some pretty stupid things in my life, but dont know if ive been bored enough to hang out with that guy...

DragonUSMC
10-23-2006, 10:43 AM
^yeah but your not exactly a peach to hang out with either dustin... =P

StreetSweeper
10-23-2006, 11:21 AM
The scene is still decent on some nights you just have to know when, and who to run with.. There is fast shit out there and we seem to com out late and we spread the word through telephone. I mean sory but we cant have the wallgreens crew and them 53 second cars followoing us around.. Stay tuned on streetpsi.net

Drifte
10-23-2006, 01:16 PM
haha the walgreens crew. i used to drive by them all the time when i worked at sears in CR.

DustinsDuster
10-24-2006, 12:43 AM
^yeah but your not exactly a peach to hang out with either dustin... =P

and this coming from The Over-Eccentirc, Super Captain Hardcore.

at least im not as obnoxious as that kid, and besides, my car is faster anyway, hehehehehe.

DragonUSMC
10-27-2006, 11:29 AM
if it wasnt for the fedora you would suck!!!

DustinsDuster
10-27-2006, 06:22 PM
if it wasnt for the fedora you would suck!!!

i dont know, what about my scarf and monkey tattoo?

melhoneybee
11-01-2006, 02:41 AM
eh we could handle ya without the scarf.. lol