PDA

View Full Version : why so slow

logans dad
10-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Every time I get on I have trouble with pages loading. Anyone else having problems?

warchild145
10-11-2006, 07:50 PM
ya takes awhile for my pages to load sometime aswell

melhoneybee
10-12-2006, 12:30 AM
yeah i have been having the same problems.. but i know Zac is on it... with the new software

ZEE
10-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Same here. Sometimes they don't load at all.

ZacFields
10-13-2006, 12:21 PM
This is the biggest reason for the slowing of posts on the site.

Sorry guys... IntegraMod is being really slow about releasing this new software. In fact...it's going to be a little bit longer now because they changed the name and now they have to go through and change every occurrance on every page of "IntegraMod 1.4.1" with "KisMod 1.0" so.... we're working on it and trying to get everything going.

Sorry for the delay guys, we'll have the site up and functioning soon. I've already gotten a quote on what it will cost to get the site moved over to the new server safely and securely. It ain't cheap, but I want the site to be moved as quickly as possible with no problems so I will be letting some technicians do it for me.

I could have done it myself but it would have taken substantially longer. So once this new software finally comes out we will be moving within a week. I will let you guys know when it happens and CR:U will be just as fast as any other site once it's done.

Zac

fbodyguy
10-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Zac, I'm running V-Bulletin out of my basement w/o problems even during peak user I haven't seen large BW draw down. Nice and easy to install and customer support is good (from what I hear). That is through MediaCom

black84RX-7
10-19-2006, 11:02 AM
yah whell ive noticed some lag to and the main thing is theas dead threads that wont opean at all but im shure they will have it working soon

Ashley
10-19-2006, 02:08 PM
ok you're 18.. please use a spell checker or something before you submit, its not hard to spell "well", "too", "these", "open", or even ''sure''.

warchild145
10-19-2006, 02:12 PM
HAHAHA owned

black84RX-7
10-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Sorry I type to fast sometimes and everyone has typos. I just don’t re read my posts. I will be sure to be more astute to my typing skills.

ow nd tank fr ntacing me baed spullng

Ashley
10-19-2006, 02:26 PM
you mean AWARE of your spelling mistakes? astute makes no sense in that sentence. try a thesaurus.

its not that you have ''some'' typos, its that your posts are hard to read because you can't take the 30 seconds to scan through and see what you messed up.

it doesnt matter, you can start paying attentino, or i'll start editing your posts to make them legible. whatever works.

ZacFields
10-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Zac, I'm running V-Bulletin out of my basement w/o problems even during peak user I haven't seen large BW draw down. Nice and easy to install and customer support is good (from what I hear). That is through MediaCom

Changing software is a slight possibility, but I'm confident that our software will be available for upgrade soon.

If I would have known it would be 6 months later with still no upgrade available I would have changed over to a different software a long time ago. Hopefully we'll have that upgrade within a month and I can get us moved over to our new and faster server. Once we've done that, all problems should be solved.

Zac

warchild145
10-19-2006, 03:56 PM
it doesnt matter, you can start paying attentino, or i'll start editing your posts to make them legible. whatever works.

hehe sorry Ash, i'm a jerk like that

Ashley
10-19-2006, 07:52 PM
i was just switchin it up with some spanish ;)

kidding, i have no clue how to speak spanish. just german. attentino could be spanish though? haha idk =) but still.. at least mine was a genuine typo. at least i didnt say something like ''and THEAS (these) posts you make are stupid".. haha.

logans dad
10-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Dont know what you did Zac but tonight its working pretty good, Now I better get back to bed. I get up in two hours for work.

ZacFields
10-19-2006, 11:12 PM
The server has its good days and its bad days. It really all depends on how the other 500 websites on this server are doing. I assume since winter is a slow time for the internet (isn't it weird how that works) that the site will function a little bit faster as the other sites on the server lose some visitors.

I can't say it enough but I am so excited to get the new server up and running. I'm telling you guys it is way faster and is only shared with 3 other sites. This means it will be much more consistant and fast.

Zac

DustinsDuster
10-21-2006, 05:19 PM
yeah, its becomming a little annoying how slow the site is, but im sure it'll get better. Zac hasnt let us down yet, i dont think hes about to start.

melhoneybee
10-21-2006, 05:58 PM
x2