PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Saleen Ford Focus

Ashley
10-10-2006, 04:45 PM
idk if anyone else has seen this car, but its for sale at Cassill Motors on 16th Ave. its not exactly something i would ever buy, but i drive past it every day and its started to grow on me. or something. idk? anyway, take a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Focus-SALEEN-2004-SALEEN-FOCUS-37_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31835QQihZ012QQitemZ 220035028559QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Ashley
10-11-2006, 01:46 PM
<-Zac (sorry but we can only get internet with one of our wireless cards and we have it plugged into her computer until the electrician comes on friday to install a cable jack so we can get our own internet)

If I were to ever buy another car to "pimp out" I would buy this one. First of all, anything you want done to the exterior is already done. In addition, Saleen made it... come on. It's a car that has been modded by true professionals with quality and sales value in mind. It is Nitrous-ready and pulls an estimated 225hp on the bottle, which is good for some respectable numbers at the track, especially out of a focus.

But overall, it's a realistically modded vehicle. It will turn heads, but not so much in the "ricer" sense. Even people who hate riced-out cars... you have to admit that it's actually a decent car.

Plus, looks like this auction is going to end around $10k...that's not bad at all. I know if you figure in purchase price and modifications, I have more than $10k in my car and it doesn't look near that good nor would it be anywhere near as fast.

Zac

Fire Hawk
10-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Their asking $16k for it, I doubt their let it go for less then that.

NewSpeedSteed
10-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Two words that come to mind when I think about the N2o Focus is "not bad."

Its a odd car; I hate the outlandish bodywork- the color could make small childern go blind- but I do like the hood scoop and exhaust; Saleen can keep the rest though.

Another thing that I don't like is the base price (orig.) $25,999 for a focus? WTF??? having test drove an '05 model at Dewy Ford where I bought my car I can say that it is alot of fun- it has upgraded suspention and brakes. I feel like it rides as good as the SVT Focus.

Power wise I ahve mixed feelings though; Saleen relies on the stock 2.3 liter engine that makes 152hp... but with the 75 shot of nitrous the number jump up for sure.

Nitrous off it is slow as hell; 0-60: 8.2 sec and a 1/4mi time of 16.1 @ 84.3 mph but with the juice on the numbers improve to 0-60 in 6.3 sec and covering the 1/4 mi in the low 14 second range (14.0-14.6 is what I heard).

The only cacth is the car comes "nitrous ready" but is delivered its not hooked up and once you do hook it up- which takes about an hour- Saleen says your engine warranty is void.

Overall the car is a blast to drive, but for a as tested price of $30,583 I'd rather buy something more than a common focus.

As for the one at castle mtrs. for 16 grand I'd give it a second thought if it didn't have the bodykit and the paint job that makes my eyes bleed.