PDA

View Full Version : Racing in Hannible Mo.

amoander
10-08-2006, 12:24 PM
No one has posted in while so i thought i would post a long one. Finally got the electrical problem fixed in the coupe, bad news is I had nothing to tune it with. Threw it on a dyno and made pretty good power with a a/f of 10.9 I can only adjust the fuel through the fuel pressure reg. but it was a little lean down low, so if i did lean it out with the fuel pressure re. it would go too lean down low. The dyno numbers are a secret. None the less raced a 03 cobra with ported eaton and usual full bolt ons. from a 45 roll to about 115 (he would always let off early). Got it by bout 4 cars, 2nd time he jumped and got it by two. What pissed me off was if i knew everyone was gonna run slicks, i would have brought them. Then reaced a fox with a 331, turbo (don't know dem.) around 12lbs of boost cage and all the goodies. My friends was driving and was killed out of the hole by about two cars and neither pulled on each other. Turboed car sounded awesome. Then a procharged 306 with slicks and all the full goodies wanted to run. But my friends was driving and didn't turn the bottle on. The other mustang actually pulled the freaken wheels on the street, but our coupe lost by around 2-3 cars. Not bad in my book.

69gt4speed
10-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Well at least you lined it up, I'm going to have to meet up with that 03 guy... I'm up to a lil travel.... You fox body guys have it made, light weight they can hook up good and pull the tires at 300 hp. I kick myself for selling my 85 gt could be the g/f's putter....

I hung out with zee and fbodyguy, there were all kinds of camaros and gm products... They asked about you btw.

69gt4speed
10-08-2006, 05:27 PM
The dyno numbers are a secret......

Yea don't want the f body posse to know it is 299 rwhp... 1 more and it will pull the wheels and the gig will be up.....

amoander
10-08-2006, 05:55 PM
That's right Rob he he he. You will get the cobra to hook one of these days, it might just take a little time. I have seen them hook like mad on the streets in St. Louis (ya they did have slickc though).

fbodyguy
10-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Evening guys, Adam you too j/k.
Good to here you got the electrical bugs out. Did you change out the MSD?

Rob I ran upon a set of BFG Drag Radials today for cheap but have no tims to put them on, that and they were 18's I only have the set on the car and I'm not hip to swapping out tires, so I'm looking for another set of Z06 rims to get them mounted on.

Took the car out to hawkeye downs today and put it through the stresses to shake out the last of the bugs, (2 big ones and I aint talking boobs either...), got the rear end differential vent tube on that I forgot after I spewed sh*t on the track and then I either got alot of oil pooling at the top or I lost power steering fluid.. won' tknow till next weekend when I decide to open the garage up again and work on it, I've about had it with the car for the year...

That was my day and now it's time to sleep...... sunburnt and I should sleep well :)

T

69gt4speed
10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Well at least you didn't crash the car or something.... Bad enough when ya got some yahoo mustang driver trying to go straight horror the thoughts of turns......

Tell the lil lady thanks for the complement btw on the car...

I'll hopefully have tires and the struts this week, we'll see how that hooks... some red car going to beat me up.....

amoander
10-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Got to love that feeling when you have busted your ass all day and got things done, take and shower and just gotten into bed. The problem wasn't the MSD, did lots of calling people and it most likly wasn't that. One of the wires that went to the battery cut off swtich whiched look solid, would barely lose it's connection, noticed it when that car was idling and i slammed the trunk. redid the connection and away it went.
I fell bad i haven't been into CR for a while fbodyguy. IT doesn't look like i will be up there anytime soon. I am pretty sure i burnt a plug in the old gt. Hopin rob will help me out with tools, cause i don't have crap up here. Gonna throw in NGK TR 5's gapped at 35. Should take car of the problem.

fbodyguy
10-10-2006, 05:27 AM
Adam I have room in the garage also if you need to work on it. Even though there is a fee for having a ford in the garage :D

Nice find on the connection, that would be a bi**h to find. People think I'm nuts when I solder all of my electrical eyelets butt connectors, and heat shrink my wiring....

69gt4speed
10-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Changing plugs on these things is easy 2v or 4v. They are on top of engine.. Headers is a different story... They have no pushrods so plug goes where a pushrod would go on a 2v. 4v is a modified pentroof design, plug in center.

Adam I'll see if I can pickup a extra wobble extension and plug socket for you, already have several rachets and a 1# can of never seize, let me know what time, I can be here or do it yourself. There are 4 threads only for plug in the head. Why I put on never seize on threads, small amount. I check mine a lot.. I might suggest tr55, that's between 5's and 6's, stock cobra, lightning plug.

amoander
10-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Sorry i ment Tr55, i just hope it is the spark plugs, It should be way faster to do than the 89. Just call me on what days you are working i would prefer you there because it is your place and all. I might also swap out to a 185 degree therm. After some dyno tuning when the car gets around 220 degrees it starts to pull some timing.

69gt4speed
10-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Picked up the tires, saw Brian Havlik there (55 chevy). Got the struts and new bushings, gotta get ready for meeting at work...

Looking at weather if it's is sh-t friday might work over 4 hrs and then do 4 hrs on sat sometime probably 11:00 till 15:00 which makes my sat 8. Sunday probably 15 to 23:00..

amoander
10-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Well, i won't be able to make it home next weekend,but if the weather is nice the slicks are going on the coupe and 175 jet is going in to race the turboed 331. I think we could get him with slicks and sum tuning and without the 175 jet, but we don't have the PMS. Once launched the 331 didn't pull, but pulled about 2 cars out of the whole. we will see what happens. I might try to make it down there. I'm not used to losing around home in the coupe.

Stutz
11-11-2006, 12:44 AM
I have been to hannible, Missouri a couple times. True story.