PDA

View Full Version : Mazda and Mazdaspeed

Zimmach
10-05-2006, 03:23 PM
I've noticed a few Rx-7 postings. But what about the new gen Mazdas. I drive a '05 Mazda 3s MTX. I just read the new article in Car and Driver about the new Mazdaspeed 3. Just wondered if anyone read it. My buddy, JaceOne, Drives a '05 Mazda 6 MTX with the 3L. He just now put the cool 06 tail lights on it, oh, wait, no I put the tail lights on for him. The new Mazdaspeed 6 is sweet too.
anyway let me know what car you got. I am still a sucker for the RX-7.

Zimmach
10-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Oh yeah, JaceOne why did you need to replace your tail lights, was it because you wanted to have cool black ones like me, or was it something else. Now your car is almost as cool as mine. lol

93mazdarx7
10-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Mazda produced a great car with the RX7. It had some issues but was a great sports car. Unfortunetly, they totally dropped the ball on the crap-ass RX8 and no longer seem to be interested in the competitive sports car market. The RX8 is a laughable joke.

JaceOne
10-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Oh yeah, JaceOne why did you need to replace your tail lights, was it because you wanted to have cool black ones like me, or was it something else. Now your car is almost as cool as mine. lol

We wont talk about the reason I replaced my tail lights, you big jerk. I have wanted to replace them with the sexy '06 lights since ummm...the '06 lights came out. It just so happens I found a more dire need to replace them a couple weeks ago. Let's just leave it at this:

Hay trailers and tail lights do not get along together.

So there you have it. But no matter the reason, the most important fact of the day is my car is more sexified now than it was a month ago.

Zimmach
10-05-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm going to have to agree with you almost 100% The Rx-7 was a great car through all the generations. I don't think they dropped the ball with the Rx-8 It's a beautiful car. It is more refined than the Rx7 with that you lose some of the raw sportscar feel. With the 6speed though it is a reasonably fast car. I however think it is way over priced. I guess it is what you want to pay for. It looks nice holds four people, and is a reasonably quick car. For the same money though you could buy a 350Z and kick everyone's a s s.

NewSpeedSteed
10-05-2006, 08:11 PM
I saw that article in Car and Driver there making a 263hp Mazda 3! I love the idea; it will be faster than a WRX (not STi) but being only FWD I'd rather have the Subbie.

I first saw a Mazdaspeed car two years ago when I was looking for a car I stumbled upon a Mazdaspeed Protgee. I liked it alot but at the time I couldn't afford it and the color was strange; spicey orange- it looked like vomit but it was a quick and fun car to testdrive anyway.

I even like those little Miatas- I like em for thier size and thier cheap price and when you go F/I they are even more fun to drive.
And yes I am aware of the chick-car image that the Miata carries but I don't care about that.

I have always had a love for FDs and I wish they were still around; I don't think the RX-8 comes close the the RX-7.

Ricky
10-05-2006, 11:37 PM
i heard the torque stear on those are just crazy. i dont really like the idea of shifting two times before 60mph, but if that is the only way they can make them fast then i guess what ever works

93mazdarx7
10-07-2006, 05:04 AM
I don't think they dropped the ball with the Rx-8 It's a beautiful car. It is more refined than the Rx7 with that you lose some of the raw sportscar feel. With the 6speed though it is a reasonably fast car. I however think it is way over priced. I guess it is what you want to pay for. It looks nice holds four people, and is a reasonably quick car. For the same money though you could buy a 350Z and kick everyone's a s s.

I don't even consider the RX8 to be a sports car. I mean come on, what other company makes a car with a pitiful 159 ft lbs torque and tries to label it a sports car? I think the car is nice looking, and while it may ride and drive OK, the RX8 will never be a 'fast' car and doesn't compete with the sports cars in it's price range.

I'd agree 100% on buying a 350z for the same price, no doubt.

It would be nice to see Mazda someday bring back the turbo-charged Rotary motor, but I don't see it happening.

Drifte
10-09-2006, 03:30 PM
s2000 in a close second for no torque, about 160.

brown7
10-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Supposedly the next gen RX-7 is being displayed at car shows as the "Kabura" sporting a miata engine. Word on the street says that this is most likely the next RX-7 and will sport either a supercharged renesis engine or a N/A version of the 20b formerly only available in Japan as a twin turbo. Either way, talk says 300+ HP, I'm hoping for the 20b though :)

s13kid
10-09-2006, 10:56 PM
that car looks like ass soup :drool:

brown7
10-10-2006, 12:03 AM
I think it looks like a G35 hit an RX-8

DragonUSMC
10-10-2006, 08:47 AM
^psh... yeah it does.