PDA

View Full Version : Galant VR4

4Banger
09-30-2006, 02:54 PM
I bought a 91 Galant VR4 that I've had my eyes on for the past 3 years. 998 / 2000. I'm going to be putting around in it the way I bought it through the winter before throwing on my upgraded parts.

Besides the head, guages, turbo, maf-t, Act flywheel, Indy Race Core radiator with slim fan, 2g tb elbow, and aromotive fpr, and apex-i turbo timer, and other goodies from the Talon, I will also be throwing on a few other parts aquired recently.

34"x12"x3" FMIC, VIPER alarm, blitz style BOV, Greddy Profec B, and some other miscellaneous goodies.

The car came with a jdm rebuilt motor with 6k on it, act 2600 clutch, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, along with some other minor mods.

I will be selling my 1991 Talon tsi awd in the spring. I'm not sure if it will have the rebuilt JDM motor that the galant currently has, if it will have the head from the galant jdm motor with the block that's out of a 90 tsi awd that has the external oil cooler with it, or if it will be the 90 block and built head that's currently in it. It will also either have a walbro 190 lph fuel pump or a walbro 255 lph. It will have a boost gauge with triple gauges in the center air vent, modified 1g smic, and more. The car has an aftermarket moon roof with 135K on the body and it's in great shape. It's sitting on 17" rims with good tires, body is great, white leather is in good shape. The car will also have an act 2600. Price is unknown because I do not know which motor I will use.

Drifte
10-01-2006, 12:00 PM
so your saying the talons for sale...

wheres the pics of the galant?!

4Banger
10-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Talon will for sure be forsale. I'm not sure how many of you know but my wife went into labor 3 1/2 months before she was due and our little girl has been hospitalized since her birth in July. We won't get to take her home for a couple weeks or so and she'll be on oxygen and monitors through the winter. Monitoring my daughter means I won't have time to tinker around and I won't have money since she's going to exceed 1 million in medical expenses.

Who knows what will actually happen though. If I get some nice bonus by the spring then it's possible I'll get a house and just use my 2.4L 6bolt crank and turn the talon into a stroker. It makes most sense to stroke the vr4 since it weighs more and could use a little more tq. That was my original thought when I saw the car.

rysbrnr
10-02-2006, 06:17 PM
4banger,...

deleted your double post.

Drifte
10-02-2006, 06:35 PM
yeah m&m is an expensive little girl. jeeze. lets see pics of the car sometime

Ashley
10-02-2006, 10:22 PM
and pics of maddie!! =)