PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices Dropping

Talon92Fox
09-15-2006, 02:01 PM
I heard a rumor this morning from my Mom that gas might drop down to as low as $1.50 per gallon? It's around 2.15 right now so I wouldnt be suprised. This is probably the best thing Bush has done yet. :roll: The drop is from all the oil they found in the Gulf of Mexico right?

Anybody else hear anything?

warchild145
09-15-2006, 03:33 PM
i heard it may get low by nov by not really gonna beleive till i see it, ofcourse i hope its true.

Stutz
09-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Its teh crazy bush admin dropping gas prices during an election year so u vote republican!!!!!!!! get gas while its cheap cause after awhile its going to back up.

*i base my opinion on nothing except my crazy thoughts*

Ashley
09-15-2006, 09:28 PM
yeah because bush has sooooooooooo much do to with the gas prices (insert gigantic rolling of eyes here)

it wouldnt be the fact that our natural gas supply is HUGE HUGE HUGE compared to what they were expecting for the upcoming winter, or the fact that the oil workers in nigeria released their strike earlier than planned, or that the BP oilfield in alaska doesnt have as many problems as they thought it did, so its producing more oil than they thought it would until it was fully functional..

yeah, DEFINITELY sounds like something bush is controlling.

Stutz
09-15-2006, 11:08 PM
yeah because bush has sooooooooooo much do to with the gas prices (insert gigantic rolling of eyes here)

it wouldnt be the fact that our natural gas supply is HUGE HUGE HUGE compared to what they were expecting for the upcoming winter, or the fact that the oil workers in nigeria released their strike earlier than planned, or that the BP oilfield in alaska doesnt have as many problems as they thought it did, so its producing more oil than they thought it would until it was fully functional..

yeah, DEFINITELY sounds like something bush is controlling.

finally someone agrees with me, blame bush! blame the damn oil rich countrys all i know is its not my fault and i love voicing my ignorant opinions!

Ashley
09-15-2006, 11:18 PM
i was actually not blaming bush? lol

RandomHero
09-15-2006, 11:27 PM
what happened was a bunch of rich people bought alot of oil stock so when the predicted hurricanes hit down sound that would make a killing. BUT.... the hurricanes never came so they are selling the oil for cheap and still making alot, BUT... the oil that they bought will run out eventually so no matter how low it gets ($2.00 by Thanksgiving) it will eventually rise back up.

ZacFields
09-15-2006, 11:49 PM
The oil price is based largely on speculation. Just like matt said, the speculation was that the Alaskan pipeline was going to cause a drought in oil production, and the hurricanes were coming and were going to wipe out all the oil rigs on the coast. So due to speculation, those gas prices had been sneaking themselves up all summer. This way if something were to cause a spike in prices (exe: hurricane) then the spike really wouldn't seem all that bad since gas was already up at almost $3.00 per gallon anyway, which as most of you recall, was right about where it was this time last year.

As it turns out, the hurricanes didnt' come, and I believe I heard the alaskan pipeline actually wasn't as bad as they thought.

And not to toot my own horn here, but when I discovered, and reported on my brokencar.net site that Walmart is seriously considering carrying E85 fuel, which would instantly provide some great competition to foreign oils (not to mention stimulate the american car company sales), was right about the same time gas prices started to sneak themselves down day by day.

I think it's a mixture of bad speculation, and the alternative/renewable fuels becoming dangerously close to causing trouble with foreign oil's pocketbooks.

Zac

logans dad
09-16-2006, 02:18 AM
You people have a lot to learn, Bush cant control gas prices. Your Democratic parents have it all wrong or where ever you got this info from.

And yes, I saw the light and Im republican now thank god.

I also work for ADM and they started on there 430 million dollar alcohol plant about 3 weeks ago, I think they know E85 will be the thing in the near future.

Hey Random, Want to compare pay checks?

RandomHero
09-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Hey Random, Want to compare pay checks?

are you serious, remember i actually WENT to college and have a degree.
but enough with your obscene comments, stop destroying threads.

Zac what i dont understand is we have tons of oil in Alaska but we trade our oil to China for cheaper labor. In turn we buy our oil from the middle east where everyone hates us. i say screw trading with China, bring the labor back here and give some hard working Americans their jobs back and use our HOME OIL source in Alaska.

ZacFields
09-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Not gunna argue with ya there Matt. I'd like to see jobs coming back to America as well.

If I were president, I would probably give special tax breaks to businesses who kept at least 90% of their job in the United States, thus making the concept of sending your employment out of the country obsolete and pointless.

There are extremely good advantages for businesses that send work overseas but for you and I, who are not owners of businesses but rather work for a living, it's hard for us to understand why our country would be allowing businesses to do that.

So you have a good point, and I agree with you. It's one of the very few things Bush and I don't see eye-to-eye about completely. That and stem cell research, abortions, etc. But for the most part I have supported most of his decisions, including the war and all that jazz.

Anyway. lol. Yeah. I'm not so conservative that I have to agree with everything Bush does. I still maintain that he is a great president, but I think America is going to go through at least 2 more presidents in order to be able to see that.

Zac

logans dad
09-16-2006, 11:21 AM
Zac, I agree with you on the fact that people just dont see Bush as a good president. If we dont straighten up the middle East our kids and grand kids will have to when they get older.

I do agree with you Random that we need to drill in Alaska.

I also think E85 will be big in the coming years.

NewSpeedSteed
09-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Lowest price Iv'e heard is $2.05 per gal. but I have been seeing $2.13-$2.17 for the most part.

I am glad to see prices this low, it gives the guys with the big suvs and trucks a break.

Plus Iv'e seen alot more fast cars recently alot of corvettes, old muscle cars, and even a lotus elise.

RandomHero
09-16-2006, 03:45 PM
E85 is awesome in my opinion, we started with enthenol where we use less oil and more corn oil. only problem with E85 is most 90% of cars around here cant run it. if there was some upgrade fuel system that became manditory to get and the other kinds of fuel were banned we would see tremendous price drop and not just for the time being like this is. (yes prices will drop but not forever, they will eventually raise again, mark my words) the price of E85 if it was the only fuel to fill up with would be a constant low price.

logans dad
09-16-2006, 04:03 PM
I actually think if a person changes all rubber gasket and had Injectors that wouldn't get eaten up any car could run E 85. Its the rubber and gaskets that keep older cars from running it.

biohazard
09-16-2006, 10:58 PM
I drove around Ames today and the lowest I saw was 2.03. It's been awhile since I've seen that price.