PDA

View Full Version : cy-hawk game!!!!

Ashley
09-12-2006, 11:45 PM
ok, prediction time. who's taking it this year - iowa or state?

im saying iowa.. 24-17. assuming they dont play like they did last saturday.

is anyone actually going to the game? i wish i was, except with the student price i wouldve gotten last year. regular priced tickets suuuck.

melhoneybee
09-13-2006, 02:29 AM
they announced today that Tate was going to be in... so i'm guess Iowa too.. I bet they win by 7..

Stutz
09-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Iowa all the way

RangerXLT
09-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Alright, well if anyone says Iowa State will win im going to slap you. Tate will be back, and Iowa is built around their team leader (Tate). When Tate is playing well, it opens up the running game which in turn wins football games. Therefor, Iowa is virtually impossible to beat coming from Iowa State's point of view. Also our defensive coordinator is the best of all time in my opinion and rarely allows second half points. To make a long story short, my prediction is 31-10 Iowa over Iowa State.

biohazard
09-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Go Hawks. Yeah I know, I go to ISU. I'm still a diehard UI fan.

DustinsDuster
09-13-2006, 05:39 PM
i find it hard to get get into any sports that much anymore. i can enjoy watching the games, but i cant follow the scores, stats, players, etc.

although, i do have to admit that i was VERY impressed with the Hawkeyes stopping Syracuse eight plays in a row ON THE GOAL LINE last week.

i might not have alliegiance to any team, but i'll root for the Hawks.

Ashley
09-13-2006, 08:48 PM
iowa sucked hardcore last week. lol.

yeah, they stopped 7 consecutive plays from within the 2 yard line. but still.. it was syracuse. they were 1-10 last year. and we had a hard time beating them? buhhh, we sucked.

melhoneybee
09-13-2006, 09:00 PM
i agree... but it was nice to see them step up in the 2nd OT

DustinsDuster
09-13-2006, 10:28 PM
iowa sucked hardcore last week. lol.

yeah, they stopped 7 consecutive plays from within the 2 yard line. but still.. it was syracuse. they were 1-10 last year. and we had a hard time beating them? buhhh, we sucked.

i dont know why they stuck with Manson at QB for son long. i mean, 4 interceptions in 2.5 quarters? come on. i dont think Syracuse turned over once the whole game.

JustinS
09-14-2006, 09:08 AM
The SYracuse game was a huge dissapointment for me and everyone else who was watching the game with me and all the other electronics associates at Sears. Yes, they did finally win it, but there were A LOT of screw ups through out the game.

I will be rooting for Iowa on Saturday as well, but I have to sit at home and watch the game. Is it bad that I root for Iowa when I'm transferring to ISU in January? lol.

Ashley
09-14-2006, 10:03 AM
calvin davis wont be playing the rest of the season. i just read he tore his achilles tendon and will be out for a full year. thats a crappy injury, too.. you have to get surgery and your whole leg is basically just useless until it heals. well, i guess it depends on whether its a small tear or it completely tore in half. but still. ouch.

biohazard
09-14-2006, 10:43 PM
j99, I'm at ISU and I'm rooting for the Hawks. It's my second year too.

JustinS
09-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Yea, I may be attending ISU but I'll always be a Hawk's fan at heart. But I still wont dare wear UI apparrel on campus, I don't have the balls to. lol.

Ashley
09-16-2006, 11:49 PM
i was sooo close.. =( i said 24-17, it was 27-17. either way.. woooooo hawkeyes!!!

melhoneybee
09-17-2006, 01:34 AM
i was excited to see the second half of the ga,e.. at first i was thinking.. .HELL NO... how could the Hawks not bring there game... but in the end... they pulled through!

DustinsDuster
09-17-2006, 02:57 PM
i actually watched most of the game(was working on a GTA at the same time). thats a new record for me, two whole games in two weeks.

good game though, during the first half i wasnt so sure theyd pull it off, but they got it no problem. fun to watch.

RangerXLT
09-19-2006, 03:23 PM
see, i told you so...unstoppable with tate at QB vs iowa state. Anyways, was I the only one who saw Iowa's RT (right tackle) Yanda lay the hell out of Iowa State's DE (defensive end) on that reverse? hahahaha that was the shiznit.

Ashley
09-19-2006, 10:30 PM
if you say shiznit again, i'm banning you.

<3 your sister

JustinS
09-19-2006, 10:54 PM
see, i told you so...unstoppable with tate at QB vs iowa state. Anyways, was I the only one who saw Iowa's RT (right tackle) Yanda lay the hell out of Iowa State's DE (defensive end) on that reverse? hahahaha that was the shiznit.
That was a hard ass hit. I fell asleep during the game because it wasn't all that exciting but I woke up 10 minutes before that happened, pretty glad I woke up to see it.

melhoneybee
09-19-2006, 11:32 PM
yeah i did see that... the dude got the wind knocked outta him