PDA

View Full Version : Hawkeye Downs the 10th, Road course

logans dad
09-06-2006, 12:51 PM
The 10th the downs is setting up a raod course and its 10 bucks to run it. Anything aloud with a motor. Prize money

HAWKEYE DOWNS TO HOST ROAD COURSE EVENT THIS SUNDAY

(Cedar Rapids, IA) 09/04/06—Hawkeye Downs Speedway will host its first ever “road course” event starting at noon this Sunday, September 10.

The event which is dubbed “Pauls Race of Champions,” will run on an approximately ¾ mile course designed by Paul Draper, president of the All-Iowa Agricultural Association. Draper isn’t saying which direction the vehicles will run in the interest of fair competition.

The course will use both the half-mile and quarter mile tracks and will offer drivers a fun opportunity to either run against the clock or each race against each other depending on the type of vehicle.

Everything from Go-Karts to Motorcycles, to Mini-Vans, to Corvettes, to Stock cars and anything in between can run in the event. No personal vehicles will be allowed for safety reasons.

The Pit Gate will open at 10am. Pit prices are just $10 for vehicles such as Mini-Vans, Stock Cars, etc. that will actually be racing. The purse will be based on the number of participants.

For the Corvette Club, Motorcyles, SCCA type cars, etc that will just be running against the clock the pit fee will be $5.

A Helmet and Safety Equipment is required to participate.

The Grandstand will open at 11am with admission prices as follows: Adults $5, Seniors and Students $5 and Children under 12 $1. Concessions will be available for fans and participants starting at noon.

Further questions about the race can be directed to the Hawkeye Downs Office by calling 319-365-8656 or via emailing: hawkeyedowns@yahoo.com

fbodyguy
09-06-2006, 05:12 PM
I will be there!

logans dad
09-06-2006, 05:20 PM
sounds good, I posted it for people because I think it will be fun.

If mine was ready I would try it.

Im going to try and make it but have commitment to watch Logan bowl in a scholarship bowling tournament in the morning out of town.

TurboZ28
09-06-2006, 05:31 PM
I want to go so bad but i dont get back to the states untill 2 oct.

DustinsDuster
09-06-2006, 11:20 PM
I will be there!

i think you should help me convince Apples to head out there. do you know if BBunting is heading out? taking the Vette?

JustinS
09-06-2006, 11:33 PM
I may show up, don't know if I'll run or not though.

fbodyguy
09-07-2006, 05:55 AM
Apples should go, he got the car built for taking corners. I don't think he'd be dissapointed with the results.
Brian? I don't know, haven't talked to him in a while so I don't know what his intentions are. But, I bet there may be a truck pull this weekend.

logans dad
09-07-2006, 04:01 PM
The Vette club knows of this so if BBunting is in that he might know.

I posted on street psi also and he gets on there time to time.

DustinsDuster
09-07-2006, 11:48 PM
well, it sounds like Apples isnt going to take his car out there. oh well, i think itd be cool to see some vettes get beat, hehehehe.

logans dad
09-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This is scheduled for 10/8 now.

DustinsDuster
09-15-2006, 04:45 PM
why the reschedule? i know Apples just ordered his front suspension with C5 vette brakes. i bet by then he could have that on his car too.

if he had his front suspension on, i might be able to convince him to go out there.

i'll talk to him about it.

fbodyguy
09-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Rained out