PDA

View Full Version : Getting pulled over in IC.

amoander
09-03-2006, 01:46 AM
Ok, was in CR last night and got to IC bout 2:00, 97cobra was complaining that he was hearing a rattling under his car. Take a quick look under the car can't see anything while sittin in Wal-mart parking lot. So my friend hops in 97cobra car and I follow to see what I can see. As we pull out driving slow I see the sway bar bouncing back and forth (broke the sway bar not biggie). So I try to pull up next to tell him what was going on doing 30 in a 35, this car comes flying up behind us (at least 60 or so with its head lights off). I quickly see it is a cop. He comes up behind me and follows me for about 2 blocks while I quickly finish telling 97cobra bout the sway bar and the cop. He dares me to purge the NOS, so I'm like sure it will be funny. I purge it not realizing that how cool it was and how high the bottle pressure was and a bout 10-12 foot stream of NOS comes out flowing back down over the car. By now the cops has tuned his head lights on but no other lights and followed up 2 more blocks. I pull behind 97 cobra the cop lights the cherries. He comes up kind of a stern and all and asked the typical questions. Were ya going and what ya doing and what was that cloud of smoke? I refuse to answer all the questions but give him my ID. So he informs me he will have to a full vehicle inspection for safety if I don't cooperate and called a code 87(every different police has different coding, I think it was for assistance), because two more deputies pull up. I know my car will pass them all, but the cop seemed cool and I was too lazy to sit there for half an hours turning on my head lights blinkers and ect. I tell him exactly what I was doing and that the cloud of smoke was nitrous. The other cops are behind my car. The officer talking to me looks at them and sais in a hyper tone, "Hey guys he's got nitrous" while waving them to come look. The cops come up asking where does it come from (in a curious manner). Looking at the car asking how fast does it go, how sweet it was, and if I raced. Which of course I only race at the track (wink) and don't speed? The cops were very very cool and very curious about the nitrous and how it worked. Of course I did not give them an education lesson but did inform them nitrous isn't flammable with an open flame and only combustible under pressure and high heat unable to be achieved by an accident. Despite what 99 percent of people think. Sorry so long thought it was funny. Thanks Tony and that 90 year old guy that drdives a blueish mustang i think it might be a cobra (J/K) for the fun night.

DustinsDuster
09-03-2006, 09:25 AM
see, now if you did that in Marion, there probably wouldve been 5 cops, and you probably wouldve gotten handcuffed and arrested for "not cooperating" or some bullshit like that.

thats cool though man, nice to see theres some decent cops out there....

fbodyguy
09-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Good meeting you Adam, word of advise.....
Don't purge the NOS when officer friendly is behind ya :Hangman:
I didn't realize last night that you had the NOS, I'd better listen better next time.

amoander
09-03-2006, 01:27 PM
I thought you knew, i went to my trunk like twice. Sorry, i honestly didn't mean try to decieve ya. It isn't illegal to have nitrous in Iowa. I didn't actually do anything illegal, but i am a firm advicate of practicing my personal rights. It might seem like i am being mean or rude. But once you learn the true role of police and your rights it's quite shocking. It was a fun night and hopefully we will meet up again. By the way those were both very clean cars. You can tell by how a car looks if people really car about them.

fbodyguy
09-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Wasn't paynig attention, no deception thought, it was fun and that was all I wanted to have.
Didn't know that about the NOS, someday I might have to keep that in mind :D

69gt4speed
09-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Yes it was a good time, I like the camaro guys and giving that young guy that drives the bluish mustang stuff. Ppl around town ask were you the one doing this or that? Naw not me it was that guy with other the other blue car... the out of towner guy, I was workin... Thanks to fbodyguy we were able to watch some stuff going on...

DustinsDuster
09-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Fbodyguy, your cars list looks kindof familiar, do i know you?

fbodyguy
09-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Fbodyguy, your cars list looks kindof familiar, do i know you?

No Dustin you don't know me and if you do I wouldn't admit to it :rolleyes:

ZEE
09-03-2006, 06:31 PM
You weren't being decieving. It wasn't hard to notice. Fbodyguy was busy admiring my car to notice your bottle.:)

fbodyguy
09-03-2006, 08:59 PM
You weren't being decieving. It wasn't hard to notice. Fbodyguy was busy admiring my car to notice your bottle.:)

I was I'll admit it I like the cars all cars, I like having fun too!!

69gt4speed
09-04-2006, 12:17 PM
That's a fast lt you have Fbodyguy, there is a 06 gto you might want to check out. A coworker named Al, dedicated gm guy, Adam knows him too. So Zee, fbodyguy pm him, he can come out to play.. :bigthumb: Adam if you are free later on...

DustinsDuster
09-04-2006, 01:47 PM
i cant believe you finally broke down and came on here....

i knew it would happen sooner or later though.