PDA

View Full Version : Camaro and Mustang Guys gettin along

69gt4speed
09-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Yea you heard that right, we actually can coexist. We all met up and had a good time. I burnt my tires down more than they were. So did the other guys.. Anyway thanks for the call Amoander, I had just woke up and then meeting up with the camaros was a good deal, haven't done that in a while.

fbodyguy
09-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Come on that never happens :D

It was fun hanging out with you guys.

ZEE
09-03-2006, 06:38 PM
It was good. I hope nobody saw us with them Mustangs. The world would come to an end.

Braz'in06
09-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Yea you heard that right, we actually can coexist. We all met up and had a good time. I burnt my tires down more than they were. So did the other guys.. Anyway thanks for the call Amoander, I had just woke up and then meeting up with the camaros was a good deal, haven't done that in a while.Say, Rob where does a (Baaaa!) LS2 from down under fit in ? Well at least the weather held out for you guys. CFR was a bust for John & I (everyone else). Didn't get to make 1 pass , got there about 23:00 , made to the lanes , then the drops showed up. Oh well , they did give a voucher to return another day. :toimonster:

Braz'in06
09-03-2006, 10:34 PM
What's with this site ? (CR kick you off .com) It took like 4 times to get that short reply posted. Later, Al

69gt4speed
09-04-2006, 12:06 PM
What's with this site ? (CR kick you off .com) It took like 4 times to get that short reply....

Well putting it delicately, it is a place us locals can plan some stuff, bitch if we want, talk about our neighbors and coworkers... Zac would like to get a better server service but he is probably wondering where the $ would come from.... kinda like wonderware ya wonder if its going to work...

On the other comment, where you wish to be, Zee and fbodyguy belong to a site they can pm you I'm sure with info. As for Adam, his friends and myself, I'll call you or pm Adam. I'm sure a few camaros want to see a new gto... I hear maybe tonight might be something going on...

69gt4speed
09-04-2006, 06:11 PM
I know a few of you might read this where we met up last sat.. night, I need to go in there get some stuff anyway. Or anywhere else that's suitable, 5 seasons etc. I need new tires pretty much gone. 10:30 to 11:00

fbodyguy
09-04-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm going to be in bed by that time, I'm getting old ;-) I'm tire shopping this week, need some good rubber to throw on a set of 16" rims, gonna have to check into a set of ET streets I can't use the road race tires on the street

69gt4speed
09-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Yea we will do something again.. I need some work too...

amoander
09-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Ya, it was fun. I think i have lucked out that last 3-4 times i have been in CR, good fun, and people. Got a question for you camaro guys. Kid in IC has a LT1, he doesn't know what all is done to it, but has 3 inch exhuast and K&N. Kid doesn't know alot bout cars, but the thing runs on the level of a LS1 with a LID, full exhaust and tune. I have raced my fair share of LS1 and LT1's. IT has to have head work or something in that ball park. Sounds like the cam is mostly stock. Just curious of what you think. I need to race him again (in front of people, he tends to skew racing stories so they favor him. I got to tinker with my car a bit. For some reason, the bottle heater connectors look like they are getting hot and turning the covering brown and melting them slightly. Don't know what the deal is. Probably just rewire the relay for the bottle heater to keep things safe.

69gt4speed
09-07-2006, 01:18 AM
The connectors might be loose or the crimp is loose, htr can draw a lot of current, 20 amps+. I'd check the connectors for tightness... replace them if any doubt. Butt splice them if you want to be sure.. Spade connectors are on the limit at 30 amps...

fbodyguy
09-07-2006, 06:07 AM
A hotcam kit will get you running with the LS-1 cars. I was running 13.4 with the LT-4 hotcam kit. With the headers I dropped down to 13.1 and was never able to get off the line, solid, because of because of street tires and 3:73 gears.

Do you have the bottle heater wired direct throught the switch?

amoander
09-07-2006, 05:19 PM
No, the bottle heater is completely seperate off everything.

69gt4speed
09-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Take it from me it's the connectors, I have new good ones in my portable connector box and a good crimper. Meet up, I'll fix it in like 60 sec. sizes to fit from 10 to 14 gauge wire....

Braz'in06
09-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Hey , you a mechanic or someth'in? Oh' I understand , I just noticed your signature & pics (Fix Or Repair Daily)!

Take it from me it's the connectors, I have new good ones in my portable connector box and a good crimper. Meet up, I'll fix it in like 60 sec. sizes to fit from 10 to 14 gauge wire....

Braz'in06
09-08-2006, 12:23 AM
I think I may have violated the harmony in this Post.
I'm just a FUK ^

Sorry, Rob - Adam

This CR under!!!!??? is starting to piss me off ! how many times do you have to login? What the!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley
09-08-2006, 07:54 AM
at the very bottom of the screen, click ''mycookies manager''. it will open a new page. click the link to delete the cookies from the forum. then, login again. make sure you check the box that says ''remember me'' or whatever it says, and have windows store your password if that option comes up. that should work, or else it has something to do with your computer.

fbodyguy
09-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Web site has been very slow for me to access weather I'm using laptop or at home, last night it took two to three times for a page to load.

69gt4speed
09-08-2006, 11:58 AM
I think I may have violated the harmony in this Post.
I'm just a FUK ^

Sorry, Rob - Adam

This CR under!!!!??? is starting to piss me off ! how many times do you have to login? What the!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down... we are a lil older Allen, did I not support your decision about the gto? Did I not talk to you about c.r.u... I realize I drive a stang, long before you ever thought about gm. Dad was a ford mech, he helped me, didn't give me sh-t for racing.. If I had to work on it so be it, I've thrown enough tools, heard enough bs already... Adams skill in shifting, with a lil 2v 260hp is impressive, he could show you timeslips that are right up there to yours without juice... If he drove my car he would be in the 10's already...In fact he can drive it if he wants, I'm curious what the gtech says... We can get along... :bigthumb:

69gt4speed
09-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Thank you Ashley....

Ya know in ur sig, that used to be a song I listened to back in the lp days, well I still have it just mp3 now...

amoander
09-08-2006, 02:35 PM
The bottle heater is fixed. It was the connectors, i was using the detachable type, but went to a one piece with more insulation and metal. Well thanks for the complement bout shifting. I don't know if i could get your cobra into the 10's. It takes time to get used to a car. Plus I think i should try to talk you into bigs and littles. If you like my shifting you should see Georges, You met him last sat. he taught me. We used to practice on a 87 5.0. Started off speeding shifting as fast as we could then went to power shifting. I have broken about 3 T-5's, 1 T-45, and I Tremec TKO, as well as 3 axles, 2 diff's, and 3 drive shafts power shifting. I can drop a 1-2 tenths off my times by doing it, but i end up dropping parts in the end. 97cobra was taught by me and George, he is pretty good as well, i am faster speed shifting, but he loves to powershift. George and i never powershift the coupe, it loses traction and kicks sideways pretty quick, and i don't power shift often in the GT (i would like it to live for 25K more miles)

Braz'in06
09-08-2006, 08:13 PM
I thought I sort of apologized? For the ford comment.
I'm pretty sure I never made any reference to anybodies shifting , but my own . And that still needs work, plus the GTO is feeling notchier all time , hopefully nothing screwed up already (shift fork(s), synchro's, or whatever that's suseptable to extreme pressure from forcing it to next gear. I plan to get an upgraded shifter, don't know if thats the answer though!
I doubt you started driving long before I was brain washed by my FATHER fresh out of the womb! Its got be MOPAR or No car!, he used to say . Also a street racer & Hot Rodder from the ole days, had alot GM stuff also.

Ashley
09-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Thank you Ashley....

Ya know in ur sig, that used to be a song I listened to back in the lp days, well I still have it just mp3 now...

not to totally hog the thread.. but i love pink floyd. =)

69gt4speed
09-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Saw the green camaro again last night along with the blu gt... Blu gt 1 win, 1 loss...vs that other car... tiebreaker someday... thought u camaro guys might want to know... I am not revealing the other identity but Zee u know who it was.... and it wasn't him btw...

No, Ashley speak up, you like the older or newer or just pick and choose... I've still got a old masters lp edition of dark side, several cd's and a cd remaster of meddle... few other lp's of them.

fbodyguy
09-09-2006, 07:17 PM
That was me Rob unless Zee showed up later, did I miss anything?

69gt4speed
09-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Yea ok, I get confused who is who, and who has what, when they are on here compared to live.... Green camaro, ls1, auto, all the other top secret stuff..... Zee...Lt1 camaro... top secret stuff...Killersti...wht sti....Honda killer....67chevelle....69gt4speed/sonic blue.... bikes...
Went over to that other place... tie score from a dig...gt vs the other car... Whoever got the best launch... We were coming out tonight but radar doesn't look good....along with the talon and a few others...

Ashley
09-09-2006, 09:58 PM
it really depends for me.. theres a lot of the older stuff i like, but a lot of the newer stuff too. i dont like much after ''the wall'' album... but from ''the dark side of the moon'' through ''the wall'' is generally where my favorite stuff is, those 4 albums in that time frame are the best, or at least i think so

ZEE
09-09-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm the red LS1.