PDA

View Full Version : Fall/Winter/Spring Plans?

Talon92Fox
08-27-2006, 07:12 PM
So since Summer is winding down whats everyones plans for their cars in the Fall/Winter/Spring?

I'm buying a '74 Chevelle in a couple days, taking the 400 SBC out, giving it to my Dad (He'll bore it to a 427 SBC and put it in his Vega) gradually build a free 327 and swap it in. My first muscle car. :supz:

DustinsDuster
08-27-2006, 11:09 PM
you dont just bore a 400 block to 427. you put in a stroker crank with a mild overbore( probably.030"). but honestly, if youre not going all out with the motor, id say just bore it .030" over, and keep it a 406. nothing wrong with that engine.

as far as winter plans, that all depends on how the rest of this year goes. im heading to the strip on Sept. 23rd. im going to have my NX kit on my car, so if the motor blows, i" be trying to build a new motor this winter.

id also like to get a bit more bodywork done, we'll see how that goes. something else id really like to do is clear as much wiring out of my engine bay as possible. without my heatercare under my dash, i have tons of room to mount all my wiring.

an interior would be nice too i guess....

melhoneybee
08-27-2006, 11:30 PM
i would love to get my interior done... if i get the rest of the smal engine shit done..

Ashley
08-27-2006, 11:39 PM
i'm getting new tires tuesday, i have a huge gash in the side of one of mine. woooo.

but thats about the extent of my plans. exciting, i know, but i'd rather have a house than a nice looking or faster car.

Drifte
08-28-2006, 01:50 PM
um...i see so much potential in my car, but just dont have the disposable cash to do much about it.

i may go to the track just because i live by it and im curious.

OneSlowCRX
08-28-2006, 01:55 PM
engine swap and body work

RangerXLT
08-28-2006, 02:10 PM
save my money for a nice car...i am starting to learn it's easier to have a nice car to start out with and work on than a decent / crappy car to work on. plus it makes it much more fun knowing your car is already nice.

93mazdarx7
08-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Winter.. how I shall miss thee :)

warchild145
08-28-2006, 04:49 PM
i just need a new windshield, master cyliner, and dash pad for mine to be all done finally.

but if i dont get that stuff done before the late fall early winter i will do disc brakes all the way around.

DragonUSMC
08-29-2006, 06:25 AM
I think i said this last year, but

New FMIC and piping, replace front oil pump cover, and get a new damn O2 housing, so i dont get that noisy exhaust leak at the Down Pipe! >=(

Drifte
08-29-2006, 08:48 AM
i didnt even realize your car was turbo jay. i remember now you saying that probably years ago now. had it clicked when i saw your car at the bbq i woulda been looking at it for a while.

TbTalon94
08-29-2006, 09:41 AM
I may be building a motor and swapping it in....while i'm driving my car every day lol...we will see what happens. Gotta save a lot though.

I may also part it out, make it stock, and buy a different car or make it a little more fun to drive.

Stro
08-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Ideally the only thing i plan on messing with is about a 2" drop on the civic.

DragonUSMC
08-29-2006, 10:12 AM
i didnt even realize your car was turbo jay. i remember now you saying that probably years ago now. had it clicked when i saw your car at the bbq i woulda been looking at it for a while.

heh yeah i'm running a stock SR20DET =) you cant tell its trubo because the recirc valve doesnt exactly make a loud *spoosh* when releasing pressure =D