PDA

View Full Version : I lost yet another clutch

Drifte
08-20-2006, 07:20 PM
what would you guys do with out me?! this place gets so boring between my stupid problems lol.

so...driving along cars been running great. then turn left try to go from 1st to 2nd: and nothing. clutch pedal has lost basically all resistance untill like 2"s from the floor. can't go in any gear.

everything is in great condition, master is leak free, slave is dry, soft line is clean. car shifted amazing untill this.

my assumtion is: clutch has fallen apart after maybe 15-20k of use. its a cmdf, BUT its a non-turbo transmission.

seems to me its time for a turbo flywheel, clutch, tranny and ...what starter plate? that everything?

TbTalon94
08-21-2006, 08:40 AM
Gonna need the turbo tranny mount and i think the turbo rear motor mount unless you want to do some serious grinding/cutting.

Drifte
08-21-2006, 10:10 AM
anyone have a turbo tranny? maybe i should start another thread

RandomHero
08-22-2006, 04:54 AM
sounds like what happened to my car when the clutch went out in mine. i was going to school and pushed the clutch in and it went all the way to the floor, prior to this there was no signs of wear ot slippage. it just....died.

Drifte
08-22-2006, 06:19 AM
A guy has a act 2600 kit with flywheel and tob he will sell me all of for $160. The kit has 10k on it, i think im gonna go for that instead of switching to a turbo trans just yet.

Drifte
08-25-2006, 01:40 PM
so the clutch appears brandnew that i pulled out, except one of the springs broke. just one, and it only broke off the end. while untorquing the clutch i noticed it disingaging... idk its kinda strange seems it wasnt heat treated like the good ol' ACT's.

i guess i could show picks here soon

Drifte
08-31-2006, 10:09 PM
To add to this MF'n excitement my clutch hasnt even been shipped out yet. im so pissed i cant even sleep. gaa..i dont even know what to do now.

..any local dealers with a after market non turbo clutch...

TbTalon94
09-01-2006, 07:57 AM
..any local dealers

what are those?? Never heard of them?

Drifte
09-01-2006, 03:46 PM
yeah i know....i have all the luck. I know exactly what i gotta do now. order one. and wait and wait.