PDA

View Full Version : Gave the Monster 2.0 a bath today

drfast4ward
08-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Almost There waiting on defective fuel pump to be replace and she will be on the road again.

http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03131.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03132.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03133.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03134.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03135.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03136.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03137.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03138.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03139.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03140.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03141.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03142.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03143.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03144.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03146.JPG
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/monster%202.0/DCP03147.JPG

TbTalon94
08-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Looks awesome Trent. You finally did things right this time :bigthumb:

Keep it nice and clean and you will get props. Specially when you lay down some numbers. Keep us informed.

-Trevor

OldSkoolRCR
08-17-2006, 07:46 PM
He bought the car that way, he did not do SHIT.... and a parachute on it...you gotta be kidding...bring that thing to the track, I got something for ya...come watch the 11sec turd domestic para-shoot right on by ya....If that thing makes 1 clean pass down the track I will be totaly amazed...but ya never know you bought it that way...maybee.

drfast4ward
08-17-2006, 07:57 PM
bought it this way, lol you gotta be kidding me others here have seen it thru its progession.. and 11 sec turd huh what car might that be?? i didnt know you owned a 11 sec car maybe with a throttle stop set at half throttle.. your starting to sound like those guys from pinks lol.. its all good but i rebuilt this car from scratch yeah i bought this car but in no way in this form...

Drifte
08-17-2006, 07:58 PM
i'd have to say prove it when you say he bought it that way. maybe it came with a relocated battery, seats, or wheels? We have all watched his progress with the build.

but anyway trent, its looking very awesome! idk if its been covered but what fuel management are you using?

drfast4ward
08-17-2006, 08:12 PM
aem running speed density (no Mass air sensor) i have over 2500.00 in just the fuel system not including the aem.. put the holset turbo on the shelf and went with a borg warner s366.
everything on this car is new or from my galant. the only thing left on this car from when i bought it is the aem even the sensors are new from aem. i relocated the battery and did everything else on this car. I got a base tune help from wickedsicc in iowa city.. since then the tune has all been changed...this car was bought as a hack job.. from some one that had more money than brains.. and had no clue on how to put a dsm together. I bought it broken for a hell of a deal. but I have so much time in this car, Making sure everything is done right this time. thanks for your compliments.

OldSkoolRCR
08-17-2006, 08:31 PM
"this car was bought as a hack job.. from some one that had more money than brains.. and had no clue on how to put a dsm together."

So who put it togather for you?...You will never see the actuall #s my car runs, that car is always run on a throttle stop, Untill you Jump on the $$$ race train then you will see first hand...You should atleast call Craig so he can see his motor run.

Stutz
08-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Thats a damn nice dsm! Good luck with it.

warchild145
08-17-2006, 08:40 PM
chute? lol maybe i'm just a hater but i dont see that thing going fast enough for a chute.

Granted it looks nice i just dont think its got what it takes.

drfast4ward
08-17-2006, 09:01 PM
this is just a fyi craigs motor is not in commission it had spun rod bearings when i he traded it to me and is still sitting on a engine stand. I am running a fresh rebuilt oringed block. and i dont mind people thinking i am slow. it dont bother me..and when i run the numbers.. you all can congradulate me.. or if i dont run the numbers tell me I aint got shit, its all good.. and oldskool a race between me and you just aint happening.. i think you would have a better chance running on pinks.. actually with your sand bagging ways i think you would fare pretty well....

OldSkoolRCR
08-17-2006, 09:14 PM
See the differance between you and I is I would go on pinks and risk it all, thats what a real street racer is...As a matter a fact it may come sooner than you think...Just keep watching pinks...might have a lil something going on there soon...Oh and spun bearings huh?...must have been the engine builder.

Ashley
08-17-2006, 09:55 PM
thats my car!!!

except my car doesnt quite look as nice on the outside. it has a couple problems on the outside. =( and the inside, too, i guess. haha.

except i like my back bumper better. and that it doesnt have the eagle emblem molded into the front. other than that.. same car. hooray.

TbTalon94
08-18-2006, 07:52 AM
Well i know you both have your problems (ed and trent) but i saw the car when he got it, and it was seriously a hunk of junk. The kid before hacked the crap out of it. Pretty much the only thing left from when he bought it was the AEM. Just letting you know.

Ed when are you goin on pinks!!?!?! I want to tape that shit!

TurboZ28
08-18-2006, 11:43 PM
:dupe: nice car man i would like to see it run. and thare is to much $hit talking in hear.

melhoneybee
08-19-2006, 01:21 AM
Looks good trent.. nicely done

Rollin on Dubs
08-20-2006, 05:22 PM
chute? lol maybe i'm just a hater but i dont see that thing going fast enough for a chute.

Granted it looks nice i just dont think its got what it takes.

I would suggest spending a little less on parts and buying an nhra Rule book. First off Your going to need more than a 4 point roll bar long before your going to need a parachue. And if you do take it to the track i would suggest removing the chute, since it doesent even meet nhra specs, since it isint even mounted to the chassis of the car. That long teather that is just hanging needs to be mounted to somwhere on the chassis (not the body). But this is the nicest looking one you have built. Congrats.

DustinsDuster
08-20-2006, 10:19 PM
yeah, i was gonna say something about the chute with 4 point rollbar, but Dubs beat me to it.

also, doesnt the battery need to be in a sealed box?

ED! you gotta let me go on with you if you go on Pinks! i think i could talk shit with you guys if i was put in the situation.....

StreetSweeper
08-20-2006, 10:20 PM
WOW... Trevor Drifte..

Look at you guys sit here and preach this car...

Look at that BOV what is that a Turbo XS.. Im sure thats going to hold boost.. Yea right.. Look at that front mount.. That looks like a SS autochrome.. HAHA. Looks like he cut the air bag out and put it on the back of the car. And all in one it made a spot for the lap top..

Good Luck.. I hope it dont blow after you get it started.

TbTalon94
08-21-2006, 08:37 AM
WOW... Trevor Drifte..

Look at you guys sit here and preach this car...

Look at that BOV what is that a Turbo XS.. Im sure thats going to hold boost.. Yea right.. Look at that front mount.. That looks like a SS autochrome.. HAHA. Looks like he cut the air bag out and put it on the back of the car. And all in one it made a spot for the lap top..

Good Luck.. I hope it dont blow after you get it started.

I'm not praising him or the car, i'm just saying he did a good job putting it together compared to other people and projects. I've already given him shit about both the BOV and Laptop placement. Ask him.

But im not going to sit here and say his car is a peice of shit or all of that works sucks because he has a Turbo XS bov or a Laptop where his airbag should be. Jesus.

Drifte
08-21-2006, 06:48 PM
I guess you didnt get the chance to see his old style. This is a HUGE upgrade! This is clean and appears to be quality work. no i dont think he needs a shute, thats money i would have put towards a bov or something.

cant argue with money limits, just have to wait till it comes in.

Scott
08-24-2006, 05:41 PM
who did that cage??? that is just rediculous, that has no real nhra value at all to it, and then you put a chute on it??? wtf seriously I have to wonder what your thinking sometimes, definetly looks like something a ricer would do, once a ricer always a ricer I guess. but if it does run, you know either me or my brother are down for a rematch anytime, I just dont know if its gonna be a free show this time around..good luck

sLoWnStEaDy
08-24-2006, 09:41 PM
trent: the chute??!!??

everyone else: I must have missed the part about him building the car to NHRA specs. A roll cage is a good thing to have in any car. personally if they werent so ugly i would have one in all my cars just so for the safety factor. If i planned on going really fast on public roadways (not saying he does or anyone for that matter) i would want all the safety i could get because its a dangerous thing to do. Trent doesnt need my pitty but i feel bad that no matter what the guy says theres always a hand full of people who jus feel the need to bash the shit out of anything and everythign he does!
Granted the chute is a lil much, but for fuck sake its his car. stuff like this is the reason i dont post much ne more, it isnt about just sharing your work and what stuff that you are proud of, everything is a competition and every post is just one more chance for people talk shit about other peoples work, jus because they would have done this or that differently. You'all seen my neon, i spent a lot of time and money on that, nothing much engine wise, just a few bolt ons, (all show no go) and trent is getting TONS more shit for this car than i did for mine (im glad i didnt get shit, but C'mon...)

Anyways, Nice car (personally dont like the chute)

drfast4ward
08-24-2006, 11:18 PM
I dont have A irha or nhra rule book But I was told for 150mph in the 1/4 a chute is needed , also I dont have the side bars on YET, I have them they are mocked up I also have the halo but this is more than i wanna do I also read that chassis certification isnt until you go faster than 9 sec. I dont know I could be wrong again i dont have the book of rules. This car is a whole other beast than what I have built in the past and I am trying to do it right in every way. If some of you guys dont like it thats fine constructive critism is fine, this bashing shit is forthe birds.. I yes I did all the work on this car from the ground up, Yes I had helping hands (the guys who wont let me take shortcuts) I have tons of man hours in this car trying to make sure I havent missed anything and making sure its done right the first time on this car. Its set up to make some serious power, I am sure something is going to break ( hope for the best expect the worse) Its a Dsm making high hp things break, look at all the guys from the dsm shootout, they didnt get there over night and they tested tried and trued their setups breaking numerous times, more than they wanna count more than they wannna mention but any of you guys in the racing scene that hasnt seen a car that looking like it was built by god himself break , Lets just say everybody that races will break something its only a matter of time.. This is the best I Have and I make due, what else can a person do. but attempt to make something work, I will never be the fastest car on the street thats not a title I am looking for i just want to be respected for what I do.... I have made mistakes in the past most at my expense... And for any of you that think you were wronged by me, I sincerely Appologize. its been at least a year probably more... time to move on . I am sure you all have made mistakes and are sorry for them. I doubt your getting beat up every post you make.. again I am sorry to all of you on this site that has endeared thru all the post and had to listen to all the bitching and complaining and explinations..

This car is my Baby and I am hoping for the best, whats it gonna be i have no idea, Its going to be being able to get the power to the ground and keeping it safe enough not to go up in flames..

DustinsDuster
08-25-2006, 12:16 AM
trent: the chute??!!??

everyone else: I must have missed the part about him building the car to NHRA specs. A roll cage is a good thing to have in any car. personally if they werent so ugly i would have one in all my cars just so for the safety factor. If i planned on going really fast on public roadways (not saying he does or anyone for that matter) i would want all the safety i could get because its a dangerous thing to do. Trent doesnt need my pitty but i feel bad that no matter what the guy says theres always a hand full of people who jus feel the need to bash the sh*t out of anything and everythign he does!
Granted the chute is a lil much, but for f*ck sake its his car. stuff like this is the reason i dont post much ne more, it isnt about just sharing your work and what stuff that you are proud of, everything is a competition and every post is just one more chance for people talk sh*t about other peoples work, jus because they would have done this or that differently. You'all seen my neon, i spent a lot of time and money on that, nothing much engine wise, just a few bolt ons, (all show no go) and trent is getting TONS more sh*t for this car than i did for mine (im glad i didnt get sh*t, but C'mon...)

Anyways, Nice car (personally dont like the chute)

as shitty as it is, i dont think its as much what hes saying/doing now as much as its what hes said/done in the past.

i'll agree that its not the most fair standards, and will admit im not exactly innocent of the mindset, but im trying to be better. the car looks nice, im sure it'll be faster than mine. other than that, i dont have near the knowledge or expirience to tell him how his DSM shouldve been done.

Rollin on Dubs
08-25-2006, 05:32 AM
I dont have A irha or nhra rule book But I was told for 150mph in the 1/4 a chute is needed , also I dont have the side bars on YET, I have them they are mocked up I also have the halo but this is more than i wanna do I also read that chassis certification isnt until you go faster than 9 sec. I dont know I could be wrong again i dont have the book of rules. This car is a whole other beast than what I have built in the past and I am trying to do it right in every way. If some of you guys dont like it thats fine constructive critism is fine, this bashing sh*t is forthe birds.. I yes I did all the work on this car from the ground up, Yes I had helping hands (the guys who wont let me take shortcuts) I have tons of man hours in this car trying to make sure I havent missed anything and making sure its done right the first time on this car. Its set up to make some serious power, I am sure something is going to break ( hope for the best expect the worse) Its a Dsm making high hp things break, look at all the guys from the dsm shootout, they didnt get there over night and they tested tried and trued their setups breaking numerous times, more than they wanna count more than they wannna mention but any of you guys in the racing scene that hasnt seen a car that looking like it was built by god himself break , Lets just say everybody that races will break something its only a matter of time.. This is the best I Have and I make due, what else can a person do. but attempt to make something work, I will never be the fastest car on the street thats not a title I am looking for i just want to be respected for what I do.... I have made mistakes in the past most at my expense... And for any of you that think you were wronged by me, I sincerely Appologize. its been at least a year probably more... time to move on . I am sure you all have made mistakes and are sorry for them. I doubt your getting beat up every post you make.. again I am sorry to all of you on this site that has endeared thru all the post and had to listen to all the bitching and complaining and explinations..

This car is my Baby and I am hoping for the best, whats it gonna be i have no idea, Its going to be being able to get the power to the ground and keeping it safe enough not to go up in flames..

Like i said before, it looks like the best engineered one you have had yet. But a few suggstions

1 9.99 and faster requires a 10pt roll cage so if you plan on throwing down some serious #s then get out the welder.
2 if you plan on running 150 mph (WOW) you will also need a funny car style cage. and like i said before mount your chute to a chassis crossmember, Your bracket can stay where it is but the chute teather needs to be secured to the chassis.

some other things to look at are
1 Driveshaft loop (arent dsm's 2 peice) so if you are still running the carrier Then you would need 2 loops
2 as dustin pointed out the battery box needs to be sealed box if its mounted in the drivers compartment
3 Im not up to speed on what stick cars require for cert, but more than likely your going to need a scatter sheild (bullet proof Bellhousing) and a trans sheild.

just a few things i could come up with.

OldSkoolRCR
08-25-2006, 05:41 AM
First off the car is NO BEAST, 2: it will NEVER see 9s, 3: you will never get respect anymore, 4: Never see 135 mph and your yaking 150. 5: Not only will yoou never be the fastest you wont even be in the top 20...BRING your junk Trent I am waiting...and last dont use muffler pipe for cage material...

drfast4ward
08-25-2006, 10:32 AM
First off the car is NO BEAST, 2: it will NEVER see 9s, 3: you will never get respect anymore, 4: Never see 135 mph and your yaking 150. 5: Not only will yoou never be the fastest you wont even be in the top 20...BRING your junk Trent I am waiting...and last dont use muffler pipe for cage material...

Has any body saw that elimidate comercial, where the other girls are talking about the other girls slutty appearance, because of her boobs.. And then the girl comes back and says Jealous jealous jealous... thats what this reminds me of.. is it just me or does it sound like that to anyone else...

and ED
1: for a four cylinder car its a beast by most peoples standards.
2: never see 9s huh we will just have to see.
3:I have already got respect from the people that count (which is not you)
4: if it runs the times it is supposed to with this setup 135 mph will not be hard to do.
5: Top 20 lol are you talking about imports, domestics, in that little rinky dink town cedar rapids.. I would bet that i am at least in the top 20 that race on the 1/4 mile that are street cars running on dot approved tires.
6: I am not using muffler pipe for the cage, That would be totallly assnine..
7: You will be waiting along time, cause i will never give you that race, I dont think you would take the outcome very well. Shit it already sounds like you wanna beat me up lol.
8: dont be a hater just cause your not in the top 20. did you even make it into the 10s last sunday, without nitrous what are you using like a 400 shot to get your way into the 9s.
9: I have nothing to prove to you ED...
10: I dont have anything to prove to you ED!!!!!!

Oh yeah I think you forgot to post these pics
http://www.revhardauto.com/images/Drag%20City%2012%20-%20August%2020,%202006%20048.jpg

http://www.revhardauto.com/images/Drag%20City%2012%20-%20August%2020,%202006%20049.jpg

I am sure you were just pedaling down the track...

I would like to congradulate Goerge For edging his way into the 11s good job.. keep up the good work I have those pics too.. :)

OldSkoolRCR
08-25-2006, 10:55 AM
[quote="OldSkoolRCR";p="110505":c39b4]

Has any body saw that elimidate comercial, where the other girls are talking about the other girls slutty appearance, because of her boobs.. And then the girl comes back and says Jealous jealous jealous... thats what this reminds me of.. is it just me or does it sound like that to anyone else...

and ED
1: for a four cylinder car its a beast by most peoples standards.
2: never see 9s huh we will just have to see.
3:I have already got respect from the people that count (which is not you)
4: if it runs the times it is supposed to with this setup 135 mph will not be hard to do.
5: Top 20 lol are you talking about imports, domestics, in that little rinky dink town cedar rapids.. I would bet that i am at least in the top 20 that race on the 1/4 mile that are street cars running on dot approved tires.
6: I am not using muffler pipe for the cage, That would be totallly assnine..
7: You will be waiting along time, cause i will never give you that race, I dont think you would take the outcome very well. sh*t it already sounds like you wanna beat me up lol.
8: dont be a hater just cause your not in the top 20. did you even make it into the 10s last sunday, without nitrous what are you using like a 400 shot to get your way into the 9s.
9: I have nothing to prove to you ED...
10: I dont have anything to prove to you ED!!!!!![/quote:c39b4]

To start with you fagit fuck!!!! My car ran well into the 10s on motor, with DOT tires and Exhust, You know the 30 yr old car with old technology (carb) no FI. Also I am not allowed to run 9s at Tristate I have no license (NHRA )and was told I would be kick out once again, after just being let back in for running 8.50s on my all motor busa with no license..And as far as N2O for your info "Mr I can not build a motor on spray that dont go BOOOOOM"...There was a 100 jet in my spray system...and I only shot it once, Lifting at the 300' from the finish I ran well past your 135mph perdiction...So if you feel you got something on me and I would not like the out come I got $5000.00 cash I will race you head up and day of the week, you run all your goodies and I will run what I bring. And as far as kicking you fagit ass, that is the only true statement you made...I will see you some day I promise...So come on back now bitch.

OldSkoolRCR
08-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Look at the MPH and you tell me if I was pedeling...1st pass of the trailer...since your so confident lets do the race...easy $5000 for you...You once again dont have a clue...you photographer must have left early...Thats like saying that the wagons first few passes of 10 teens and high 9s were the fastest they went also but at the end of the day the #s came out, explain to me how if I ran 11.09 @ 121mph...I returned and ran 10.19 @ 122mph lifting so I would not run in the 9s and get booted out...there Mr. Einstien...I got balls BIG ONEs bring your car and your money and your mouth and we will settle this and post the video...All you ever say is no race with me...You must be a real insucure fuck worrying about photos and ets. you of all people know me better than that.I have better things to do in my life than worry about when Trent and the Fag crue goes to the track, so I can race up and take photos...But if I do here your at a track I will show up, and not to watch your junk run trust me...Ed

drfast4ward
08-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Blah blah blah Are you saying something? Cause it sounds like alot of bullshit.. you say this and you say that..Grow the F@$%#^@ck Up.... beat me down Give me a break what are we in juniour High. I dont think so, You keep up with the threats some one is going to end up in jail.. I have kids and a partner that need me at home, So I guess I will be the man About it and just stay away from you. No balls Yeah thats me.. no its call maturity. and a life that consist more than just racing for money like putting groceries on my table so my family can eat.. or paying for there school supplies, or football uniforms or chearleader outfit.. My family will always come first...

TbTalon94
08-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Moved it here for obvious reasons..

FLAME ON! :Hangman:

OldSkoolRCR
08-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Blah blah blah Are you saying something? Cause it sounds like alot of bull$hit.. you say this and you say that..Grow the F@$%#^@ck Up.... beat me down Give me a break what are we in juniour High. I dont think so, You keep up with the threats some one is going to end up in jail.. I have kids and a partner that need me at home, So I guess I will be the man About it and just stay away from you. No balls Yeah thats me.. no its call maturity. and a life that consist more than just racing for money like putting groceries on my table so my family can eat.. or paying for there school supplies, or football uniforms or chearleader outfit.. My family will always come first...

Bla,Bla,Bla...You fuck enough people over at the chop shop to well pay those bills, I feel for your kids when they get older and into cars and find out how many people you have fucked over...Kiss my ass Trent...

OldSkoolRCR
08-25-2006, 02:48 PM
This is just to show all the members how much of a actuall Moron/Retard Trent is...lets see 11.09et @ 121.50mph from the photo... and 10.20et @ 125mph on the slip...hum since when is 3.5 mph good for 9 tenths someone must have been lifting big time huh dork....Oh and look @ the 60' 1.59 please I can run 60' in that time...Please those passes were just easy ones....Bring you Balls and your family and your cash and you will see it run BALLS out w/ exhust and DOT tires. Oh and the cheerleading outfit must be for you huh...And since you dont know shit 109 1/8 mph...usually add 28-32 mph for the big end charge...do the math....Ya see dum fuck I have nothing to hide, I just never put all my cards on the table, till the time is right

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/OldskoolRcr/EDSTIMEPAPER.jpg

drfast4ward
08-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Ed I really wish you werent like this cause you are a pretty cool automotive enthusiast, always looking to squeeze a little more out of what you have. I am simply playing along in this game of yours but you have seem to take it to a personal level beyond what it ever should of gone.. this kinda all got out of hand when one of matts friends started heckling goerge, which i swear to you I had nothing to do with. on a serious note, that heavy car of yours does run pretty good..Im Curious to how come if your car is fast enough to for you to be able to get lisenced why dont you? Is it tough to do? I am asking cause I have no idea.

OldSkoolRCR
08-25-2006, 06:17 PM
"Run pretty good" You have not seen run pretty good yet, like I said I know what my junk will run balls out, and as Allgo would put it "you have no clue"...But someday we will meet up and you will see first hand, when you look over and I am staged right next to you, but I promise that will be the only time you will see me next to you, from there on the little Nova emblem on the trunk will be fading AWAY real quick...As far as my NHRA license, I can not apply till after Sept 26th. NHRA has banned me from all competition...