PDA

View Full Version : New member 04 GTO

QKSilverGoat
08-13-2006, 10:10 PM
I know not everyone likes em, but shes my baby... hope you guys enjoy...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/GoatKart/DSC02237.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/GoatKart/DSC02235.jpg

took the pictures in arizona, but i live in iowa city now...

thanks for looking

:bigthumb:

Stutz
08-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Looks sharp! anything done to it?

Deathinnovember
08-14-2006, 07:21 AM
holy crapperz I live in iowa city and have an ls1 too!

We should meet up sometime man. i love GTO's. The interiors are inredible. They far surpass my fbody thats for sure haha.

i have a 99 ws6 by the way. Give me a PM bro. I need to go out of the house.

JustinS
08-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Nice car man.

QKSilverGoat
08-15-2006, 02:10 PM
thanks for the kind compliments everyone, like i said, i know its not the car for everyone, and trust me, ive heard about every reason in the moon why too.....

shes mostly stock at the momment, just the K&N CAI kit, still under warranty and not just ready to void it yet....

future plans look to be in the realm of the 122 maggie, long tubes, blower cam, and some monster heads..... but thats still a ways off...

and as of yet, i havent figured out how im going to put some bigger meat on the rear of this car...... smoke shows impress the kids, but make for shitty time slips at the track :rolleyes:

TurboZ28
08-16-2006, 01:09 AM
holy crapperz I live in iowa city and have an ls1 too!

We should meet up sometime man. i love GTO's. The interiors are inredible. They far surpass my fbody thats for sure haha.

LOL 04 GTO came with the ls2.

Deathinnovember
08-16-2006, 08:28 AM
[quote="Deathinnovember";p="110037":04e81]holy crapperz I live in iowa city and have an ls1 too!

LOL 04 GTO came with the ls2.[/quote:04e81]

Actually no. The 04 GTO came with a LS1. Then in 05 when they switched the "ram air" hood and dual exhaust. They put in the LS2. Trust me. I've driven a 04 and a 05.

Deathinnovember
08-16-2006, 08:29 AM
wait holy shit. I just realized. you live off of burlington right?

I drive by your car everyday. I remember seeing it once and feeling bad that it stayed outside all the time lol.

Drifte
08-16-2006, 11:23 AM
i want one... any body have some sweet pics of some modified gto's? like 04,5,6's?

Drifte
08-16-2006, 11:25 AM
heres a neat one.

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/05/gtoramair604_02.jpg

DustinsDuster
08-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Drifte, i wouldnt think youd be into GTO's.

nice clean car man. keep us updated on the mods!

QKSilverGoat
08-16-2006, 02:05 PM
yeah thats me off burlington.... and it is sad she stays out side all summer..... im neurotic that some drunk ass is gonna screw with my car every night especially when school is back on... luckly as of yet i havent had a problem...

when the snow flies i have a storage facility that i put her in and tarp her over etc..... so she hasnt ever seen the snow.....but either way, birds tend to have lazer targeting for my car so i can barly keep up with keeping it clean....

anyhow, yes, the 04's were the only year that came with the Ls1... they immediatly changed to the Ls2's and the body styling changes the next year to try and boost sales...... ive actually been considering trading mine in on an 06.... however their is deffiantly something to be said for having an 04 since so few of them are around, and the Ls1 having currently the much nicer aftermarket support because of all the fbodies and corvettes having supported the Ls1 for so long.... so im hesitant to trade her in just yet.....and if i do, most likly it will only be until the re release of the GTO on the zbody platform in 09......yup same platform as the new camaro... needless to say im veeeerrryyy excited about that prospect.....

speaking of which, i need to finish cleaning my car, got it washed then got side tracked.... so the wheels and tires look horrid on it right now LOL....

thanks for the compliments

ZEE
08-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Don't the 04's have dual exhaust too? They're just on the same side.

QKSilverGoat
08-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Don't the 04's have dual exhaust too? They're just on the same side.

correct, looks a little off when you see if, its dual on the driver side... i think the exit pipe is 2" or somewhere close to that, never actually measured to check...

Deathinnovember
08-17-2006, 12:52 PM
wow i thought it was just a single exit exhaust. Man thats really restrictive lol.

QKSilverGoat
08-17-2006, 01:04 PM
wow i thought it was just a single exit exhaust. Man thats really restrictive lol.

not as bad as you might think actually especially considering the lsx motors have to run 4 count em, 4 cat's.......

the cat back exhaust is usually good for maybe 10rwhp.... if that..... so most consider it nothing more than either a support mod, or sound mod....

i would like to get the flowmaster 40's under my car.... but just havent gotten around to it yet.... and its really just not a pressing issue for me considering the net gains....

however, the long tube headers with a solid tune are something im very much considering in the interim... though the 1000 dollar price tag is somewhat prohibitive for the headers.... then i need to dish out another 800 to pick up a copy of HP tuner, and a wideband 02 for the car....so i can tune the headers in.....

net gains for the long tubes with the tune should be a respectable 30+ rwhp minimum..... note with the tune.... most people from the tune alone on the lsx motors are seeing about 15rwhp gains for just fixing the air fuel.... these motors run pig rich and thats an understatement..... not to mention only about 20 degrees of advance on the timing.....

MAYBE 22-23 at most...... when the sweet spot on the lsx tends to be upwards of 26-28 degrees....

either way..... plenty of room to grow, and luckly the cat back seems to be currently the least of my problems....

i might end up just chopping in the flowmasters and leaving the rest of the cat back stock for now..... worry about the cat forward system, and get HP tuners taken care of ..... that should net me a solid gain for sure....

on a side note... is there a dyno anywhere around here???

ZEE
08-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Mine only has 2 cats. Excuse me, used to have 2.

Deathinnovember
08-18-2006, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't go with the flowmaster. I've seen people actually lose horsepower on ls1 with the blowmaster.

By $1,000. Do you mean the SLP headers? Because those are overpriced by all means. Theres cheaper and better headers out there IMO.

But you're absolutely right. Headers make the biggest difference on LS1's. The intake and exhausts are pretty restrictive. So thats usually the first thing to do.

Do you know if you have the LS6 intake manifold? I'm sure you do. I think all ls1's after 01 came with it.

If so. A cam might be in order. you can get a pretty decent cheap cam for a LS1 and the gains are pretty considerable.

4 cats is rediclious. Most LS1's only came with two. But there was a few lt1 and ls1 fbodies and c5's that were ordered in california that came with four of them. Just because california emissions laws suck.

QKSilverGoat
08-18-2006, 11:55 AM
yeah, i hear that..... but as for the 1000 dollars the only set of headers so far as i know that have dipped under the 1000 dollar mark for the GTO's are the pacesetters that havent really even hit the shelf yet.....

stainless works, Kooks, SLP, etc. are still all pushing the 1000 dollar mark for a set of headers....when i do get the headers im thinking ill probally chop all the cats out of the car, and swap in some hi-flo's and kill the SES light code on em.... if ever i go back to arizona i have to pass emissions, which is lucky for me, only a visual/load style emission testing, but with no sniffer..... so, as long as it looks ok, im still ok!!!

i do have the ls6 intake, your correct in your thoughts that in 01 they pretty much started putting them on every ls1.... i think it was a change over year so on early build engines they still have the earlier style iirc...

im deffinatly wanting to get a cam in the car.... just for right now, i need to wait until i decide if im going to go N/A or blow the car in the future, weather i keep the ls1 or get the ls2..... because that will have a fairly solid impact on what cam i decide to put in the car....

either way all said and done, im hoping for a streetable 500 rwhp.... which means ill PROBALLY end up going with a blower of some sort.... but that all remains to be seen...

ahhh the mod bug, never enough money,time, or means......

ps: anyone know where the closest dyno is to iowa city

ZEE
08-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Headers make a much better improvement with a cam swap. Headers alone on an LS1 are an improvement over stock manifolds but not mind numbing by any means. It doesn't wake it up near as much as say headers on an LT1. I don't have any idea how well the duels flow on a GTO. But it seams it would be a shame to put headers on and then bottleneck the added flow in the stock exhaust. Then again I don't know GTO.
You get what you pay for. If you want a quality header that performs is stainless steel and ceramic coated and look the same in 10 or 15 years you have to pay the price. If you want a steel header which will still rust if the coating is chipped from rocks and then moisture gets in and more rust and you don't care what it looks like in a couple of years get pacesetter or similar. Pacesetter has been around for years and they always have been budget orientated. Read that as quantity over quality. I have SLP's on the Camaro. They were a little pricy but no more than any other stainless coated header. Plus it came with stainless coated 3" y-pipe. I know GTO's don't use a 'Y' but that contributed to the decision. They have been on for 5 years and still look brand new.

93mazdarx7
08-19-2006, 06:53 PM
I've seen a lot of these in Austin, mostly stock though. They are NA right so there's no easy way to bump Horse?

QKSilverGoat
08-20-2006, 01:17 PM
yeah they are NA.... as for easy way to bump HP... i guess that depends on what you mean by easy..... i think a better way would be to say no CHEAP way..... like no pulley swap for 30-40 more hp just like that...... but with a simple cam and head swap... and i do mean simple you could do it in an evenining if you were really committed to it.... and for RELATIVLY little money.... 2000 or so... you could have and ls1 that pumps out over 400 RWHP pretty quick and easy.... if you have an auto, add a decent converter swap into the car.... and you pretty easily have a car that will consistently run mid 12's all day long... and then slap on some giggle juice and well, its a whole new ball game then...

so i guess like i said, it depends on what you mean by cheap :)

then again, i slap the maggnacharger on my car... and put down upwards of 480-500 RWHP/TQ and start screaming towards the 11's or at least knocking to let em know im home ;)

and thats only about 6000 iirc... and thats with the mp112.... they are working on putting out a mp122h right now for the ls1/ls2's that should supposedly consistently put us in the 550's rw mark.... so the dyno's have said.... but that deffinatly remains to be seen...

sorry for the long winded post, none the less.... yeah no cheap way to get horsepower...but still deffinatly plenty of ways to get horsepower and gobs of it at that....

k im done blabbing now....

Drifte
08-21-2006, 07:29 PM
keep blabbing im reading

QKSilverGoat
08-21-2006, 08:39 PM
keep blabbing im reading

lol but i dont know what to talk about....

i saw snakes on a plane.... that was interesting at least...

oooooooooooo i know, i decided im gonna keep my 04 today instead of getting an 06..... so, when i get the money together, operation Blown GTO will begin.... soon a hottie named Maggie will be pleasuring me!!!! BWHAHAHA

the head and cam selection begins soon... :supz:

melhoneybee
08-24-2006, 02:22 AM
I heard that movie had some bad reviews..

and whos maggie? lol

QKSilverGoat
08-24-2006, 12:21 PM
I heard that movie had some bad reviews..

and whos maggie? lol

lol it wouldnt surprise me, but IMDB,yahoo, etc... are all giving it rave reviews....honestly, if you go to it expecting it to be what it is.... then its a great campy snakes on a plane flick..... if you go expecting some of samuel L. 's best work... well then you might be disapointed....

and as for maggie.... shes the hottest bitch around didnt you know...and can blow like a hoover from hell....

http://www.gravanatuning.com/prod_images/large/MGN-01-12-60-131_img2.jpghttp://www.gravanatuning.com/prod_images/large/MGN-01-12-60-131_img3.jpg

:prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :supz: :supz:

amoander
08-24-2006, 04:04 PM
go magnacharger. how much boost you planning on pushing. 6, 9 , 10, or more?

QKSilverGoat
08-24-2006, 04:37 PM
go magnacharger. how much boost you planning on pushing. 6, 9 , 10, or more?

initially 8ish, in the end, probally no more than 10lbs.....

but after the cam and heads that will be going on.....

my guess, ill be horribly traction limited from the get go....

but those pesky stumps wont be a problem anymore.... can you say torque.... :)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee!!!

Drifte
08-24-2006, 04:49 PM
stumps..your pulling stumps with your GTO? or im a misreading the term here?

are you installing it or are you having it put in?

amoander
08-24-2006, 10:58 PM
watch the wheel hop. Have heard and seen thos GTO's do some nasty wheel hopping.

QKSilverGoat
08-25-2006, 04:46 AM
watch the wheel hop. Have heard and seen thos GTO's do some nasty wheel hopping.

heard seen and felt.... IRS good for one thing.... im not sure what that is... but im sure it must be good.... nah.... i can corner like a SOB but a straight line is my enemy.... worse than a rabbit in heat... hopping all over hell...its crossed my mind more than once to slip a solid axel under this beast.... im sure it would be a lot nice to drag.... but then i would lose a little comfort and twisty action...

ahhhh welll

69gt4speed
08-26-2006, 12:56 PM
I Love The new GTO's..... They look real nice in my rearview mirror....Course any car in the rearview looks good.... The time to beat, all you gto ppl is 13.4's at 102 done by a coworker... he had tires though... m/t dr...and 6 speed... Don't take me too serious I have a pig of a car, that barely goes....

QKSilverGoat
08-26-2006, 09:15 PM
I Love The new GTO's..... They look real nice in my rearview mirror....Course any car in the rearview looks good.... The time to beat, all you gto ppl is 13.4's at 102 done by a coworker... he had tires though... m/t dr...and 6 speed... Don't take me too serious I have a pig of a car, that barely goes....

i should be able to squeeze a 13.4 out of this car pretty soon.... im ordering HP Tuners and a wideband probally next week sometime, so ill be able to get this tubby bitch dialed in a little...and remove the torque management....

SUPPOSEDLY.... removing the torque mgmt and tuning the tranny a hair, on the A4's is good for .2 - .3 in the 1/4 if i see it then ill believe it because i personally think thats total BS.... but the 15rwhp and rwtq i hope to get when i get her dialed in, well, that might help a little....

ive been consistently working fri and sat at work, so i havent had a chance to make it to the track, but im deffinatly going to get there soon.... see what i can pull out of this bitches arse.... a 13.4 in a slush box gto would deffinatly make me happy specially on mostly stock everything.... i think a 13.6 @ 101 is probally a little more reasonable at the momment though... but the truth is in the slip and i dont have one at the momment.... heck, maybe ill get the wind on my back, and a 30 degree summer day hehehe... it could happen...

none the less, your friend with the m6... my guess is it actually has a little more in it... ive deffinatly heard of stocker M6 04's knocking on 13.1 and 13.2's with out the help of DR's, and 05 06 M6's in the 12.9 12.8's deffinatly the exception and not the rule for sure, and conditions driver, and everything in between vary that so much who can say.....

69gt4speed
08-27-2006, 01:35 AM
His is a 06 gto, he got it at joliet, it may run better also, giving it a few more miles on it. He has a programmer but says he didn't use it as he wants a stock base time. You saw the video of him vs amoander on the puter generated video. He had stock tires that day, all stock down to the filter. The other 2 05 gto's were around 14.1's to 13.8's as far as I know....

The camaro t/a ls1's def have a advantage with a lil torque arm work compared to a irs on straight line but I like the ride of irs...

QKSilverGoat
08-27-2006, 03:03 AM
His is a 06 gto, he got it at joliet, it may run better also, giving it a few more miles on it. He has a programmer but says he didn't use it as he wants a stock base time. You saw the video of him vs amoander on the puter generated video. He had stock tires that day, all stock down to the filter. The other 2 05 gto's were around 14.1's to 13.8's as far as I know....

The camaro t/a ls1's def have a advantage with a lil torque arm work compared to a irs on straight line but I like the ride of irs...

ohhh wow, if its a 05 06, then it deffinatly has a better time in it, especially on DR's...... cause a 13.4 is the times the 04's were putting down.....

for some reason the lsX engines have a very noticable break in period, pre 1k miles especially they are almost dogs.... afterwards they just get faster and faster..... so if he is low milage then deffinatly some more power to pour on for sure....

the 05 gto's, probally the same excuses, but honestly a 14.1 is almost sad for one.... i imagine the 60 foot time must have been like a 2.5 or something incredible.... either that or just heat soaked like crazy.... the ls2's tend to be much more influenced by it.... im not sure what it is.... perhaps all in the tuning???

either way, i did see that video, amoander made him look like he was sitting still...

course, amoander on the juice is a bit of a beast in his self..... and would make alot of cars look slow off the line ;)

anyhow, like i said, i havent had a chacne to run my car yet, so im basing alot of this off of desktop racing, and what i have heard or seen other cars do.... the only real comparison i have is a few mustangs i have run.... i put them away relativly handily....but like i said that is really not much of a comparison... anything can AND WILL happen on the streets....

as for the camaro t/a ls1's axels aside... they have a substantial weight advantage on us GTO's... i think we come in 200 or 300 lbs heavier before drivers.... IIRC.... not sure about gearing either, but my guess is that camaros and firechickens might be a little more aggressive as far as gearing goes too...

the only real advantage we have, which isnt much of an advantage initially is the ls6 intake.... which when bored and hogged out, we can get between 15-20 rwhp..... nice, but deffinatly not a first starting spot, especially on a stocker engine....and more so if i plan on gong to forced induction....

anyhow, im drunk and rambling, im sure.... need to go to bed and sober up... so off i go...

night

aaron

QKSilverGoat
08-27-2006, 01:50 PM
just got up and read what i posted last night, im almost impressed with how intelligable it really came out...

none the less, looking back on it, i saw he ran at jolliet for that time??

then the car can deffinatly run quicker... ive only run their once personally but from what everyone tells me, their track prep tends to be on the MEH sides of things all the time...and when i ran there in my GTP, my 60's really suggested that too...

personally i LOVE tristates out in earllville.... ive consistently run well their in the past, including my last car's personal best.... they track prep well...spraying VHT even on T&T days some times...leaving for some really amazing 60' times... no feeling like sub 2 second 60's WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

im not sure, but my guess would be that tristate is a little lower elevation too.... so your DA's might end up a little better.....

im still trying to find time in my schedual to take the GTO out there... just hasnt been happening as of late...

ZEE
08-27-2006, 04:05 PM
2001 and up f-bodies came with the LS6 intake. They flow very well. I wouldn't mess with it. You can do more harm than good.

QKSilverGoat
08-27-2006, 08:44 PM
2001 and up f-bodies came with the LS6 intake. They flow very well. I wouldn't mess with it. You can do more harm than good.

ahh right on.... well, either way, porting out the stocker is deffinatly the better option to buying say the FAST intake at a 1000 dollars... or the 90mm TB to go along with it...

69gt4speed
08-27-2006, 10:40 PM
saw he ran at jolliet for that time??

Naw, we went up to see the nmra/nmca racing and he bought the gto there... he did the 13.4 run at earlville (tristate) during cedar valley street rod event....

QKSilverGoat
08-27-2006, 11:13 PM
His is a 06 gto, he got it at joliet, it may run better also, giving it a few more miles on it.

just missread that as you ran the time at joliet

my bad

ZEE
08-28-2006, 10:52 AM
My opinion on the FAST intake is that it is highly overated. Although it is great for nitrous applications due to the blow out seals in it in case of a nitrous hick up. It also is could easily be set up for direct port nitrous. Porting the stock LS6 intake is a bad idea.

QKSilverGoat
08-28-2006, 12:33 PM
My opinion on the FAST intake is that it is highly overated. Although it is great for nitrous applications due to the blow out seals in it in case of a nitrous hick up. It also is could easily be set up for direct port nitrous. Porting the stock LS6 intake is a bad idea.

while i agree with you on the FAST intake being mostly a over priced hunk of plastic.....it does have its uses.... especially in the stroker and other high horsepower applications when a larger TB becomes nessesary i have seen very nice gains to be had on the fast 90 combo...

however with the ls6 intake i think ill go on to completly disagree.... while the ls6 is a NICE stocker piece it is deffinatly not the be all end all..... there is a lot of material in the ls6 intakes and on a completly stock engine i have seen gains of 10 rwhp rwtq after attacking it with a grinder..... so there is deffinatly plenty of power left in it... its amazing how much material you can pull out of them... and its actually relativly cheap to have done to them too...

so while ill agree that its a nice piece... deffinatly better than the original ls1, and probally better than the ls2 stocker.... and this doesnt even compare to the l92 thats coming out, and the heads associated with that...

just my .02

ZEE
08-28-2006, 07:32 PM
I guess I have never heard of anybody porting a stock intake. They are known to have very thin walls therefore porting them would produce miniscule results. I know you can port the FAST intake.

QKSilverGoat
08-29-2006, 12:35 AM
I guess I have never heard of anybody porting a stock intake. They are known to have very thin walls therefore porting them would produce miniscule results. I know you can port the FAST intake.

personally ive never had the chance to eyeball the insides or go after them with a dial caliper or anything....but the two things i can say IMO... are that since its made of more or less plastic, they can probally be ported out a little thinner, since they wont see any, or at least much at if any of the thermal expansion the way say iron does.... however either way, the pictures of the porting work that i have seen show gobs and gobs of material being removed.... and as of yet i havent heard of a failure or cracking or anything like that of the stocker after the port work has been done....

/shrug

to each their own really.... its deffinatly not the first place i would look for power...but if i had an engine pushing gobs of power, i wouldnt overlook it either.... though granted at that point i would probally look at the fast 90 combo anyhow....

so we will call it a poor mans mod?! hehehe

ZEE
08-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Are they just port matching or a full on port job into the runners. Just curious because I've never seen it done. I know Lingenfelter port match's but that's all I know about it.

QKSilverGoat
08-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Are they just port matching or a full on port job into the runners. Just curious because I've never seen it done. I know Lingenfelter port match's but that's all I know about it.

runners for sure, i assume port matching to, though i have never seen the work in person...it just makes sense to do both....

my biggest question on it though really comes down to the before and after... peak hp and peak tq is great... but i have never really sat down and examined a few different dyno sheets etc, to see what happens to low and mid range power.....

from just eye balling the dynos it looks like solid gains accross the board... but i am deffinatly not going to jump the gun and say that it was....

either way.... unless your sucking a lot, and i do mean A LOT of air, i would agree with you for the most part, attacking the intake if you have the ls6 intake is pointless....

however, ill attack the crap out of it, if i wanna get the ls7 heads on there... which has been a back burner project for awhile...

but to run the ls7 heads you need the intake TB, and a larger boar lsx.... 4.125.... IE the c5r block or the aftermarket ls7 block that doesnt use the dry sump oiling etc, that was recently changed over for general use.... only like 3 or 4 grand but, deffinatly something of a project rather than a mod....

aaron

69gt4speed
08-30-2006, 03:02 AM
Do the flash, and a 100 nx shot with other supporting mods.. With 3900+ lbs I don't think 5 to 10 rwhp is going to mean much even vs a ls1 camaro. Yea it's kinda cruel but lets be real here. It will take about 400 rwhp to run with a very basic modded ls1 z and you want to do a good job. Or get rid of every # you can. Say 340 rwhp + 100, that will do the job.... I'm not a chevy guy but have similar weight to a gto so that will work for most cars around here if you can hook up... :biggrin:

QKSilverGoat
08-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Do the flash, and a 100 nx shot with other supporting mods.. With 3900+ lbs I don't think 5 to 10 rwhp is going to mean much even vs a ls1 camaro. Yea it's kinda cruel but lets be real here. It will take about 400 rwhp to run with a very basic modded ls1 z and you want to do a good job. Or get rid of every # you can. Say 340 rwhp + 100, that will do the job.... I'm not a chevy guy but have similar weight to a gto so that will work for most cars around here if you can hook up... :biggrin:

i would agree with you for the most part.. except the 3900 lb part..... my car scaled in at 3700(rounded) with me in the car..... GM doesnt punish us GTOs like they do the mustang, or more so the GT 500.....

not to say that we arent a fat pig though...

either way.... a stock m6 will run with a ls1 Z just fine,...... they put down mid to low 13's pretty regularly and a simple TQ convertor will get the autos in the same territory....

dont count us out that quickly!!!!

1) ls1gto 13.10 @ 107.3 MPH
2) TRU GTO 13.136 @ 105.76 MPH
3) GTwhoa 13.15 @ 105.35 MPH
4) nutiger 13.245 @ 104.86 MPH
5) GTONEWB 13.248 105.99 MPH
6) slammin86 13.27 @ 105.46 MPH
7) Nmbr1GMfan 13.390 @ 104.54 MPH
9) nikivee 13.3 @ 104.00 MPH
10) 1meangoat 13.307 @ 104.61 MPH
11) Nmbr1GMfan 13.390 @ 104.54 MPH
10) win98nogood 13.393 @ 105.10 MPH

thats the top 10 stock ls1 times out of the gtos... i think all but 3 of those are stock m6's... a few factory freaks in there that are a4's

for an interesting comparison here is the ls2's

Top NA LS2 ET's - Stock:
1) NYTIGER 12.920 @ 109.40 MPH
2) jumbojet 12.974 @ 108.08 MPH
3) Boilermaker GTO 12.9299 @ 106.89
4) BlackSheep 12.98 @ 108 MPH
5) KYGTO 13.035 @ 108.96 MPH
6) Judgethis05 13.036 @ 108.72
7) hookmechanic 13.074 @ 106.76 MPH
8) SloNlo 13.086 @ 108.75 MPH
9) TheCamel 13.112 @ 108.49 MPH
10) BadGTO 13.14 @ 104.99 MPH
11) Lord Vador 13.132 @ 108.85 MPH
12) Joey D 13.236 @ 104.79 MPH
13) steelerguy 13.378 @ 106.54 MPH

note the MPH's on these cars, screeeeaaaaammms traction problems for the ls2's

anyhow, when it comes to making power hp is hp far as im concerned.... especially if its coming from a supporting mod....

i just need to get past my fear of the n2o... because as it is, i still live in the dark ages when nitrous was fairly dangerous, and more often than not engine life expectancy was nill....

i was however looking at direct port injection systems.........shhhhhh dont tell.....

in the end, i need to put some money into suspension work too, because if you cant hook it up, it doesnt help either way, 10 hp or 100.....

lol

ahh well, if anything you dont have to worry abuot stairing at my car's fat ass any time soon :)

amoander
08-30-2006, 02:45 PM
I can talf for hours regarding the benefits of nitrous as well as some of it's negatives. I love nitrous for #1 reason it makes great power (and safely) while allowing a car to me mostly stock. In my book you basically have two different cars for the price of one. I think you and that 06 GTO need to race. (hopefully i can slip in and race (off the bottle))

QKSilverGoat
08-30-2006, 03:59 PM
I can talf for hours regarding the benefits of nitrous as well as some of it's negatives. I love nitrous for #1 reason it makes great power (and safely) while allowing a car to me mostly stock. In my book you basically have two different cars for the price of one. I think you and that 06 GTO need to race. (hopefully i can slip in and race (off the bottle))

lol thats right off the bottle!!

other wise it wouldnt be much of a race now would it....

i know n2o can be done safly... especially now a days with stand alone controllers for fueling etc... but i just cant get passed the stigma.... that and ive always been a huge believer in power thats always there.... n2o just seems like it should be that extra bit in the end.. not the entire car....

not to say that your mustang isnt quick as snot .... but as you know and i know... off the bottle shes just a little slow is all :)

i just dont wanna be caught off guard with a low bottle or the bottle closed....

i wanna have all my power, all the time :)

sounds a bit like an annoying 10 year old doesnt it??? NOW NOW NOW!!!

when i hook up the maggie... i will almost undoubtably have some form of n2o setup.... forced induction cars just love the stuff way to much to not have at least a small shot going on...

ahhh well, we shall see

69gt4speed
08-31-2006, 11:38 AM
I gave you the story on the 06 gto.. He pulled on our truck scales, it weighed 3960 w him, I pulled on also we weighed 7860, he pulled off I weighed 3900. We earlier had weighed ourselves, I weighed 223, he weighed 220 with our work bs..

I'm sure the 06 guy would be willing to try a test against your 04, ls1 vs ls2.

QKSilverGoat
08-31-2006, 04:00 PM
I gave you the story on the 06 gto.. He pulled on our truck scales, it weighed 3960 w him, I pulled on also we weighed 7860, he pulled off I weighed 3900. We earlier had weighed ourselves, I weighed 223, he weighed 220 with our work bs..

I'm sure the 06 guy would be willing to try a test against your 04, ls1 vs ls2.

the 06's did add a few more options though it would surprise me if it was 200 lbs worth of options... though , who knows.... they changed the front and backs of the car as well as some electronics, bigger breaks front and back.... changed the callipers..... etc etc and so forth...

maybe there is 200 lbs in there maybe not, who knows.... deffinatly not i.....

either way, ild love to give that race a go some time :)

though with his DR's and a m6... i would assume he could put me down handily...