PDA

View Full Version : wtb dsm

Sinfire
08-08-2006, 08:03 PM
lookin for a 1st or 2nd gen later on in the year. lookin for a 5-spd turbo. awd would be a plus. i just started a new job so i need to get some cash built up first :)

TbTalon94
08-09-2006, 07:25 AM
What kind of price range are you looking for? Do you want a modified car or completely stock? There are PLENTY of slightly modified DSMs running around that everyone wants to sell. Then there are a few decently modified DSMs that people will sell for the right price...hint......hint :yawinkle:

Sinfire
08-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Slight mods. pry something around 1500-3000.

Sinfire
08-12-2006, 10:56 PM
u sellin urs tb? how much? anyone else?

logans dad
08-13-2006, 03:01 AM
Save your money. My 98 might be for sale in the spring but it wont be cheap.
Getting a modified 6 bolt put in it right now.

belittle
08-13-2006, 06:17 AM
Save your money. My 98 might be for sale in the spring but it wont be cheap.
Getting a modified 6 bolt put in it right now.

How much? 15 grand?? When realistically it's worth only 8-9k????

logans dad
08-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Ive put that much in mods in it. By the way, 8 to 9 grand is what a stock 98 books for yes. Put a 97 or newer lower front nose on your 95 and it will look a lot better but you knowing it all surely knew that already.
Would like to run you when mine is done.

And what a waste having a Shep tranny in yours with a 14b.

Realistically your 95 is only worth maybe 5 or 6 grand if that!!

TbTalon94
08-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Ive put that much in mods in it smart a$$. By the way, 8 to 9 grand is what a stock 98 books for yes. Put a 97 or newer lower front nose on your 95 and it will look a lot better but you knowing it all surely knew that already.
Would like to run you when mine is done. You up for it boy?

Vic watch your mouth. You car IS only worth that much if you are selling it at book price. Just adding parts to your car doesn't increase the re-sale value per-say. You just have to find someone to pay that much thats all he was saying.

On another note i do believe that was be-little's old car and the only reason it had a 14b is because he was building up his cash flow to buy a better turbo. You need to realize Belittle has been in the DSM game for a long time and knows 3402839x more then you...trust me. I'm not trying to talk shit here...i'm just letting you know who you are giving an attitude once again.

Back on track. My car has A LOT of mods on it and I wouldn't sell it near the book price. It would be above 5500 just to give you an idea. Again...theoretically it isn't "worth" that much if your looking at the book price but in parts,labor, and other things it is worth way more then that.

-trevor

belittle
08-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Ive put that much in mods in it smart a$$. By the way, 8 to 9 grand is what a stock 98 books for yes. Put a 97 or newer lower front nose on your 95 and it will look a lot better but you knowing it all surely knew that already.
Would like to run you when mine is done. You up for it boy?

I have a 1997 gsx.

I also said nothing about putting a 97 style bumper. I do remember specifically you asking 13k for your car awhile back in near stock form. It's alright though, you'll just be "that guy" that asks WAY to much for the dsm and NEVER sell it ;)

logans dad
08-13-2006, 03:26 PM
If I dont sell it thats ok. If I do thats ok and I know I will never get out of it what I have in it.

Thanks Trevor, I know what your saying.

Sinfire
08-13-2006, 09:45 PM
anyone sellin one this fall? lol

96-eclipse-gst
08-15-2006, 01:37 PM
wait till this fall and find out, there are alot of them in swapsheets and newspapers. Theres actually a 95 awd talon 5 spd for sale $3k obo. Its not too bad, has a few gauges and an apexi dunk exhaust. If possible get a loan and give them a call. Do you know how to work on dsm's, if not you better learn quick.

Drifte
08-15-2006, 02:00 PM
they are all over the place. most that have really nice ones know exactly how they work and wont want to get rid of them to purchase another car thar requires them to learn all over again.

dsmtuners.com classifieds

but im willing to bet every dsm is for sale, for the right price. i think theirs an eclipse on here for sale right now.

Sinfire
08-15-2006, 08:27 PM
wait till this fall and find out, there are alot of them in swapsheets and newspapers. Theres actually a 95 awd talon 5 spd for sale $3k obo. Its not too bad, has a few gauges and an apexi dunk exhaust. If possible get a loan and give them a call. Do you know how to work on dsm's, if not you better learn quick.

I think i called them. does it need an oil return, a valve cover gasket, and as Mass air sensor?

Sinfire
08-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Do you know how to work on dsm's, if not you better learn quick.

And no, nobody i know has a dsm to work on.

noRys
08-16-2006, 03:24 PM
I have a slightly modded 92 GSX I let go for $3300.

Alot of maitenance work already done.

To give you a general idea it has a 6-bolt motor with upgraded turbo, ACT2600 clutch, lowered, ported 2g manifold, ported O2, full 3" exhaust, boost and egt gauge, SAFCII and more...

Runs great... I drive it everyday. I get about 19-21 mpg.

ICGerms
08-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Mine's for sale:
http://www.dsmsource.com/classifieds/sh ... 2618&cat=6 (http://www.dsmsource.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2618&cat=6)