PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a new guy

Einarr99
07-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Hey all tripped over this site while looking up random car info. Noticed it was for Cedar Rapids and thought I'd join.

I know very little about cars but now that I have a decent one I want to learn.

Just got my first new car 2006 Mustang v6 with the Pony package.

Hope there are some other local Mustang owners who could provide some tips.

Anyone know of a place that does Dyno tunes?

Stutz
07-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Hey welcome to the site, you should go to advance auto on thursday and meet some of us.

Einarr99
07-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Well Id like to but my current hours have me on nights wed-sat. The 3 days off are nice though :-)

Plus I am a total car noob. Never even took shop back in high school.

Course I guess the only way to learn is to learn, maybe I can tag along another time.

ZacFields
07-04-2006, 07:53 PM
You want to talk to 69GT4speed,

He is one of our seasoned mustang gurus.

Welcome to the site! Cars of all shapes and sizes are welcome here. We are a diverse group :)

Zac

Ashley
07-04-2006, 09:09 PM
welcome to the site!

and come to our bbq on aug 5!! if you can, of course. haha. it'll be a good time.

either way, welcome =)

NewSpeedSteed
07-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Sweet another mustang owner!

Soon our time will come and we will rule the world.

Yeah, uh anyway welcome to the site and good to hear about the new mustang- they look awesome, but why the V6 and not the V8?

Almost bought a 06 GT but when I saw the Mach 1 I was in love.

TurboZ28
07-05-2006, 01:28 AM
welcome. you want some tips get rid of the mousestang. J/K!
i would do a motor swap add a turbo or No2. see ya around.

69gt4speed
07-05-2006, 01:39 AM
Split port 4.0 v6 with upgraded suspension tires, wheels and the pony. 210hp, that's a good motor that goes back to cologne german design. Well what can it run with a lil money..... here's a pkg, removable if need be.
4.0 2005 spilt port (http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Timeslip-6521.html)

TurboZ28
07-05-2006, 04:52 AM
:WORTHLESSNOPICS:

DragonUSMC
07-05-2006, 05:28 AM
Sweet another mustang owner!

Soon our time will come and we will rule the world.

What? no evil laugh? =D

anyway welcome to the site. If you have any specific questions just post em up! alot of people here know all types of cars and all types solutions. =)

Einarr99
07-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

As much as I wanted the V8 it came down to a few reasons.

Price, Insurance, and avalibility. The V8 i saw was legend lime.

Once I saw my baby i was in love. Tungsten Grey.

And considering my last car was a 92 plymouth duster the v6 is much stronger then the last. My first car was a Manual '87 Hyundai excel and it kinda soured me on manuals thats why i went automatic.

But yes I am thinking about getting a CAI and performance tune.
(I was told that would get rif of the annoying lag from a stop.) But after reading up about good dynos (and not wanting to drive to Michigan or Indiana) I was wondering if there were any local options for a dyno.

Or since I'm still stock if I should try one of those CAI Tuner packages. CnL, K&N, etc.

Once again I know Nada and want to start with the basics.

Yeah Ive checked out Scrmings site. Posted a bit with him on mustang forums.

Kinda want to see what local options i have before going out and ordering anything.

69gt4speed
07-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Well we have no local dynojet really. Or mustang dyno, maybe someday. My tip is to find a guy that does lots of your model flashes confirmed on dyno and street and go with him. These days even the tune can be emailed and uploaded to a flasher and saving your old one. Why I have a flasher, wb 02 do some small changes etc. You do enough cars they can figure out a general power tune. It seems the new cars like sct, course chris johnson got help from ford engineers. Maybe they will use you as a test subject. A link.
http://www.sctflash.com/koenigsegg.php

lenny
07-25-2006, 08:20 PM
First thing I would ever do is slap on some bigger tires and with different struts/springs and swaybars. This will drastically set you apart from the 10 million other new mustangs out there, instantly change the feedback, control, and overall aspect of the vehicle while at the same time getting your feetwet in modding and "catching the bug"
-Dan

DustinsDuster
07-26-2006, 10:51 PM
hey, i drive a duster, its not that slow....

'course, mine is 20 years older than yours; i supposed that could come into play.

either way, welcome to the board.

melhoneybee
07-28-2006, 09:48 AM
welcome to the site.

black84RX-7
10-19-2006, 11:48 AM
yah welcome there is not much hapaning during the winter but maybe we will see you around