PDA

View Full Version : CR:U 2nd Annual BBQ

Ashley
03-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Hey guys!

It's FINALLY starting to get warm outside, and it's slowly inching towards summer, which can only mean one thing.. it's almost time for our BBQ!!

I got reservations made for a pavillion, and so all the details are slowly starting to come together. As of right now, here's the plan:

Date: Saturday June 10th
Time: Everyone can start showing up around Noon.. we have the pavillion until 10pm that night, although I can't guarantee there will be people there that late. HOWEVER.. we will have food ready for anyone who shows up the entire time we're out there!
Location: The West Overlook Pavillion at the Coralville Lake. The SAME spot as last year.

We're planning on providing LOTS of food for you kids, just like last year, including (but not limited to):
-Brats
-Hot Dogs
-Hamburgers
-Chips/Dip
-Baked Beans
-Potato Salad
-Cookies
-Kool Aid/Water/Juice

HOWEVER - if you want something BESIDES hot dogs/burgers/brats such as a steak or chicken breast, etc etc - if you bring it, we'll cook it! Or, if you have other food you'd love to bring, feel free.

There's also a beach about 100 yards away from the pavillion, so bring your trunks/swimsuits and feel free to swim. We should also have a volleyball net for people to play, and lots of picnic tables and whatnot for people to sit and visit.

For those of you who have never been to the West Overlook Pavillion..
Directions: Take I-380 South to the exit for I-80 headed into Iowa City. Take that exit, so you're on I-80. From I-80 take Exit 244 and go 3 miles North (you'll take a left onto Dubuque Street, headed AWAY from Iowa City) on Dubuque Street to West Overlook Road. There will be a large brown sign saying "Coralville Lake & Dam". Turn right at this sign. Proceed on West Overlook Road 1/4 mile to the Dam Complex Entrance Station.. keep going through the entrance station past the beach, to our pavillion! There will be a sign saying the pavillion is reserved for CR:Underground, and if you make it to the Entrance Station - if you tell the people working what you're trying to find, they can most definitely help you!

Like I said before, KoolAid/Gatorade/Water/etc will be provided by us.. but if you want soda, you'll have to bring it yourselves. Also, IF YOU'RE OVER 21 - you're more than welcome to drink. However, I HAVE to ask that if you're not 21 that you don't drink - the pavillion is reserved in my name, so if someone gets caught drinking underage it's MY problem.

Also, if you have anything you want to bring - games to play, food, etc etc - let me know so I know what I do or don't need to bring. The parking lot is also a decent size, so it'd be a nice opportunity if you guys want to get pictures of your cars together or whatever.

For the DragSource guys.. you're all welcome to come, too! EVERYONE is welcome to come and have a good time - you can PM me for directions if you're not from Cedar Rapids/Iowa City. We will probably also have a spot designated for everyone to meet up at in Cedar Rapids to follow Zac or I to the park for those of you who don't know where you're headed.

LASTLY!
We want to make this BBQ as great as we can! HOWEVER, we will need some help! For those who don't know, CR:U has a PayPal account setup so that people can donate money to the site - so we can buy your food! The more people donate, the better our BBQ will be!
To donate, visit this page:
http://www.crunderground.com/paypal.php

Sorry to make this so long, but I know everyone had a GREAT time last year, and this year will be just as great, if not, greater.

I'll make a thread closer to the date to see who exactly plans on coming - but I just wanted to let everyone know where we stand on this so far this year and get some feedback.

DustinsDuster
03-26-2006, 10:22 AM
i will most definatly be there. im not sure what i could bring to help, so i'll probably just donate some money. i'll try to get Travis and Justin, and maybe even Jay to come out again.

if any DS guys come out who are 21, im sure i'll probably have enough beer to share.

Ashley, Zac, let me know if theres anything else i can do to help...

ZacFields
03-26-2006, 04:32 PM
yeah, we don't have much figured out yet concerning who is bringing what.. we will definitely provide the food. but as far as plates, napkins, etc etc etc.. we'll figure all that junk out once it's closer to the BBQ. =)

-ashley

RandomHero
03-26-2006, 05:08 PM
i can try to make it, it depends on where im working at the time and if i cant get the day off

Drifte
03-26-2006, 06:10 PM
i''ll take off work as soon as i can. This way i dont miss another big event going on because i took off the wrong day or didnt take it off soon enough.

lil krumm
03-26-2006, 06:18 PM
ill be there, im quiting my job so i wont have to worry about that :)

biohazard
03-26-2006, 07:26 PM
I might show up, just depends what I am doing this summer.

melhoneybee
03-26-2006, 08:42 PM
I got the volleyball net... let me know how much you want me to bring for the other shit!

warchild145
03-26-2006, 08:51 PM
I'll plan to come out unless my car isnt on the road yet otherwise i will gladly put up some cash.

DragonUSMC
03-27-2006, 05:44 AM
yup I'll be there... little brother might even come.

NewSpeedSteed
03-27-2006, 10:29 AM
I might have to work overtime- but that won't stop me from showing up agian this year. If anything it just means I'll be fashionably late.

But yeah I do want to come for sure; I figure everyone can see the stang in person too, seeing how I can't post pics of it here.

ZacFields
04-18-2006, 03:09 PM
YOOO!

Pictures from last year:

http://www.crunderground.com/bbq/1.jpg
http://www.crunderground.com/bbq/2.jpg
http://www.crunderground.com/bbq/3.jpg
http://www.crunderground.com/bbq/4.jpg
http://www.crunderground.com/bbq/5.jpg
http://www.crunderground.com/bbq/6.jpg
http://www.crunderground.com/bbq/7.jpg

Lets get the party started! Everything is set to go! Just need food and shit but theres NO WORRIES THERE!

We're doin this thing!

Zac

Drifte
04-18-2006, 04:28 PM
we need to set a date on this thing

warchild145
04-18-2006, 04:48 PM
its going to be June 10

ZacFields
04-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Yes, June 10th, locked and loaded. The pavilion has officially been reserved.

All that's left is for us to get out there and EAT SOME FOOOOOD!

BTW: Everyone remember to donate to the paypal account if you can. Last year we had some very nice donations from the members and we appreciated it SO MUCH! $5, $10, $30, we received donations of all those sizes last year and it is what made our BBQ rock so hard.

This year, we will have at least $150 worth of money from our excellent advertisers (Google, Import Evolution, and Park Towne Auto!) which should at least come close to covering the meat. We still need more $$$ for the other food though!

http://www.crunderground.com/paypal.php

Click the above link if you wish to donate via paypal!

This year's BBQ is going to kick so much ass! Everyone make sure you get time off to make it there!

Zac

TbTalon94
04-19-2006, 07:28 AM
I'll be there. I'm not gonna miss this one. Lookin forward to it!

-Trevor

ZacFields
04-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Remember guys you can always bring your friends. This year we hope to have some CR:U merchandise on hand. If we don't we will have a sign-up sheet for what size shirt everyone wears so we know what to order.

The whole point of the BBQ is to give our tenured members a nice day to relax and meet eachother and talk about our cars and whatnot. AND to get the word out about CR:U to people who haven't heard about it yet. So bring a few friends! They might end up joining the site, and/or telling their friends about the kickass BBQ they went to for that CR:Underground site. :)

I can foresee a good turnout again this year by the numbers we're getting on the poll. Last year we had a blast! I'm really looking forward to it.

Zac

PS: Oh by the way! We need to make sure we've got a good cook out there again this year. I can cook just fine, but I like to mingle and get to know everyone so I don't want to get stuck cooking the entire time.

Oh and this year me and Ashley are making a buttload of homemade potato salad! (Last year we bought a few tubs from walmart...and I personally didn't like it) Remember things get just a little bit better every year!

Street_Supremacy_2006
05-03-2006, 12:55 PM
hmm this thing sounds damn fun.. ill mark it down and ill try to attend it!

Ashley
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
definitely. we want as many people to come as possible, and bring a friend or two if you want. if you guys have any questions or suggestions at all, PM me and let me know and i'll try and make *most* people happy. haha.

DragonUSMC
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
yeah its going to be a blast... we are going to have some stupid games to play. maybe even a "race" we can crown the CR:U Champion!!

Ashley
05-03-2006, 01:01 PM
yeah, when i go to target to get stuff for the BBQ, i'll even get a tiara for the cr:u champ. =) haha.

Street_Supremacy_2006
05-03-2006, 01:17 PM
haha nice.. ill bring sum friends....how much money u guys need donated??? i couldprolly sueezsomeoutof my rents ;) haha there wealthy!!

twistedmedal05
05-03-2006, 01:19 PM
o yea bet they r

Street_Supremacy_2006
05-03-2006, 01:21 PM
haha shut up brett.... are u planning on going??? u better.. ill just ride with you..

twistedmedal05
05-03-2006, 01:26 PM
better not u still got to get that camaro.

Street_Supremacy_2006
05-03-2006, 10:10 PM
prolly not... trying to get another chunk of change from my dad is gonna be a pain in my ass... im not sure what imma do yet.. im in the same oat u are... those fuckin loans! lol

MrChantavong
06-01-2006, 09:44 AM
so where exactly is the west over look at??

Ashley
06-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Take I-380 South to the exit for I-80 headed into Iowa City. Take that exit, so you're on I-80. From I-80 take Exit 244 and go 3 miles North (you'll take a left onto Dubuque Street, headed AWAY from Iowa City) on Dubuque Street to West Overlook Road. There will be a large brown sign saying "Coralville Lake & Dam". Turn right at this sign. Proceed on West Overlook Road 1/4 mile to the Dam Complex Entrance Station.. keep going through the entrance station past the beach, to our pavillion! There will be a sign saying the pavillion is reserved for CR:Underground, and if you make it to the Entrance Station - if you tell the people working what you're trying to find, they can most definitely help you!

lil krumm
06-01-2006, 11:57 AM
i think ill make an apperance......if some one wants to drive me :)

biohazard
06-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Well, I don't know if I will be going this year. I probably should being its the last time I would be able to do anything with anyone on CRU. But, I am in the middle of trying to get a newer and better car and trying to sell the Daytona.

Ashley
06-01-2006, 09:51 PM
i think ill make an apperance......if some one wants to drive me :)

get one of your brothers to drive you. =) or just get a ride to the montgomery wards parking lot and get a ride off of someone in the group, i'm sure there would be at least ONE person who wouldnt mind having you in their car. haha.

lil krumm
06-02-2006, 06:29 AM
[quote="lil murk";p="105685":4fe1c]i think ill make an apperance......if some one wants to drive me :)

get one of your brothers to drive you. =) or just get a ride to the montgomery wards parking lot and get a ride off of someone in the group, i'm sure there would be at least ONE person who wouldnt mind having you in their car. haha.
[/quote:4fe1c]

i was referring to my brothers, but they would mind having me in thier car. lol

Luminatorz34
06-02-2006, 06:33 AM
count me, and the camaro's fat ass in on being there on the 10th. i got that saturday off, so ill finally make it to a event from cru. but i have a 2hour drive to do this. oh well, seems like its worth it to me

ZacFields
06-05-2006, 12:04 AM
I think you guys will all enjoy yourselves. Sounds like we're going to have another great turnout.

Zac

belittle
06-05-2006, 12:46 AM
I should be able to make it around 3-4ish when I get off work. I don't think I've ever been to a cru event. Hopefully people will still be around.

ZacFields
06-05-2006, 12:49 AM
We will still be there at 3-4 I guarantee it. I think last year people were still out there at 7pm. I had to leave at 6 last year to get ready to go to wisconsin that next morning but there were still a handful of people out there even after that.

Zac

Luminatorz34
06-05-2006, 05:58 AM
yeah bryan, you better make it out there. im not driving no freaking 2 hours when you have to drive 5 minutes. haha. besides i need to give ya more shit dude. if the driveshaft will hold together for one for week on bonemaro, ill be set.

Ashley
06-06-2006, 07:09 AM
remember guys, this thing is THIS COMING SATURDAY!! i'm getting excited, minus the fact that i'm spending most of friday making potato salad and cookies/brownies. lol. oh well.

and EVERYONE is welcome to come, even if you dont post that much or dont know anyone from the site - thats the point of this thing, to get to know people. =)

last year was suchhh a blast, so i hope you guys make it out there at some point. if you dont know how to get there, Zac will be meeting up with people in the old montgomery wards parking lot at westdale mall between 11-1130 (i'll post for sure the exact time once i talk to him about it) to lead people out there, so dont let that stop you, either!

69gt4speed
06-07-2006, 01:03 AM
Well I put in to be off sat. and friday. However the g/f and I have to kid watch so no crazy stuff with her in the car.

boostboyike
06-07-2006, 11:00 AM
ill be there as long as dustin stops givin me shit about havin a fwd dsm lol

DragonUSMC
06-07-2006, 11:41 AM
JJ240 and I are planning on being there... probably the same deal we did last year... but bigger cooler!

ZacFields
06-07-2006, 11:45 AM
bahahaha!

Looks like we're going to have another awesome turnout this year. I'll go ahead and put one more email out today or tomorrow and I think we're going to be set.

Zac

lil krumm
06-07-2006, 01:47 PM
zac if you need help hauling anything out there i can toss some shit into my truck.

Ashley
06-07-2006, 02:00 PM
i dont think we really have anything to haul.. and between his backseat/trunk and my backseat/hatch i think we'll be able to handle the food and a couple coolers. we're just using the grill(s) that are out there, so i dont believe we need to take anything else thats big at all.

but thanks for the offer, if we think of anything big we need to take, we'll get ahold of ya. =)

hopefully lots of people show up that say they're going to. they better, anyway, i'll be spending friday before i go to work making potato salad and cookies and brownies. lol. so you all had better show up and eat my food.

StreetSweeper
06-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Dont think im going to make it... Have to work from 7.30 - 4:00... Hopefully ill make it next year... Hope you guys have fun.. Im sure ill be out on the streets at night if theres anything goin on.. Everyone should come into CR and play sat night. :supz:

biohazard
06-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Looks lke I'm goin for sure now and bringing along a friend.

DragonUSMC
06-08-2006, 05:38 AM
^ BF? lol I keeeeed i keeeeed... Yeah i dont know if Zac said this earlier or not, but all friends are welcome to come. You dont have to be "on" CRU to be "invited".

ZacFields
06-08-2006, 09:33 AM
yes I actually think I'm going to put up a flier at my work to see if anyone who has saturday off wants to drop by.

Zac

boostboyike
06-08-2006, 11:24 AM
well if it rains im not goin.but have a few people at work interested.about 10 or so.im trying to get everyone at quadcitiesdsm to meet up somewere but no ones game so far.

ZacFields
06-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Well rain or no rain we'll be out there anyways. Even if it does rain, it shouldn't rain all day but as of right now it looks like it might just be a few showers but nothing too serious.

Still should be sunny or partly sunny most of the day :)

Zac

boostboyike
06-08-2006, 12:50 PM
if anyone else knows anyone off of qcdsm help me kick em in there asses and get them going so dsm can represent at the cookout lol

DustinsDuster
06-09-2006, 10:42 AM
So whats gonna happen if it rains tomorrow? Do we have it anyway or postpone it?

DragonUSMC
06-09-2006, 10:54 AM
last time i checked... yup you still can drink in the rain =D and there is a freakin shelter!

ZacFields
06-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah the bbq will still go on saturday regardless of what happens with rain or whatever.

My philosophy is that even if it rains, it probably won't rain all day so we should still be able to make a day out of it.

However, if for some reason we have a cruddy turnout (which i'm certain won't be a problem) we will see if we can reserve the pavilion again for later in the summer and have a 2nd cookout maybe in july or august.

It's going to be okay. There will be food for everyone who is there but if it's really cruddy we will have another one.

Zac

ZacFields
06-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Hey guys, quick update.

The weather is saying right now that there is a 20% chance of "morning showers."

We should be perfectly fine for the BBQ then because the BBQ starts at noon! So come hungry! It's supposed to be about 70 degrees tomorrow! Nice nice nice!

Zac

DustinsDuster
06-09-2006, 11:32 AM
My point Jay, is that not everyone's car is as apt to deal with rain as yours is...ass :-D

DragonUSMC
06-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Well looks like your riding with justin or I then... homo-saurs

ZacFields
06-09-2006, 11:58 PM
Just to reiterate for everyone:

WE WILL BE THERE EVEN IF IT RAINS!

haha. I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of that because we will still be there and we will still be cooking the food even if it rains. We have food already bought and the pavilion already rented so we will be there and we will be cooking for everyone!

Remember you can pick up your t-shirts too. we will have all the t-shirts there tomorrow so bring your $10 and you can pick yours up or even if you haven't reserved one, you can buy one. There are 43 of them so we've got one for you!

So once again, even if it rains we will still be out there!

Zac

ZacFields
06-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Also a weather update, the high is 60-65 so it is going to be NICE outside. It's supposed to be cloudy but oh well.

There is an 80% chance of rain but they said that will mostly be early in the day! So once again we should be good for the BBQ tomorrow but even if it's raining we will still be there!

Zac