PDA

View Full Version : lightweight battery?

k u r y i s
03-08-2006, 01:38 PM
just wanting to get some opinions about this:

http://www.momentummotorparts.com/store/batteries.asp

thinking about one, it saves about 25lbs off the front end.

if i get one, anyone interested in some subs/amp?

Stutz
03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
What do you have for a system?

krustindumm
03-08-2006, 05:05 PM
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/specs.htm

mount it in the trunk, gets even more weight off the front.

DustinsDuster
03-08-2006, 05:36 PM
your car is FWD isnt it? wouldnt you want to keep some weight over your wheels?

krustindumm
03-08-2006, 06:06 PM

For drag racing yes, for anything else no.

k u r y i s
03-08-2006, 06:58 PM

yeah this is true for traction, but my car is front heavy as it is, so i am just trying to balance it out.

the system is 2 Xtant 10" DVC subs and an MBQuart RA800 amp

JJ240
03-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Take the battery out and cornerweight your car...put the lightweight battery wherever you come out lowest. Unless your battery is already junk its not really worth spending the money for a lightweight battery. But I guess with that mentality our cars already take us from point A to point B, so why do we bother to do anything to them :)

k u r y i s
03-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Take the battery out and cornerweight your car...put the lightweight battery wherever you come out lowest. Unless your battery is already junk its not really worth spending the money for a lightweight battery. But I guess with that mentality our cars already take us from point A to point B, so why do we bother to do anything to them :)

yeah i was thinking about doing the weight thing but i dunno anyone arond here that has a set and i don't wanna blow the $800+ for a set of my own, great minds think alike...

another thing i was gonna mention is the reason i am considering this is also because my battery (factory and about a year and a half old) tested weak, so either way i should probably get a new one at some point.

krustindumm
03-10-2006, 10:46 AM
circle track shops will have corner weight scales, and there are a few of those around.

DustinsDuster
03-10-2006, 05:25 PM
[quote="DustinsDuster";p="99883":d808a]your car is FWD isnt it? wouldnt you want to keep some weight over your wheels?

For drag racing yes, for anything else no.[/quote:d808a]

in the post your ride section, he talked about quarter mile times, but never mentioned roadracing, so i wasnt sure.

just offering another point of view.