PDA

View Full Version : Damn the man!

DragonUSMC
01-23-2006, 01:53 PM
OK I’m at work and need to vent so you guys get to listen =)

So I’m going through getting my competitions lined up for the remainder of the season for snowboarding. And I keep running into 2 major event holders…. USASA (USA Snowboard Assoc.) and then the Iowa Games on top of them even.

They have these rules… one of them being no inverted tricks allowed. Now USASA will allow it with a signed waiver. But the other is the requirement of a helmet. Now I understand that they are concerned of the safety of the athletes but seriously… I’m 26, I’ve been shot at and blown up, I’ve been snowboarding for over 16 years and pro for over 8. I think I’m a big boy now and can make my own decisions on if I want to wear a helmet or not.

Honestly I throw inverted tricks now-a-days like I’m putting on my shoes. There really isn’t much thought process or anything anymore to it. But I know that maybe when I first started out that wearing a helmet might have been a good idea… maybe would have cut back on my 14 concussions that I have had.

But still now they are simply judging on if one person throws a 540, and one person throws a 720, the guy who threw the 7 would win! But why? I throw 5’s, 7’s, 9’s and honestly I can say the stupid fast 7’s and 9’s that people throw out here in the Midwest are done… they look like crap and the person simply looks like a blurry top, how is that stylie? I can make a 5 corked out, smooth, and clean, and some douche is going to throw a sloppy 7 and beat me… common that’s ridiculous! I’ve thrown more 7s and 9s then this kid has even THOUGHT of… but I choose not to because it takes more skill to do what im doing. On top of that all I would have to do is throw a couple of my Misty flips, Rodeos, or shit even a simple fucking front flip and cause the entire crowd to go “ooooooooooohhh Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!” but no… can’t do that, that would be against the rules.

So… in short my competition year has been cut DRAMATICLY short because of stupid people. I’ve forgotten more about snowboarding then they would ever know, and yet I am not allowed to destroy them on the slopes because of my vast experience over them. Oh well I guess… I’ll just do more demos and push more for TV commercials… make more $$ on that end anyway =/

P.S. Thanks for listening!! =) remember support your local S.L.F. (snowboard Liberation Front) lol

JunTyper
01-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Just wear the helmet and do the front flip. Then you have the crowd on your side. They cant tell you your dqed in front of everyone. Gt the crowd, and that will help your cause.

logans dad
01-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Dragon, In the stockcar class we have sandbaggers so their engine doesnt get claimed but I say thats not right, Go for it, do what you need to do, and smoke there asses. You know your getting older.

DragonUSMC
01-23-2006, 10:59 PM
actually they will DQ you in front of everyone... thats why i dont ride at sundown anymore. Everyone was "boo"ing that they did that but they didnt care much. I found some other comps / demos to fill in on those days. Just means i have to drive to WI more =/

melhoneybee
01-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Well unfortanatly you didn't write the rules.. at least you have found something to keep yourself busy with it!