PDA

View Full Version : National Champion

JunTyper
01-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Who you think is going to win?

Texas is too good of a football team. Usc has 2 good players.

Ashley
01-03-2006, 06:14 PM
i pick usc, simply because i really really dislike ut. oh well.

DustinsDuster
01-03-2006, 06:16 PM
any particular reason this is in the trash? i might not be totally into football much, but i dont think it nesicarily belongs here.

Dustin

Ashley
01-03-2006, 06:17 PM
because i was in the process of moving it while you posted that. =)

brown7
01-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Texas. Mostly because I am tired of hearing about USC. yes, they are a good football team, but look at who they have to play all year. less than half of their division had winning seasons, 3 ranked teams. Texas is in the big 12, and although they only had 2 ranked teams, its definitly a tougher conference in my book. now the big 10 had 7 teams go to bowl games and 5 of them were ranked teams. make USC play in the big 10 and 12 all year, or for that matter the SEC and Atlantic conferences, we'll see how good they really are........ just my 2 cents

titan01
01-03-2006, 07:44 PM
:supz: hook'em horns hook'em :supz: . thats becouse im tired of hearing about usc. and the way it sounds like bush will be going to the texans anyway couse they have the first round pick

JunTyper
01-03-2006, 07:46 PM
any particular reason this is in the trash? i might not be totally into football much, but i dont think it nesicarily belongs here.

Dustin

I couldnt find a off-topic area.

Welcome to fucking honda-tech. Jesus Anal much.

ICGerms
01-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Should be a good game, either way. I think Texas might win, though.

Urban Legend
01-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I'd really like to see Texas win but I think USC is going to take it.

melhoneybee
01-03-2006, 10:13 PM
I think Texas and why.. cause Traivs kinda summed it up!

ZacFields
01-03-2006, 10:18 PM
GO LONGHORNS!

Zac

JunTyper
01-03-2006, 10:19 PM
I hope that the game is as close as this poll has been.

Rollin on Dubs
01-04-2006, 06:23 AM
I think usc is going to win, And both teams will be in the 40-50 point range. If i remember right USC is #1 in rushing yards and Texas is #2

2kSunfire
01-04-2006, 07:41 AM
Texas is too good of a football team. Usc has 2 good players.

I can't disagree more. Texas, although MIGHT have a better defense, has only one offensve weapon. All they have to do is keep Vince Young in the pocket and the USC defense will dominate this game. The key matchup though is going to be USC offense against UT defense. If UT somehow stops the unstoppable (Bush), then they will have to face a completely different kind of RB in LenDale White. And then if they completely shut down the running game, there was a reason Matt Leinart was on the Heisman list...
Just my opinion.

JunTyper
01-04-2006, 10:49 AM
All they have to do is keep Vince Young in the pocket and the USC defense will dominate this game. .

Not sure if you noticed, but Vince Young has the Nations best passeer rating at. 168 something. He isnt Vick. He can live in the pocket.

I just hope that the game lives up to the hype. I think last nights game will be the best game this year.

2kSunfire
01-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Not sure if you noticed, but Vince Young has the Nations best passeer rating at. 168 something. He isnt Vick. He can live in the pocket.

Oh, I agree that he isn't a Vick, and I know that he can manage in the pocket, but what I was getting to was two things. One, the USC line has one of the best pass rushing defenses that I have seen, and two Young does have speed and the less yards that he gets on the ground, the better.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited to see how the game turns out. I hope it will be close and exciting. I would like to see Texas win, but I just don't see it happening.

JunTyper
01-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am excited to see how the game turns out. I hope it will be close and exciting. I would like to see Texas win, but I just don't see it happening.

I think that it will be a good game as long as boht defenses show up. If either teams defense isnt their then the other team will walk up and down the field. I dont think that this is going to be a shoot out type of game. I think that it will be a low scoring game.

In fact I hope that it is a low game. I took the under bet. I think that it has the chance to 38 total points. I think that texas wins if it isnt a shoot out. I think that they win 21-17.

RandomHero
01-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Fuck the Notre Dame game

ZacFields
01-04-2006, 10:24 PM
GO HORNS. AMAZING GAME.

Vince Young is one crazy bizotch. PUlled the ball down and ran for the TD with 19 seconds left on the clock. Then he pulled down and ran for the 2 point conversion.

WOOHOO!

Zac

2kSunfire
01-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Damnit. I didn't see it but my brother said that Leinart had an attitude at the end of the game. I think that is funny. I do believe that USC is a better team than the Longhorns, but Vince Young proved that he was without a doubt the best player on the field. Great game overall.

JunTyper
01-04-2006, 10:41 PM
400 total yards. That was a great game by vince Young. I was at the edge of my seat all game. To come back from being down 12. UNREAL.

I hate how all the tv people were like USC this and USC that, and USC is the best of all time. Now that Texas won they are talking about how great Texas is, and how great they are going to be. Kinda gay.

I have been meaning to ask you this 2ksunfire Why do you have JunTyper in your sig?

titan01
01-04-2006, 10:41 PM
:supz: hook'em horns hook'em :supz: that was 1 great game

JunTyper
01-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Can you slow down you avator? Me and my girlfriend are trying to do them all, but I cant see them all.

ZacFields
01-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Jun,

On CR:U there is a tag called the "you" tag. it looks like this: [ you ] without the spaces. When you type in the "you" tag, it displays the name of the person viewing the post.

Vince Young will probably enter the NFL draft coming up here in a few months. He is damn stupid if he doesn't. He's already slated to be the #1 quarterback chosen in this years NFL draft if he chooses to enter. Why give that up? He'll get a ~3-5 million dollar signing bonus at least and will start out at a minimum of about 2.5-3 million per year if he goes now. If he stays, what happens when he tears his ACL at the end of the season next year and has to enter the NFL draft injured. Instantly dropping him to maybe a 3rd round pick, no signing bonus, and would be lucky to make 1 million per year.

Zac

titan01
01-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Jun,

On CR:U there is a tag called the "you" tag. it looks like this: [ you ] without the spaces. When you type in the "you" tag, it displays the name of the person viewing the post.

Vince Young will probably enter the NFL draft coming up here in a few months. He is damn stupid if he doesn't. He's already slated to be the #1 quarterback chosen in this years NFL draft if he chooses to enter. Why give that up? He'll get a ~3-5 million dollar signing bonus at least and will start out at a minimum of about 2.5-3 million per year if he goes now. If he stays, what happens when he tears his ACL at the end of the season next year and has to enter the NFL draft injured. Instantly dropping him to maybe a 3rd round pick, no signing bonus, and would be lucky to make 1 million per year.

Zacwell if you think about it the QB from USC could have went in the first round last year but said no and he can back for another season . and for the second reason some guys play for the love of the game , not the money . but the money is nice dont get me wrong.

JunTyper
01-04-2006, 11:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/n ... id=2280160 (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2280160)

THat is what happens. Ask Willis Mcghee.

ZacFields
01-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Wow I've never heard of that^^^

But if I'm reading that right, that only covers a career ending injury though. I'm talking more about an injury that would make teams be too shy to draft him until about the third round or so and thus severely lower his salary. However, that was a good read though. I never heard you could get insurance for that.

Titan: I hear what your saying on the love of the game. It's fairly rare for a projected #1 pick to not go straight to the draft, though. Because that means this guy would be able to get paid TO DO what he loves. Nothing sweeter than that! lol

I could understand though, if he wasn't projected to be a first round choice, maybe a second rounder. At that point, you're not guaranteed a starting role, so you might not even get to play one single down next year.

And I guess back to Vince Young, he could stay solely because he knows he plays for a team that could turn around and go back to the championship next year. Thus he would get to play another season and know that he and his team will be successful.

Zac

titan01
01-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Wow I've never heard of that^^^

But if I'm reading that right, that only covers a career ending injury though. I'm talking more about an injury that would make teams be too shy to draft him until about the third round or so and thus severely lower his salary. However, that was a good read though. I never heard you could get insurance for that.

Titan: I hear what your saying on the love of the game. It's fairly rare for a projected #1 pick to not go straight to the draft, though. Because that means this guy would be able to get paid TO DO what he loves. Nothing sweeter than that! lol

I could understand though, if he wasn't projected to be a first round choice, maybe a second rounder. At that point, you're not guaranteed a starting role, so you might not even get to play one single down next year.

And I guess back to Vince Young, he could stay solely because he knows he plays for a team that could turn around and go back to the championship next year. Thus he would get to play another season and know that he and his team will be successful.

Zac very well said zac , and i take it that you too played ball for the love of the game :supz:

ZacFields
01-04-2006, 11:43 PM
I played a little quarterback when I was younger. I played up until I was a sophmore in high school and some freaky health problems forced me out. By that time I had switched to defensive back and played fairly well there. Was also toying around with defensive end when i was a freshman and had 9 sacks. I was mainly only playing DE in blitzing situations as I was real light (about 160 pounds) for that position and big runningbacks could run right over me.

Never have gotten over being forced out of football. I feel like such an old man talking about the "glory days" and shit. lol. Here is a video of me playing QB in 7th grade I believe. I look like a dork...but everyone does in 7th grade.

http://www.zacfields.com/zacsite/movies/football2.mpg

(right click, save as. File is about 6 megs I think)

Zac

JunTyper
01-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Look at Mcghee. He had a horrible knee injury, and he still went in the first round. Vince young will go, but it is about the money. the only reason to stay is the teams that would draft him ase so Shitty that he wouldnt want to go to them.

ZacFields
01-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Yes, but Willis would have been near the #1 pick had he not gotten injured. He was amazing in his recovery and really showed the NFL scouts a lot of things very early on. I also thought what he did was kinda dumb, because he had another year of eligibility left for college and if he truly believed in himself he could have spent that extra year proving to the NFL that his talent was not affected by the injury and could have returned to being #1 pick status.

He still lost out on a lot of money, but obviously things have worked out very well for him and he is a pretty good runningback now. He had an okay season at best, but then again so did the bills in general.

Zac

ICGerms
01-05-2006, 06:47 PM
...If he stays, what happens when he tears his ACL at the end of the season next year and has to enter the NFL draft injured. Instantly dropping him to maybe a 3rd round pick, no signing bonus, and would be lucky to make 1 million per year.

He would have an education, though.

ZacFields
01-05-2006, 09:30 PM
[quote="ZacFields";p="92312":5b2f6]...If he stays, what happens when he tears his ACL at the end of the season next year and has to enter the NFL draft injured. Instantly dropping him to maybe a 3rd round pick, no signing bonus, and would be lucky to make 1 million per year.

He would have an education, though.[/quote:5b2f6]

True, but he's a liberal arts major. He's in college to play football basically. lol

Zac

JunTyper
01-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Come on now. Matt linhert was taking ballroom dancing last semster. I think even oldskool could handle that.