PDA

View Full Version : Dig or Roll (poll)

KILL SPRAY
12-08-2005, 09:45 PM
I've been wondering about this question for a while. DIG or ROLL??
some people built there cars only to race from a roll and others from a Dig. Just want to know what type of street racing you people like and why?
Some people hate racing from and roll and dont understand why people do it and they seem to say "thats not real street racing" other people think that only real cars race from a roll because theres less excuses like "i spun" or "I didnt get a good launch"
Roll cars seem to look something like this:
Manual, lower gears ( rwd 3.55 or lower) Big turbo, or supercharger,nitrous.. etc. lightweight rims something like 17inch rim with low profile tires.
Dig cars look something like a drag car. Automatic with big stall, higher rearend gears (3.73- higher) Nitrous, Twin turbo or smaller single, supercharger.. etc. Slicks and skinnys, or AWD.
Something like that.

BlownPony306
12-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Racing from a roll is for people who can't drive.

Deathinnovember
12-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Racing from a roll is for people who can't drive.

Not really. Sometimes thats peoples only choice. A LOT of drag cars have to race from a roll because they can't hook up worth a shit on the street.

My choice is to race from a roll because my rear tires are down to the wear bars haha.

BlownPony306
12-08-2005, 11:02 PM
That's why the throttle isn't an on off switch. I'd rather race from a stop any day. Although I'll race from a roll if the need arises. Just more of a real race when you race from a stop.

KILL SPRAY
12-09-2005, 12:34 AM
I enjoy racing from a roll more then I do from a dig, I liked when me and deathinnovember raced, 98 Auto TransAm vs 00 6spd Trans Am WS6, he ended up beating me, but it was still fun.

it seems like almost every street racing vid out there is from a roll.. weither its cause they all live in big citys that these races take place and thats the only place to do it.. but it seems to be popular.

69gt4speed
12-09-2005, 01:18 AM
That's why the throttle isn't an on off switch. I'd rather race from a stop any day. Although I'll race from a roll if the need arises. Just more of a real race when you race from a stop.

There can be some issues from a stop, yea it comes down to drivers clutch/throttle control skills but when (assuming a stick btw) you start getting over 400rwhp in a stang or camaro esp using n2o or have a eaton/whipple/kb they get a lot of torque down low 3k.
It's fairly hard for me to be consistant so I like to do a stop, maybe a couple of rolls, if you want to see more what the power is. Even on a roll you can spin on higher power pretty easy.
Overall against another car I like the stop, about a 20, then about a 45. The awd's want a 0 to 80ish, the rwd auto's like the 1/4 runs. Lot of high power stick guys want rolls up to a 70 start.
Ask kill spray I spun for a while once while jacking around next to him, And my car is very weak about 200 whp maybe in the shade.
Nothing for a blownpony to blow the blue car into the weeds.

69gt4speed
12-09-2005, 01:27 AM
I enjoy racing from a roll more then I do from a dig, I liked when me and deathinnovember raced, 98 Auto TransAm vs 00 6spd Trans Am WS6, he ended up beating me, but it was still fun.

it seems like almost every street racing vid out there is from a roll.. weither its cause they all live in big citys that these races take place and thats the only place to do it.. but it seems to be popular.

I've got several kill spray that shows a various cars, there is a blue stang vs a black s/c stang, then one you've never seen is a k.c. taped by me n2o+bpu viper vs a cammed/sprayed bpu 99 camaro. 0 to 145. On a roll how about a hennesey viper vs turbo busa 250whp and the viper wins?

DustinsDuster
12-11-2005, 12:07 PM
i like the dig because my car hooks well, and doesnt pull as hard up top as it does down low.

Dustin

FiFdYnUtZ
12-26-2005, 09:23 PM
i think a dig is for YOU and your car vs. whoever else and their car

and a roll is more for comparing rides...

my .02

96-eclipse-gst
12-27-2005, 01:30 PM
I think when racing both types should be observed. One car may win from a dig but another may win from a stop. Why not try both out. Its not like its a huge deal if you lose. I just like racing. One reason for me to race from a dig is that I'm FWD and i dont always get the best traction from a launch. I can however brake boost to a certain point so i dont spin the shit out of my tires. but obviously a stop is not my strong point.

StreetSweeper
12-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Real racing is racing from a stop.. John force and Tony Pedragon dont roll from the 60ft on sundays. It takes more driver skill to go from a dig then a roll. If your a racing real your racing right... FROM A DIG!

96-eclipse-gst
01-02-2006, 09:42 PM
It doesnt matter, "a win is a win, whether it be an inch or a mile, every REAL racer knows that!" sorry for some reason i just HAD to do that. I didnt even quote it correctly.

Urban Legend
01-03-2006, 10:34 AM
I like from a dig, just for the fact of getting out of the hole, is harder than just stepping on the gas. But I could see how people like from a roll if they can't hook up or don't want to break.

NitrousJunkie
01-08-2006, 04:50 PM
REAL Races are from a dig.

Ninesecsnake
01-08-2006, 06:41 PM
A real race is from a dig. The only reason to go from a roll is to even the playing field. If its for $$ it has to always be from a dig.

OldSkoolRCR
01-08-2006, 07:24 PM
A real race is from a dig. The only reason to go from a roll is to even the playing field. If its for $$ it has to always be from a dig.

Very well put.....

JunTyper
01-08-2006, 07:32 PM
i think a dig is for YOU and your car vs. whoever else and their car

and a roll is more for comparing rides...

my .02

I have to agree.

I have heard in the south "the new thing" is a standing mile run. I have heard this from several people around Des Moines. people are running from a stop to 1 mile since that would test both skill and machine.

BoostCrazy
01-08-2006, 08:33 PM
I voted from a roll. I plan on this year not puting my car in a hard shock of dead hooking from a stop. Next year I will step up to getting a better drive train set up.

For this year joe shomo street tires will have to do.

dragsourcetsi
01-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Real racing is racing from a stop.. John force and Tony Pedragon dont roll from the 60ft on sundays. It takes more driver skill to go from a dig then a roll. If your a racing real your racing right... FROM A DIG!

go suck John Force's dick

ROLL RULES

:rock:

Deimos
01-19-2013, 11:42 AM
I soooooooooo dig his avatar.

AutoMods
01-19-2013, 01:15 PM
holy thread revival. i don't know half these people

Deimos
01-19-2013, 06:35 PM
I thought about bringing the one back where amanda talks about sucking dicks.

sparkles
01-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Please do. I'm a little late to the party

Domestic Disturbance
01-20-2013, 02:29 PM
I have heard in the south "the new thing" is a standing mile run. I have heard this from several people around Des Moines. people are running from a stop to 1 mile since that would test both skill and machine.

This made me laugh. Its definitely more than a rumor now

ON3IWIN
01-22-2013, 09:12 AM
I will do either or.

garyLT1
01-22-2013, 05:03 PM
I know late post but digging all the way. Roll racing is a joke in my opinion to many people use excuses.

tylers88
01-23-2013, 06:30 PM
I dont mind either, most seem to be from a dig because most of my races are just pull up next to a car at a stoplight that looks like a decent race. In my car I do like from a roll because of the torque steer so bad

bonesaw53
01-23-2013, 06:35 PM
I like roll and dig... but prefer roll.

DustinsDuster
01-28-2013, 12:30 PM
i didnt understand why anyone would roll race until i tried racing my truck. it's so finicky to launch a RWD turbo 4 with no torque through a manual trans geared for a V8. i'm still trying to get it geared better to launch because thats the best part i think.

DustinsDuster
01-28-2013, 12:31 PM
I thought about bringing the one back where amanda talks about sucking dicks.

also, how the hell do i not remember this?

Drifte
01-28-2013, 01:35 PM
also, how the hell do i not remember this?
Isn't it the one about peircings?

Roll racing people you tend to get less excuses out of em. Be cocky, give em the hit and reel em in.