PDA

View Full Version : Engine Being built

CROWN
11-27-2005, 12:05 PM
UPDATE Dec 2nd so Today but Dec. 2nd

This is all i'm having done i went in today and t hey still didn't have a price estiamted so i just put down everything i want like extra and told them to clean it all up and do what needs to be done plus the extra so here it is.

Head/ Block resurfaced
ARP Head Studs
Cometic Head Gasket
New springs/retainers/valves but nothing performance not enough money (in summer i'm boring out the valves and getting ti-retianers and new springs and SS valves)
Stock internals
ACT Clutch (heavy duty plate/organic performance street disc)

Commin soon this winter/spring
Aeromotive Fuel Pres. Reg.
A'Pexi S-AFCII
255Walbro or Holley probalby walbro
KYB Gr-2 Shocks/struts
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Extreme Intercoolers Intercooler Kit...i think
GReddy Type RS BOV
GM Maf w/ Translator
ICW 015B 16in wheels with Hankook tires

Summer
Big Turbo
External wastegate
Full Exhaust
Ported Valves
SS Valvaes
Ti-Retainers
Springs dunno what brand yet

Whenever good Deal
1G AWD and i'd swap my engine into it i'd just need body and drivetrain and everything else i need to swap my engine

PHAT TSi
11-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Some crower valve springs and ti retainers would be a nice touch. Much like that ones that I have for sale here http://crunderground.com/viewtopic.php?t=6688.

And also eliminate those balance shafts.

CROWN
11-27-2005, 02:50 PM
yea balance shafts are being taken out and that kit put in where its just bearings or w/e yea..i'll look into your valve springs and retainers

Drifte
11-27-2005, 04:50 PM
ceramic coated pistons. i mean, you can have them done, its not a bad thing to do.

CROWN
11-27-2005, 08:09 PM
i was just plannin on ordering stock 2g pistons w/ rings unless we bore then i'll probably go with some wiseco's or find some stock 2g pistons .02+

PHAT TSi
11-27-2005, 08:15 PM
In all honesty its not a whole lot more to just buy some eagle rods and some ross .20 pistons, and you would have a pretty stout bottom end.

CROWN
11-27-2005, 08:21 PM
don't keep the 1g big rods? Nd Ross pistons was a possiblity i was thinking wiseco's and ross

what are some pros and cons switching to eagle rods?

PHAT TSi
11-27-2005, 10:48 PM
The cost of machining the rods would almost equate the 300 or so dollars it takes to buy eagle rods.

Eagle rods are good for over 600 hp. They are stronger than the 1g "big rods" and i'm just a big fan of do it once do it right.

Granted you will probably never make that much power just having the peace of mind knowing that your block could take it would be enough for me.

Drifte
11-27-2005, 11:31 PM
yeah i agree with that too. all i a was saying earlier was you can ceramic coat the 2 g pistons. takes the heat a little better aparently. If you do plan to upgrade to the eagles or whatever let us all know what you decide.

later.

RandomHero
11-27-2005, 11:43 PM
and i'm just a big fan of do it once do it right
werd

CROWN
11-28-2005, 09:40 PM
I shoudl know tommorow i'm gonna go in and see and figure everything out. Today My Buick Riviera whta i drive everyday is now gone and to car heaven...the front ened went out and its gone now so now i gotta wait a month w/o a car and get bum rides to work till the motor is back in my eclipse

CROWN
11-29-2005, 04:10 PM
I went intoday to the machine shop and everything is messed up...rod berainsg were blown out, one cylinder needs to be bored out so we're having it all bored out, and the head it was redone like 1000 miles ago but they found out all they did was replace the valves, so the retainers were all cracked, springs put upside down, and they buffed the head instead of resurfacing it so they gotta redo all that now to. So all in all its go nna be a lot more expensive and i think this is what will be done to it now

redone head, valves, retainers, springs etc.
Wiseco's pistons
Eagle Rods
Balance shaft elimator kit
Bearings, rings/ etc all the stuff for rebuild
block all resurface w/ head
ACT Clutch (*heavy duty pressure plate and organist performance street disc). It'll be around 2k they said estimate could be lower but he'll have a price for me on thursday...so yep thats what i found out today now i gotta get more hours at QT and have no car to get me there lol yay

96-eclipse-gst
11-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Yea how much of that is labor too? lol, good thing my father and I rebuilt my own engine. Saved quite a bit of money. Thank god. Good Luck with all that and fucking glad to see you kept the car! It was too damn nice to get rid of.

PHAT TSi
11-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Just a word of advice while your re-doing the head build it with upgraded parts so you wont have to worry about it.

http://www.extremepsi.com has some of the best prices on Ferrea valve guides, seals, and ss valves I have seen, and I have the crower springs/ Ti retainers.

CROWN
11-29-2005, 07:19 PM
that included labor. for a full rebuild just the prices on the rebuild not labor would only be about 1k so hes counting labor in with it yea i have to have them buy the springs and valves and all that or else they wont' guarantee those things and i'd like it all to be guaranteeed so if it broke. But i will get all that the guides their all cracked so the valve just wiggles in there its horrible i'll ask if i can buy them else whre like ur springs and retainers and if i can then i'll buy urs fo sho. i'll know by thursday

Drifte
11-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Yea how much of that is labor too? lol, good thing my father and I rebuilt my own engine. Saved quite a bit of money. Thank god. Good Luck with all that and fucking glad to see you kept the car! It was too damn nice to get rid of.

yea....good thing. lol.

TbTalon94
11-30-2005, 07:55 AM
Clinton make sure they put on a good headgasket and some ARP headstuds. Get a Cometic head gasket and some ARP head studs. There is no sense to have forged internals and a stock headgasket/studs. If you have the forged internals, HG, studs, valvtrain upgrades your car will be capable of making HUGE amounts of power. Or make 350whp reliably. Imagine that.

Also what are you thinking for the compression with those Wisecos? I would go with atleast 8.5:1 or 9:1. That is a great ratio for boost, and is still fairly easy to tune.

Drifte
11-30-2005, 03:55 PM
12:1. dont fuck aroun

PHAT TSi
11-30-2005, 04:26 PM
I personally would go with ross pistons. Not so long ago a few guys had issues with their wiseco pistons. Granted these were on stroker motors it was still a quality control issue. Also Extreme Psi is having an awesome deal on ross/eagle combo, like 749 shipped for the pair. Just a thought though.

CROWN
11-30-2005, 09:33 PM
tommorow i'll know for sure what i'm diong. and I will go with wiseco's b/c thats what they will guarantee and if they can get ross same price i'll go with them. and i'll be getting eagle rods compression on the pistosn i think will be 9:1 i'll make sure to have em get arp studs and they wont' get cheap gaskets harvey's is good well they treat me good atleast but bascially everything will be new inside...yay

PHAT TSi
11-30-2005, 09:40 PM
If your having the work done at Harveys, then they will garuntee the Ross pistons.

RandomHero
11-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Troy had weisco pistons and one of his fried.

CROWN
12-01-2005, 12:01 AM
yea its all at harvey's jerry kept saying wiseco's i guess hes a big fan of those so what WOULD be the best ross or wiseco's? I heard ross are more expenisve though

PHAT TSi
12-01-2005, 12:05 AM
I would go ross, simply because there haven't really been any issues with their quality like the wiseco's. Would you like to spend 440 on pistons now or spend 800 on pistons later if you get a bad piston?

CROWN
12-01-2005, 12:17 AM
yea here are the 3 set up's i'm getting priced and will be going 2g pistons:1g rods
Wiseco Pistons: Eagle Rods
Ross Pistons: Eagle rods

and it'll be bored .02+ hopefully we wont' have to bore it out more. but those 3 set ups i'll be getting priced and getting the ratios for them. I'll let ya know tomomrow(today) what i decide. He said he'll have prices by noon but i got school so tommorow afternoon i shoudl know.

CROWN
12-02-2005, 07:45 PM
UPDATE on what i'm doing look on first page first post

PHAT TSi
12-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Why are you going .50 over? The highest anyone recommends is .40 and thats still a lot. With boring that much you are lessening the material between the cylinders and the coolant jackets. .20 should be sufficient.

CROWN
12-02-2005, 11:08 PM
jerry said 50mm would be safe i told him i just wanted 20+ he said lets go 50 if i get in there tommorow i'll tell him just do 20 but r u sure 50 is to much?

Stutz
12-02-2005, 11:17 PM
holy shit .05 over this isnt a V8!!

CROWN
12-02-2005, 11:26 PM
he said when they get small block chevy's they do 75mm right when they get there and a lot of times they go up to 1 he said theres plenty of room to do it

CROWN
12-02-2005, 11:27 PM
i'll try and go in tommorow and find out for sure and make sure b/c i said won't it make the walls weaker and he said no no

belittle
12-03-2005, 02:37 AM
i'll try and go in tommorow and find out for sure and make sure b/c i said won't it make the walls weaker and he said no no

He works with V8 and larger engines. Tell him its your money and he should do what you want.

CROWN
12-03-2005, 10:13 AM
he would do what i want but if it doesn't harm me doin that then i'm gonna do it

CROWN
12-06-2005, 09:18 PM
NO more good pistons or rods...the total price was about 3600+ so we said no and either gonna just have it all stock new parts which is still good.

TbTalon94
12-07-2005, 07:26 AM
I was thinking the estimate for the forged internals was a little low. Stock internals can take a lot of power, specially when they are fresh. Just be glad that you have the money to rebuild a motor. It will be fresh and should run like a champ. You will be happy!

CROWN
12-07-2005, 12:14 PM
yea we finally got the price to 2200 i think with stock internals still bored to .02 i'm pretty sure and the ACT clutch, ARP studs and blaance shaft elmiator kit and the head still being rebuild as welll so it will be bascially new except no balance shafts different studs and bored

96-eclipse-gst
12-09-2005, 12:13 PM
wow im so glad i didnt have to do all that extra stuff like you. I wouldve cried, in no way do i have near that money. Good Luck, it should run damn good.