PDA

View Full Version : CR:U winter trip!

DragonUSMC
11-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Well its getting close to time to put our nice cars away and pull out our beaters… So what better time then to have another CR:U event?!?!

CR:U presents the first annual CR:U Ski trip! Yes my friends, snow, snowboarding, skiing, snow bunnies, tubing, and hot coco and buttershots, did I mention the snow bunnies?… ahhhh life is good =)

There are some options and I need input from all the members. First I would like to say this is not limited to CRU members only, if you have friends or family that would also like to come then that is PERFECTLY fine. But before I can go any further in the planning of this we have do decide on where we will be ventuing to and taking over.

I will list the three places:

SnowStar in Andalusia, IL. This would be the easiest for me, seeing I work there. They are by far the cheapest and they offer snow tubing for those who do not wish to ski but don’t like having to walk back up hills when they are sleding. It is also the smallest location… For you extreme types, don’t worry, there is a park, I design it every year. So there is little stuff for the n00bs and I have some go-big or go-home kickers that you can huck off of.

There is full eating facilities and bar. Full rental for Snowboards, skis, and snowblades. (those little skis like rollerblades) And its about an hour from CR.

Chestnut Mt. in Galena, IL (right across the river from Dubuque) This is my favorite place to ride within an hour and a half drive from my house. Their facilities are BEAUTIFUL. (note: Guys if you have a GF and you want to have a romantic evening then just stay after the CRU group leaves and rent a nice room and spend the evening in candle light and hot tubs and romantic scenery) For the mid-west they are the largest acreage of skiing terrain. They have an AWESOME park… they know me so they allow me to throw some heftier tricks and not get kicked out. So if some of you can throw down and your riding with me im sure there will be no problems. Downside is that they don’t have stuff for people that don’t want to ski / snowboard / snowblade. Unless you just wanna sit in the hot tubs or what not.

Sundown Mt. in Dubuque, IA Personally I hate this place… But the facilities are good. This is NOT the place to have a romantic / fun weekend with your hot GF by the way. I think it is about the same distance from CR as Snowstar is. They also do not have snow tubing or anything but skiing / boarding. And I use the term boarding loosely cause their park is designed by idiots (last time I was there anyway. They built the tabletops backwards) They are whiney about people going fast and jumping in general. For the price of sundown compared to the quality of what they have I don’t go.

OK so there are the choices… Attached is a spread sheet with prices. It will be cheaper for us to go as a group on a weekday rather then a weekend / holiday. So I was kinda thinking about getting it around everyone’s spring break kinda thing. But a date will be determined on the next update. For now vote on this and any opinions you would like to add.

DragonUSMC
11-03-2005, 09:25 AM
I've got to figure out how to put in a spread sheet so I'll post prices later... otherwise they are available on the websites under the group rate plans.

NewSpeedSteed
11-03-2005, 11:19 AM
A Winter CR:U trip... BRILLIANT!

I think that the first place you said is the best; I hate Sundown too :Hangman: :butthead:

I think its an awesome idea, and that first place, SnowStar, sounds like it offers the most for your money.

It will be entertaining to see everyone with their winter cars there- just to use to seeing people here drive nice cars not old beaters :rolleyes:

ZacFields
11-03-2005, 11:34 AM
I'll be driving the Cavvy !

I plan to attend this event if it is humanly possible for me. Jay I will help you get the word out.

Lately I have been having some back problems and so I hope that those are worked out before this event. I will still plan to attend regardless and at least hang out in the lodge.

If my back is better....may God help you all because I still have my snowboard and about 5 years of cobwebs to work out. WATCH OUT!

Zac

biohazard
11-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Sounds like fun, I will be interested in going. It'll be a good thing to do after finishing my finals.

IPOCPresident
11-03-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm down too, I used to snowboard alot, but now I am lucky to get out once a year, so this will be a good reason to get out. I have been to Sundown twice, and just wasn't impressed, so one of the other locations sounds good.

Drifte
11-03-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm down too, I used to snowboard alot, but now I am lucky to get out once a year, so this will be a good reason to get out. I have been to Sundown twice, and just wasn't impressed, so one of the other locations sounds good.

thats exactly where I'm at.

CROWN
11-03-2005, 03:19 PM
Figure out the Date and I could possibly. I'll deffiently go If i can.

s13kid
11-04-2005, 10:54 AM
I've never been to snow star but if they have board rental and stuff like sundown and its not much farther away I wouldnt mind going there. i've heard alot about it

DragonUSMC
11-04-2005, 11:16 AM
as for the date I'll have to have input from everyone about when their winter break thing is and everything.

I just want to pick a day that will be most available to everyone.

vizracer
11-05-2005, 08:44 PM
im down for anywhere but sundown. i really dont like that place.

DragonUSMC
11-14-2005, 11:34 AM
OK well because its a tie vote im going to have to brake it. I will choose snowstar because its close to all of you, the group only has to be 15 people rather then the 25 at sundown and chestnut, they have tubing for those that dont wish to ski or board, and it is by far the cheapest.

When i get home from work i'll put up dates and see when the best will be for everyone. So if you have suggestions for dates throw them up now.

Deathinnovember
11-14-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm up for it. I would be more then willing to take 1-7 people in my durango so we can car pool.

s13kid
11-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Im hoping you can rent snowboards there?? i dont have on of my own :(

DragonUSMC
11-18-2005, 09:40 PM
yes everything is available to rent... skis, snowboards, snowblades, tubes... you name it.

CROWN
11-18-2005, 10:26 PM
i want to go where you work w/e has the most park , I need a date or estimate time frame, i'd really like to go, and would it be big car pool? Middle or Late January would be good like on a weekend for me...Or soon after christmas Or weekend before christmas