PDA

View Full Version : One more... Mitsubishi or Ford

97Contour
08-25-2005, 05:40 PM
I like mitsubishi.

DustinsDuster
08-25-2005, 05:43 PM
might as well just have asked Domestic or Import?

Dustin

97Contour
08-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Well, I would have if I would have known what "domestic" meant before now..lol but me and my friend are having a dispute over ford or mitsubishi...he is thinking a 69 ford fairline? would beat an evo...and i disagree...so i put it up on here.

DustinsDuster
08-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Well, I would have if I would have known what "domestic" meant before now..lol but me and my friend are having a dispute over ford or mitsubishi...he is thinking a 69 ford fairline? would beat an evo...and i disagree...so i put it up on here.

the Failane would get decimated. stock for stock anyway. AWD vs. RWD and polyglas tires.

dont get me wrong, you could build up at Fairlane to beat a stock evo, but stock for stock, the Fairlane wouldnt run faster than a 14 second pass.

Dustin

Otakuguy
08-25-2005, 05:53 PM
well, I like both the new Mustang and the new Eclipse.
I like em both about equally.

speaking of Mitsubishi, has anyone noticed that they've started a no interest financing deal?
It's like, no financing for the entire payoff period, 60 months yo.

TbTalon94
08-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Ford blows balls. Only thing they have going for them is the Higher-end Mustang models. That's it.

Mistubishi ALL THE WAY

lil krumm
08-25-2005, 08:02 PM
they both loose in my book, thats for the overall companies. dont get me wrong each company has some sweet cars, but overall, they both suck.

RandomHero
08-25-2005, 10:46 PM
there is a really nice fairlane in S.IA that i would def. trade my car for.

Rollin on Dubs
08-26-2005, 12:02 AM
An EVO 8 is kinda a limited production car right? Well compare it to a 64 farlane Thunderbolt thats a limited production car and well the Evo would get killed bad! Im not a ford guy but if you want to compare, Apples to apples.

bowtiebuba
08-26-2005, 02:24 AM
o ya the evo would die if it was up against a thunderbolt olny 100 made 50 auto 50 manual, im a chevy guy my name says it but ive wanted a thunderbolt 4 ever i love those cars

Scott
08-26-2005, 11:27 AM
sounds like 2 different worlds to me, if you want to be different from the rest of kids around get the fairlane, you see alot more evo's around than you see fairlane's. if want to go fast, you know the answer to that too, its alot cheaper to make a fairlane haul-ass than a evo. but if you want a car you can just get in and drive instead of pumping the gas on a carburated car, get the evo. I say be different get a good old classic muscle car..

JJ240
08-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Polls like these are stupid. Its much easier to compare a car, but then on top of that you really need to know what you plan to do with the car. I would take the evo over a fairlane if I was planning on rallying, or running autocross or road course events without hesitation at all. And evo's aren't limited production cars, they have been produced in decent numbers for a decade. Not huge production numbers, but enough to not be considered limited production. Although the US just got their first version recently, so there aren't a ton on the roads here yet.

DustinsDuster
08-26-2005, 04:45 PM
An EVO 8 is kinda a limited production car right? Well compare it to a 64 farlane Thunderbolt thats a limited production car and well the Evo would get killed bad! Im not a ford guy but if you want to compare, Apples to apples.

youre comparing a factory-built race-car to a practical reliable new car with a full warranty and all.

theres always going to the examples where it would be different, but i regular big block fairlane would lose to a regular stock evo.

Dustin